Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fraser 07:06 - Nov 20 with 1386 viewsquad

I don't usually pay much attention to statistics. However, looking at the stats someone posted on another thread for the players, the one thing that stands out is Fraser's chances created. 21 chances created from 13 games is quite impressive and far exceeds the other players. If he could add more goals to his game then we would have some player.

I may be biased because I really like his style, but I can't help feeling that we need to find a place for him in the side. And I don't think he's a very good impact sub as he's not that kind of player. But I don't think he's a replacement for Evans either as that seems to be working well with Morsy, I would be happy to be proved wrong though.

Do we think now that realistically Fraser's only real chance of playing regularly is to try to displace Evans from the team in the deeper role? Or is he any kind of threat to either Celina or Chaplin for a starting place? Opinions?
Fraser on 07:37 - Nov 20 with 1280 viewsBlueBoots

Think Fraser can play either role (deeper or behind the front man) well, but I think it's down to the type of opposition. For the wide roles, if teams come out and give us a game and defend with a high line, we should exploit that with the pace of Edwards and Burns to run in behind, but if teams are going to park the bus, I think Celina and Aluko are more suited to those games.

Personally, wouldn't play Celina as a 10, so it'd be a choice between Chaplin who's more likely to get you a goal, or Fraser who's more likely to create a chance...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Fraser on 07:56 - Nov 20 with 1244 viewsquad

Fraser on 07:37 - Nov 20 by BlueBoots

Think Fraser can play either role (deeper or behind the front man) well, but I think it's down to the type of opposition. For the wide roles, if teams come out and give us a game and defend with a high line, we should exploit that with the pace of Edwards and Burns to run in behind, but if teams are going to park the bus, I think Celina and Aluko are more suited to those games.

Personally, wouldn't play Celina as a 10, so it'd be a choice between Chaplin who's more likely to get you a goal, or Fraser who's more likely to create a chance...

I think I agree with all that. I suppose what I'm trying to ask is if Chaplin is considered a nailed-on starter right now?
Fraser on 08:35 - Nov 20 with 1150 viewsStokieBlue

Some context needed here (I posted this stats).

He created a lot of chances but only has 2 assists and 1 goal so whilst the numbers look good, the quality of the chances aren't taken into account. They must all be low xG chances.

Contrast that to Celina who has 3 assists and 3 goals from less chances created which implies the chances he does create are of a better quality and more likely to result in a goal.

Would be interesting to know how the BBC calculates the chances stats.

For me, he's behind Celina who I would always try and start.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Fraser on 09:15 - Nov 20 with 1033 viewsquad

Fraser on 08:35 - Nov 20 by StokieBlue

Some context needed here (I posted this stats).

He created a lot of chances but only has 2 assists and 1 goal so whilst the numbers look good, the quality of the chances aren't taken into account. They must all be low xG chances.

Contrast that to Celina who has 3 assists and 3 goals from less chances created which implies the chances he does create are of a better quality and more likely to result in a goal.

Would be interesting to know how the BBC calculates the chances stats.

For me, he's behind Celina who I would always try and start.

SB

Fair comment. That's why I don't really like stats as they can be misleading.

I would play Celina and Aluko. But I don't know who I'd go with for the other position.

Edwards has been frustrating with no end product. Aluko should start ahead of Burns on the right (Burns was poor against Oxford and Aluko better suited to Sunderland game as he's more of a physical presence which they don't like).

So for me it's between Chaplin and Fraser for the other position I think.
Fraser on 09:16 - Nov 20 with 1029 viewsStokieBlue

Fraser on 09:15 - Nov 20 by quad

I would play Celina and Aluko. But I don't know who I'd go with for the other position.

Edwards has been frustrating with no end product. Aluko should start ahead of Burns on the right (Burns was poor against Oxford and Aluko better suited to Sunderland game as he's more of a physical presence which they don't like).

It's a very hard decision.

We have 6 quality players for 3 positions.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Fraser on 09:27 - Nov 20 with 988 viewsDubtractor

I'm still struggling to love Fraser. I've not seen every game by a long way, and also not seen him in the deeper position, but I've seen his lack of pace and physicality be a bit of an issue in the games I have seen. He clearly is a great technician with the ball, but I'd be hard pushed to pick him above Edwards, Chaplin or Celina in either the AM or LW positions based on what I've seen.

We all know that Edwards can be frustrating, but against Oxford his defensive work was good, and he was still involved in a lot of our (ultimately frustrating) attacking play.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Fraser on 09:42 - Nov 20 with 954 viewsgordon

Fraser on 09:27 - Nov 20 by Dubtractor

I'm still struggling to love Fraser. I've not seen every game by a long way, and also not seen him in the deeper position, but I've seen his lack of pace and physicality be a bit of an issue in the games I have seen. He clearly is a great technician with the ball, but I'd be hard pushed to pick him above Edwards, Chaplin or Celina in either the AM or LW positions based on what I've seen.

