Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take 18:32 - Nov 18 with 1387 viewsWeWereZombies

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59337775

He is, of course, correct to do so but he is pitting himself against an awfully (in both senses of the word, and especially in the case of Saudi Arabia) powerful and merciless couple of states.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 18:33 - Nov 18 with 1369 viewsBlueBadger

This will upset the 'Hamilton isn't allowed to speak about this bad thing unless he speaks out about all the bad things' crowd.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 18:40 - Nov 18 with 1319 viewsTractorFrog

Unfortunately, I'm not sure Liberty care about where the money comes from, as long as they get it. Huge respect for Hamilton, Vettel and other drivers who speak out against human rights issues like this.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 18:46 - Nov 18 with 1285 viewsBlueBadger

'F1 boss Stefano Domenicali told BBC Sport this week the sport could help promote change by racing in countries such as Qatar and Saudi Arabia.'

Ah yes. The tried and tested method of making vile dictators behave better by giving them nice things.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 18:47 - Nov 18 with 1276 viewseireblue

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 18:33 - Nov 18 by BlueBadger

This will upset the 'Hamilton isn't allowed to speak about this bad thing unless he speaks out about all the bad things' crowd.

Maybe they could pivot and use the overly sensitive gambit, e.g. FFS, Hamilton getting offended on other peoples behalf, darn snowflake, he should just stick to BLM.
Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 18:57 - Nov 18 with 1224 viewsTractorFrog

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 18:46 - Nov 18 by BlueBadger

'F1 boss Stefano Domenicali told BBC Sport this week the sport could help promote change by racing in countries such as Qatar and Saudi Arabia.'

Ah yes. The tried and tested method of making vile dictators behave better by giving them nice things.

Absolutely. Liberty Media are more intelligent businessmen than Bernie Ecclestone, but in reality they are just the same. Money talks.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 20:22 - Nov 18 with 1082 viewsfactual_blue

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 18:57 - Nov 18 by TractorFrog

Absolutely. Liberty Media are more intelligent businessmen than Bernie Ecclestone, but in reality they are just the same. Money talks.

Bernie has the disadvantage of coming from Lowestoft.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 21:59 - Nov 18 with 908 viewsBlueBadger

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 20:22 - Nov 18 by factual_blue

Bernie has the disadvantage of coming from Lowestoft.

So, what you're saying is that Footers is only the second worst person from the 'stoft?

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 22:08 - Nov 18 with 871 viewsfactual_blue

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 21:59 - Nov 18 by BlueBadger

So, what you're saying is that Footers is only the second worst person from the 'stoft?

You're forgetting Tim Westwood, aren't you?

Login to get fewer ads

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 22:14 - Nov 18 with 860 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 18:46 - Nov 18 by BlueBadger

Although it gives Hamilton (and anyone else high profile in the sport) a reason and platform to make the comments he has made.

I do agree with the overall point, though. The reward should come with improvements not regardless.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 22:17 - Nov 18 with 842 viewsPinewoodblue

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 21:59 - Nov 18 by BlueBadger

Footers title is safe. Bernie Ecclestone was born in a village not far from Bungay.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 22:19 - Nov 18 with 831 viewsWeWereZombies

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 22:08 - Nov 18 by factual_blue

You're forgetting Tim Westwood, aren't you?

I admit it, I was looking at Wikipedia to find someone worse than Westwood...but there are none. However, this entry puts footers even more into the shade:

'The composer Benjamin Britten was born in Lowestoft in 1913. He was "without a doubt the greatest English classical composer of the last century" and "the only person of real celebrity to have emerged from darkest Lowestoft."'

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 22:30 - Nov 18 with 790 viewsfactual_blue

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 22:17 - Nov 18 by Pinewoodblue

Footers title is safe. Bernie Ecclestone was born in a village not far from Bungay.

He's not even wanted by the burghers of Lowestoft, who have created this myth to disassociate themselves from Ecclestone.

They can't handle the truth.

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 22:33 - Nov 18 with 774 viewsfactual_blue

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 22:19 - Nov 18 by WeWereZombies

I admit it, I was looking at Wikipedia to find someone worse than Westwood...but there are none. However, this entry puts footers even more into the shade:

'The composer Benjamin Britten was born in Lowestoft in 1913. He was "without a doubt the greatest English classical composer of the last century" and "the only person of real celebrity to have emerged from darkest Lowestoft."'

Tim's dad was the Bishop of Peterborough.

Bold stance for Lewis Hamilton to take on 08:16 - Nov 19 with 511 viewssolomon

All sports seem to have moved towards these lucrative but unpleasant regimes, sadly money is ruining many sports and helping them to shed any morals they had before.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024