Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA 09:28 - Nov 20 with 3136 viewsunstableblue

Yes I understand by the letter of their twisted state law that he has been acquitted, but come on

He watched black lives matters protests, which were peaceful at the time, and climbed in his car with an assault rifle to drive for a significant amount of time with an assault rifle - AR-15

From the interview with him on the street he is clearly not in a fit state to be in the situation and in charge of such a dangerous weapon

Self defence or protestors scared or angered for their safety and trying to disarm someone - maybe

A scenario where a modern civilised society is allowing unhinged, unsupervised, vigilantes to murder 2 people in a pre-meditated situation- mental and scary
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 12:18]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 09:32 - Nov 20 with 2055 viewsStokieBlue

Your post essentially mirrors what the the parents of one of the deceased said. Various laws in the US are clearly not fit for purpose but when you have one of the biggest lobbyists in the country putting out this statement after the verdict you know nothing is going to change:

National Rifle Association: “A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.”

That's their take from the whole situation.

SB
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 9:32]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 09:36 - Nov 20 with 2002 viewsHerbivore

It's so messed up in so many ways.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 10:02 - Nov 20 with 1942 viewsRadlett_blue

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 09:36 - Nov 20 by Herbivore

The biggest issue is how easy it was for a 17 year old to obtain an assault weapon. This has been festering since time immemorial & I am completely weary of taking part in the US gun laws debate as there is little likelihood of any change.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 11:06 - Nov 20 with 1834 viewsIllinoisblue

There is an ugly side to America. Very ugly at times. It’s a beautifully amazing country too, but boy there are problems.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 11:36 - Nov 20 with 1760 viewsKeno

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 11:06 - Nov 20 by Illinoisblue

There is an ugly side to America. Very ugly at times. It’s a beautifully amazing country too, but boy there are problems.

USA sounds like that stunningly gorgeous blonde girl you want to date but on time first you find out is a complete psycho, is actually a bloke, has just turned vegan and supports Norwich

we've all been there

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 11:44 - Nov 20 with 1734 viewsunstableblue

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 09:36 - Nov 20 by Herbivore

To normalise a member of the public picking up an assault rifle, driving a significant distance, to as he stated himself become an armed vigilante, is as you say Herbie, messed up to another level

Add to that the normalising of an armed insurrection of their parliament in which members of the public and police died, then ups the messiness to a completely new level!!

And here: Protect the BBC, stall the populism, put the brakes on the surge to the right, reign in social media and the right wing press.

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 11:47 - Nov 20 with 1708 viewsLeoMuff

Nothing would surprise me over there , even civil war.

Bonkers scenario.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

I agree, but would Admin move this out of Football threads please on 11:53 - Nov 20 with 1694 viewsDyland

nft

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

I agree, but would Admin move this out of Football threads please on 12:04 - Nov 20 with 1641 viewsKeno

I agree, but would Admin move this out of Football threads please on 11:53 - Nov 20 by Dyland

nft

I have a question Dylers

If a thread is about American Football does that go as a "football' thread or "general" thread.

I'm asking for a friend obviously

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

GENERAL on 12:17 - Nov 20 with 1618 viewsDyland

I agree, but would Admin move this out of Football threads please on 12:04 - Nov 20 by Keno

I have a question Dylers

If a thread is about American Football does that go as a "football' thread or "general" thread.

ffs :)

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Amended (n/t) on 12:29 - Nov 20 with 1563 viewsunstableblue

I agree, but would Admin move this out of Football threads please on 11:53 - Nov 20 by Dyland

nft

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 13:26 - Nov 20 with 1502 viewsElderGrizzly

Fecked up. Yes

He’s also a special guest on Tucker Carlson on Monday night and is going to be subject of a Tucker Carlson documentary later in the week.

He’s a hero to the right even more so than before now
Jesus Feckin H Christ… I thought it couldn’t get any worse on 13:29 - Nov 20 with 1489 viewsunstableblue

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 13:26 - Nov 20 by ElderGrizzly

Fecked up. Yes

He’s also a special guest on Tucker Carlson on Monday night and is going to be subject of a Tucker Carlson documentary later in the week.

He’s a hero to the right even more so than before now

To lionise him this way… especially Fox… is unbelievable

Jesus Feckin H Christ… I thought it couldn’t get any worse on 13:32 - Nov 20 with 1482 viewsElderGrizzly

Jesus Feckin H Christ… I thought it couldn’t get any worse on 13:29 - Nov 20 by unstableblue

To lionise him this way… especially Fox… is unbelievable

If I was Rittenhouse, i’d be keeping my head low. Not doing a victory tour of right wing TV and Radio.