We all know that Edwards can be frustrating, but against Oxford his defensive work was good, and he was still involved in a lot of our (ultimately frustrating) attacking play.

Agreed, for me I think we need lots of energy and pace and tracking back in those attacking positions to be able to defend as well as attack, and I think if Celina is picked, then there isn't room for another player who doesn't contribute that much defensively. For me it's two of Aluko, Edwards and Burns in the wide positions, and then Celina or Chaplin at 10.
Fraser on 10:59 - Nov 20 with 810 viewsKeaneish

I think most of those came in the Col U game! I agree, I was unsure about him at first but seeing him in his preferred role I’d really like to see how him and Morsy do as a pair. I think their different abilities will be really complimentary in there and I’m sure it’ll be an outstanding pairing after a few games in. I can’t see Evans losing his place any time soon though.

If it were me I’d play all three and move Celina to the left. I think Fraser’s deep runs as an 8 would be equally as good as having a 10 in there and if it’s not working, bring Chaplin on as a 10.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 11:12]

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Fraser on 11:20 - Nov 20 with 763 viewsfranz_tyson

Much as I like the x-factor of both Celina and Edwards, I think Chaplin and Fraser would offer more consistency over the course of the season.
Wouldn’t be ideal round peg, round hole as neither are natural wide men, but they tend to work well together down the left with neat interplay and Fraser has great vision and weight of passing. Don’t think he needs to do step-overs or beats defenders to create chances. Fraser is an option as an 8, but not physical enough for me and expect Evans to be the 8 for the foreseeable future and maybe El Miz next in line.
Whoever plays on the left, I think Chaplin should be the 10. I do wonder if Celina has been given too many credit points so far to take that position as his own. But if he gets shunted to the left….. can he track back and do the defensive grunt work? Maybe a reason he gets the 10 position as Cook doesn’t trust him to do the hard yards.
Fraser on 11:30 - Nov 20 with 747 viewsKeaneish

Fraser on 11:20 - Nov 20 by franz_tyson

Much as I like the x-factor of both Celina and Edwards, I think Chaplin and Fraser would offer more consistency over the course of the season.
Wouldn’t be ideal round peg, round hole as neither are natural wide men, but they tend to work well together down the left with neat interplay and Fraser has great vision and weight of passing. Don’t think he needs to do step-overs or beats defenders to create chances. Fraser is an option as an 8, but not physical enough for me and expect Evans to be the 8 for the foreseeable future and maybe El Miz next in line.
Whoever plays on the left, I think Chaplin should be the 10. I do wonder if Celina has been given too many credit points so far to take that position as his own. But if he gets shunted to the left….. can he track back and do the defensive grunt work? Maybe a reason he gets the 10 position as Cook doesn’t trust him to do the hard yards.

Do we need to play with a 10 when Fraser breaks so we’ll from deep as an 8 would be my question? I think Fraser would score a fair return in this side, Lee Bowyer-esq for Leeds. With Evans and Morsy there we have physical presence enough.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Fraser on 12:03 - Nov 20 with 690 viewsDyland

Top number 10. Not effective enough as a wider player to be a nailed on starter in this group of players though. If we played total football you could possibly accommodate Fraser and Celina and Chaplin in the same team, but we don't play total football, and defensively it would be a shambles against anyone but a really delusional lower division team that thought they were Barca (i.e. Ipswich under Lambert).

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Fraser on 12:09 - Nov 20 with 663 viewschicoazul

Fraser on 09:27 - Nov 20 by Dubtractor

Feel like Fraser is a player you bring in against a low block team. I’d like to see him given a crack instead of Evans.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Fraser on 12:23 - Nov 20 with 627 viewsDyland

Fraser on 09:15 - Nov 20 by quad

Burns is plenty physical but I see what you mean. Aluko more so. I think yer have to start Burns though. Not sure why he still doesn't really last games, maybe it's normal for someone who burns pace excuse the pun. And maybe they are working on his fitness levels.

Fraser on 12:24 - Nov 20 with 626 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Im a Scott Fraser fan, I think he should start, I'm just not sure where.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Fraser on 12:25 - Nov 20 with 622 viewsDyland

Fraser on 12:24 - Nov 20 by TRUE_BLUE123

Im a Scott Fraser fan, I think he should start, I'm just not sure where.

Hi Paul Lambert :)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024