Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory 10:37 - Nov 19 with 10958 viewsgiant_stow

in feb next year. Not sure how I feel about that personally... extreme persuasion would probably have been better.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:39 - Nov 19 with 2550 viewsclive_baker

Isn't locking down anyone unvaccinated extreme enough persuasion?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:46 - Nov 19 with 2519 viewsgiant_stow

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:39 - Nov 19 by clive_baker

They're already ditching that next week and going full lockdown apparently. The forced jabs is to come down the line. I spose the French tried to force people to get jabs indirectly with their rules on accessing leisure facilities and maybe that's doing them some jusitce right now looking at the numbers. Suddenly, that move looks less harsh.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:46 - Nov 19 with 2504 viewsGlasgowBlue

Also going into full lockdown as of Monday.

My Mrs was taking her mum to Vienna in 10 days, so that's off then. I was looking forward to a few days peace and quiet.

I'll see if she can change the flights to London.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:46 - Nov 19 with 2527 viewsDigger77

I'm sure the people of Austria will be absolutely fine with that.

It's not like there has already been mass protests or anything.
Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:48 - Nov 19 with 2487 viewsgiant_stow

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:46 - Nov 19 by GlasgowBlue

My Mrs was taking her mum to Vienna in 10 days, so that's off then. I was looking forward to a few days peace and quiet.

thats bad luck - good to her in finding another trip.

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:49 - Nov 19 with 2471 viewsgiant_stow

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:46 - Nov 19 by Digger77

Yeah it could all kick off big time. I'm not sure any govt should demand people get jabbed - really tricky moral stuff though.

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:50 - Nov 19 with 2466 viewsclive_baker

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:46 - Nov 19 by giant_stow

They're already ditching that next week and going full lockdown apparently. The forced jabs is to come down the line. I spose the French tried to force people to get jabs indirectly with their rules on accessing leisure facilities and maybe that's doing them some jusitce right now looking at the numbers. Suddenly, that move looks less harsh.

Italy is similar, with their green card. If you don't have a vaccine you basically have no life there, no bars, restaurants, sporting events etc.

Why is the take up in Austria so low, relatively speaking?

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:52 - Nov 19 with 2450 viewsDigger77

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:49 - Nov 19 by giant_stow

Yeah it could all kick off big time. I'm not sure any govt should demand people get jabbed - really tricky moral stuff though.

There isn't anything tricky about it, IMHO.

No government should impose injecting anything into anyone, ever.
Login to get fewer ads

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:52 - Nov 19 with 2441 viewsStokieBlue

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:46 - Nov 19 by Digger77

Get jabbed then and it's far less likely to happen.

Vaccination rates in Austria are only 66%, they had 15,000 cases yesterday in a country of 9m people so that scales to 110,000 cases yesterday in the UK if we were at the same rate.

ICU's are pretty much full in Austria because of a combination of the two above.

You don't want lockdowns which is understandable but then you don't want mask wearing, social distancing, vaccinations for children, vaccinations in general (you continually push natural immunity).

Your position is internally inconsistent - you cannot have it both ways unless your position is to let people die.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:53 - Nov 19 with 2424 viewsclive_baker

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:46 - Nov 19 by GlasgowBlue

IMPF-STELLE

This means nothing to me

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:54 - Nov 19 with 2412 viewsStokieBlue

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:52 - Nov 19 by Digger77

There isn't anything tricky about it, IMHO.

No government should impose injecting anything into anyone, ever.

That is a position you are certainly allowed to take.

I do wonder why have you not been vocal on the pre-pandemic positions of France where vaccinations for children are compulsory? Why haven't you spoken up on the US position that unvaccinated children can't attend school? Why haven't you spoken up on the Australian position that people coming from certain regions cannot enter the country without vaccinations?

SB
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 10:56]

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:55 - Nov 19 with 2395 viewsStokieBlue

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:39 - Nov 19 by clive_baker

Slovakia and Greece are also starting an unvaccinated lockdown.

SB

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:56 - Nov 19 with 2380 viewsDigger77

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:54 - Nov 19 by StokieBlue

That is a position you are certainly allowed to take.

I do wonder why have you not been vocal on the pre-pandemic positions of France where vaccinations for children are compulsory? Why haven't you spoken up on the US position that unvaccinated children can't attend school? Why haven't you spoken up on the Australian position that people coming from certain regions cannot enter the country without vaccinations?

