Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 18:53 - Nov 18 with 1263 viewshoppy

Well deserved on this season so far. Good to have that tied up early.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 18:55 - Nov 18 with 1245 viewstextbackup

£25m release clause?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 18:57 - Nov 18 with 1230 viewshoppy

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 18:55 - Nov 18 by textbackup

£25m release clause?

I'm sure Mark Ashton will have had that clause inserted, just to protect any poaching - only £25m tho?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 18:58 - Nov 18 with 1204 viewschrismakin

Contracts being extended mid-season. What is this witch craft.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:00 - Nov 18 with 1208 viewsJDB23

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 18:58 - Nov 18 by chrismakin

One of the worst decisions in the clubs history was a mid season contract extension!
Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:03 - Nov 18 with 1183 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 18:58 - Nov 18 by chrismakin

5 Year extention for Cook on New Year's Day. Def info!!

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:04 - Nov 18 with 1171 viewschrismakin

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:00 - Nov 18 by JDB23

One of the worst decisions in the clubs history was a mid season contract extension!

Well yes I was kinda being sarcy bout players not being left until summer..

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:05 - Nov 18 with 1178 viewsMullet

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:03 - Nov 18 by GlasgowBlue

5 Year extention for Cook on New Year's Day. Def info!!

He better win a few between now and then before that!

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:06 - Nov 18 with 1184 viewsIllinoisblue

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:00 - Nov 18 by JDB23

I’d still love to know how that happened and what the fk Evans was thinking. Was it as simple as Lambert making his ridiculous demand and Evans caving in, worried that Lambert would quit if he didn’t get what he wanted?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:06 - Nov 18 with 1160 viewsMullet

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:06 - Nov 18 by Illinoisblue

I’d still love to know how that happened and what the fk Evans was thinking. Was it as simple as Lambert making his ridiculous demand and Evans caving in, worried that Lambert would quit if he didn’t get what he wanted?

Pretty much.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:20 - Nov 18 with 1120 viewsitfcjoe

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:06 - Nov 18 by Illinoisblue

I think it was basically agreed when we were flying, and then just had to sort out some minor bits to finalise it

Then we went on the ooorer run, and Lambert basically said either I sign it now or I walk and Evans rushed it through.

There was such a rush to get it done ahead of the Wycombe game that someone had to rush up from Ipswich with the physical contract to get Lambert to sign it in the team hotel that morning.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:24 - Nov 18 with 1104 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:20 - Nov 18 by itfcjoe

I think it was basically agreed when we were flying, and then just had to sort out some minor bits to finalise it

Then we went on the ooorer run, and Lambert basically said either I sign it now or I walk and Evans rushed it through.

There was such a rush to get it done ahead of the Wycombe game that someone had to rush up from Ipswich with the physical contract to get Lambert to sign it in the team hotel that morning.

Yep. There was serious interest in Lambert from elsewhere around the same time (perhaps a month or so earlier), including Sunderland. Think there was also a delay with it as he was trying to get Taylor and Gill on better terms.

A very bizarre couple of months for ITFC. We were top at the time of the Rotherham away game later in January but there was a strong feeling within the club that we were not going to be promoted. Odd. Another case of the club not doing what it should have done in January to give us the best possible chance, the reality being we hadn't played well really all season.
Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:34 - Nov 18 with 1066 viewsIllinoisblue

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:20 - Nov 18 by itfcjoe

Absolute madness. I’m sure Evans was well intentioned AND badly advised. How about a two year extension, Paul, and if you get us up then we’ll do more.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:39 - Nov 18 with 1025 viewsKeno

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 18:57 - Nov 18 by hoppy

I'm sure Mark Ashton will have had that clause inserted, just to protect any poaching - only £25m tho?

poaching

was there any need to get J2 involved??

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:42 - Nov 18 with 1022 viewstextbackup

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:24 - Nov 18 by PrideOfTheEast

Yep. There was serious interest in Lambert from elsewhere around the same time (perhaps a month or so earlier), including Sunderland. Think there was also a delay with it as he was trying to get Taylor and Gill on better terms.

A very bizarre couple of months for ITFC. We were top at the time of the Rotherham away game later in January but there was a strong feeling within the club that we were not going to be promoted. Odd. Another case of the club not doing what it should have done in January to give us the best possible chance, the reality being we hadn't played well really all season.

this entire post (and because its you i know it true) has fried my brain

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 20:07 - Nov 18 with 935 viewsKeno

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 19:42 - Nov 18 by textbackup

this entire post (and because its you i know it true) has fried my brain

I wasn't sure if the Sunderland interest was genuine or just him/his agent stirring things to get a deal sorted?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 21:01 - Nov 18 with 792 viewsFixed_It

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 20:07 - Nov 18 by Keno

I wasn't sure if the Sunderland interest was genuine or just him/his agent stirring things to get a deal sorted?

Sunderland were 100% a basket case Club.....so probably genuine!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Good to see Janoi has extended his contract until 2023 on 00:09 - Nov 19 with 598 viewsChurchman

Evans and thinking - a bizarre concept. But you may well be right.

I cannot think of anything more weird that PL being offered a long contract. He’d done nothing to merit anything more than the end of the season, assuming that’s when his existing deal ran out. Yes, we’d scraped a few wins at the start of the season following relegation with a whimper, but five years? It seemed like an ‘really????’ moment at the time and nothing changed.

I too would love to know the real story. I’d also be interesting in understanding Evans’ thinking around running this club, if you can call it that, for the last 14 years.

Edit: thread mission creep - back to the OP I’m really pleased JD has got a contract extension. That’s a tribute to his hard work and really digging in to prove himself. Well done him. People with grit like that are just what we need, in my view.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 0:13]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024