He has a huge target on him now and you’d expect someone will take the ‘law’ into their own hands with him before the year is out
Jesus Feckin H Christ… I thought it couldn’t get any worse on 13:43 - Nov 20 with 1436 viewsunstableblue

Jesus Feckin H Christ… I thought it couldn’t get any worse on 13:32 - Nov 20 by ElderGrizzly

If I was Rittenhouse, i’d be keeping my head low. Not doing a victory tour of right wing TV and Radio.

He has a huge target on him now and you’d expect someone will take the ‘law’ into their own hands with him before the year is out

From the interviews I’ve seen he’s not the sharpest tool in the box

This will end in civil war or at least mass civil disobedience

Trump should be punished for the Capitol Invasion which he clearly invited, but I genuinely think that would cause riots and killings

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 13:43 - Nov 20 with 1431 viewsCaptainAhab

I suppose you could just about argue (as the defence has done) that the actual shooting was self-defence, but how someone can have a semi-automatic rifle, kill 2 people and there is no culpability whatsoever utterly staggers me.
Fine, if the courts must find him not guilty by the letter of the law so be it. But at that point they should then also say that semi-automatic rifles have no place in society.

The celebration of him is beyond satire and utterly sickening.
Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 14:29 - Nov 20 with 1339 viewsRadlett_blue

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 13:43 - Nov 20 by CaptainAhab

I suppose you could just about argue (as the defence has done) that the actual shooting was self-defence, but how someone can have a semi-automatic rifle, kill 2 people and there is no culpability whatsoever utterly staggers me.
Fine, if the courts must find him not guilty by the letter of the law so be it. But at that point they should then also say that semi-automatic rifles have no place in society.

I believe the people Rittenhouse killed were unarmed so the self-defence argument is non-existent. THe defence lawyer used the argument that he was protecting others' property (why?) and that he feared for his life. A really bad moment for US justice.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

I agree, but would Admin move this out of Football threads please on 14:32 - Nov 20 with 1309 viewsfactual_blue

I agree, but would Admin move this out of Football threads please on 12:04 - Nov 20 by Keno

I have a question Dylers

That should go to the trash can.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 14:36 - Nov 20 with 1297 viewsnoggin

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 11:36 - Nov 20 by Keno

USA sounds like that stunningly gorgeous blonde girl you want to date but on time first you find out is a complete psycho, is actually a bloke, has just turned vegan and supports Norwich

we've all been there

Speak for yourself. I've never been with a Norwich fan.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 14:39 - Nov 20 with 1286 viewsnoggin

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 13:43 - Nov 20 by CaptainAhab

He was out hunting possums and stumbled across a protest march.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 14:46 - Nov 20 with 1267 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 11:36 - Nov 20 by Keno

we've all been there

No, we haven't. I have never dated a Norwich fan. Always have to do your homework on that much at least.

Can't argue with the rest of it, though!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 15:03 - Nov 20 with 1238 viewsXYZ

Interesting point made in this analysis ...

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 15:05 - Nov 20 with 1227 viewsCaptainAhab

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 14:29 - Nov 20 by Radlett_blue

I believe the people Rittenhouse killed were unarmed so the self-defence argument is non-existent. THe defence lawyer used the argument that he was protecting others' property (why?) and that he feared for his life. A really bad moment for US justice.

I'm pretty sure the argument would be because they were trying to grab his gun he was defending himself from assault with a deadly weapon. Messed up, but that's the state gun laws for you...
Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 15:41 - Nov 20 with 1146 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 15:03 - Nov 20 by XYZ

Interesting point made in this analysis ...

This is essentially the crux of American justice.

Shoot first, ask questions afterwards.

Hopefully one day they can develop into a modern civilised society.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 20:05 - Nov 20 with 1017 viewsfactual_blue

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 15:41 - Nov 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

This is essentially the crux of American justice.

Shoot first, ask questions afterwards.

Hopefully one day they can develop into a modern civilised society.

Imagine this.

A taxi explodes outside a hospital in Virginia. The black driver is seen running from it.

What are his chances of making it fifty yards before being shot 'in self defence'?

Assuming he isn't shot, but is there when the police arrive. When they find a very dead white man in the burnt-out taxi, what are the taxi driver's chances of avoiding a murder charge, despite his protestations that the white man was a terrorist?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024