SB
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 10:56]

Because I have a life to crack on with. Which I am.

Are your kids jabbed?
Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 11:10 - Nov 19 with 2320 viewsBiGDonnie

Sad times! Love a few days off!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 11:15 - Nov 19 with 2304 viewsLightworker

This is a step too far for me and is not going to end well. There is no argument for a government in a supposedly free country forcing grown adults to take a vaccine.

This would be the case even if the vaccine blocked transmission 100% but the fact that it is a long way from doing this makes it even more ridiculous.

I chose to be vaccinated because of being in a relatively high risk group but I absolutely defend the right of other people to make a different choice.

This sets a very dangerous precedent in my view and we should all be defending our basic human right to decide what does or does not go into our bodies.
Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 11:22 - Nov 19 with 2252 viewsDigger77

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:53 - Nov 19 by clive_baker

IMPF-STELLE

This means nothing to me

Jabs set you free?
Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 11:28 - Nov 19 with 2212 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Nuremberg Code.

Most people want to be left alone to live their lives with as little interference from the state as possible. When you do what these Governments are doing, good people will rise with a vengeance.

What we are seeing from Governments is fascism. It will end with uprisings across the world.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 11:31 - Nov 19 with 2181 viewsWeWereZombies

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:53 - Nov 19 by clive_baker

IMPF-STELLE

This means nothing to me

You can't hear that queue singing 'We walked in the cold air'?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 11:31 - Nov 19 with 2184 viewshype313

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:50 - Nov 19 by clive_baker

Italy is similar, with their green card. If you don't have a vaccine you basically have no life there, no bars, restaurants, sporting events etc.

Vaccine skepticism is driven by different factors, note experts. In eastern Europe, the legacy of communism has eroded trust in the state.

And in German-speaking countries, trust in the healing power of nature — a “Birkenstock-ism'' — is common and is thought to have slowed vaccine take-up in some areas.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 11:32 - Nov 19 with 2184 viewsStokieBlue

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 11:28 - Nov 19 by The_Last_Baron

Nuremberg Code.

Most people want to be left alone to live their lives with as little interference from the state as possible. When you do what these Governments are doing, good people will rise with a vengeance.

What we are seeing from Governments is fascism. It will end with uprisings across the world.

You've posted this about a year ago, the Nuremberg Code is social media stuff that isn't applicable in any health organisation or country as far as I know.

At least make arguments with things that are relevant.

For someone who has praised Hungary in the past, to declare this fascism seems a bit peculiar.

SB

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 11:37 - Nov 19 with 2132 viewsRyorry

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 11:15 - Nov 19 by Lightworker

This is a step too far for me and is not going to end well. There is no argument for a government in a supposedly free country forcing grown adults to take a vaccine.

This would be the case even if the vaccine blocked transmission 100% but the fact that it is a long way from doing this makes it even more ridiculous.

I chose to be vaccinated because of being in a relatively high risk group but I absolutely defend the right of other people to make a different choice.

This sets a very dangerous precedent in my view and we should all be defending our basic human right to decide what does or does not go into our bodies.

Quite. Do you, or does anyone, know if this is a one-off, or is it a law being put on their statute book that could apply in future when a different government might be running things? That would be even more alarming.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 11:37 - Nov 19 with 2141 viewsWeWereZombies

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 11:28 - Nov 19 by The_Last_Baron

Nuremberg Code.

There are uprisings across the World all the time, people get hurt, people die, some of them are innocent, and some see opportunities and make a bit of money for themselves.

Hold to sensible behaviour to tackle a complex health issue with a combination of practical, if often inconvenient, measures and you should be one of those to come out of the other side of this.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 11:48 - Nov 19 with 2099 viewsfooters

Great.

If people don't like it, they're free to move elsewhere. Simples.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 11:54 - Nov 19 with 2080 viewsnoggin

Nuremberg Code.

Out of interest, what are your views on surgeons being forced to wear PPE while carrying out operations? Or motor vehicles having to pass an MOT test? Or wearing of seatbelts being compulsory?
[Post edited 19 Nov 2021 12:18]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 11:55 - Nov 19 with 2067 viewsPinewoodblue

Austria is going to make having both jabs compulsory on 10:50 - Nov 19 by clive_baker

Was reading an article in NYT recently seems that take up is lower in German speaking areas of Europe not just Austria. Article didn’t offer an explanation for this.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024