Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sunderland away pub 21:12 - Nov 18 with 1616 viewsBradders

Any advice for away pubs on Saturday?
Sunderland away pub on 21:18 - Nov 18 with 1599 viewsFreddies_Ears

A few listed on itfc.co.uk under supporters / away guides. It isn't always away-friendly there, but there are enough options that you can move on if unwelcome. Large groups of singers less likely to be welcome than small groups of old gits.
Sunderland away pub on 21:54 - Nov 18 with 1070 viewsChocorange

The Wheatsheaf 2 mins walk from ground

Do a search for Wee Philli on Twitter ,
very funny pre match entertainment comedy footy songs etc
Away fan friendly , linked to many of the Town vloggers

Already has an ad on Twitter for away fans to make their way there
Sunderland away pub on 10:16 - Nov 19 with 1067 viewspablo_canooga

I went when we won 2-0 - that disaster of a season they had under Grayson/Coleman so the general vibe was an acceptance they were poop - could be different now mind. We drank in the Colliery Tavern, Southwick Road, right outside the stadium. Folk were decent. If they have it on tap, try the Double Maxim, proper Sunlun beer!
Sunderland away pub on 10:25 - Nov 19 with 1050 viewsnoggin

Anywhere in Newcastle apparently.

It must be very annoying for Sunderland's hospitality sector that away fans always head for Newcastle.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Sunderland away pub on 14:26 - Nov 19 with 896 viewsbrazil1982

We might pop into the Halfway House on Southwick street, near to where we ill be parking..
Sunderland away pub on 03:08 - Nov 20 with 707 viewsMackemLad

You’ll be made welcome in all the pubs to be honest. Drink in Newcastle if you wish, but honestly you’ll miss out on most of the friendly banter in the pubs around the stadium if you do so. If you like real ale, I’d recommend The Ship Isis, roaring fires and loads of great ales on tap. Colliery tavern and wheatsheaf close to the ground will be good but busy. The Engine Room just over the bridge is a very good and close option.

Best of luck after tomorrow lads. I’ve got a lot of time for Ipswich and hope you go up this season, but not at our expense hopefully!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024