Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? 17:25 - Nov 20 with 1275 viewsthebooks

Classic Ipswich.
Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:27 - Nov 20 with 1257 viewsCheltenham_Blue

No one said they were.

The owners said, "we'd like to get out of this league this season, but it could take 2 or 3 seasons"

Or certainly words to that effect.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:27 - Nov 20 with 1247 viewsthebooks

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:27 - Nov 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

No one said they were.

The owners said, "we'd like to get out of this league this season, but it could take 2 or 3 seasons"

So 6 seasons is Ok?

Classic Ipswich.
Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:30 - Nov 20 with 1219 viewshomer_123

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:27 - Nov 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

No one said they were.

Certainly looking a little less likely this season...we just can't gey any sort of run going.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:32 - Nov 20 with 1203 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:27 - Nov 20 by thebooks

So 6 seasons is Ok?

Classic Ipswich.

Classic Sunderland, classic Portsmouth, classic Bolton, classic ...

We are funding a team to get out of this league. What are you suggesting that we should be doing differently?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:37 - Nov 20 with 1166 viewsElderGrizzly

No one said they were.

Anything but promotion this season, with this squad and budget, is failure for Cook.

I think the ownership are being very generous and likely not entirely truthful
Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:39 - Nov 20 with 1148 viewsthebooks

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:32 - Nov 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

Classic Sunderland, classic Portsmouth, classic Bolton, classic ...

We are funding a team to get out of this league. What are you suggesting that we should be doing differently?

I would suggest such an expensively assembled team wins more games.
Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:43 - Nov 20 with 1118 viewsjas0999

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:37 - Nov 20 by ElderGrizzly

Anything but promotion this season, with this squad and budget, is failure for Cook.

Completely agree with you. I very much doubt the ownership will tolerate failure this season. Nor should they. So far our record of P18 W6 D6 L 6 - isn’t good enough. Cook and the players need to do better.
Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:45 - Nov 20 with 1105 viewsXYZ

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:37 - Nov 20 by ElderGrizzly

They're doing what good owners do and publicly backing their manager.

Of course there will be a breaking point but they're not going to tell Cook what it is, let alone the fans.
Login to get fewer ads

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:47 - Nov 20 with 1089 viewsElderGrizzly

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:45 - Nov 20 by XYZ

Of course there will be a breaking point but they're not going to tell Cook what it is, let alone the fans.

Indeed.

The way some fans ‘believe’ the public statements is sweet, but as you say naive.

This squad is budgeted for promotion. Some of these players won’t stick around for a second season in L1 either
Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:48 - Nov 20 with 1077 viewsgtsb1966

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:45 - Nov 20 by XYZ

It'll be when the clicking of the turnstiles starts to slow down .
Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:50 - Nov 20 with 1052 viewsXYZ

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:47 - Nov 20 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed.

The way some fans ‘believe’ the public statements is sweet, but as you say naive.

This squad is budgeted for promotion. Some of these players won’t stick around for a second season in L1 either

Quite. You've got to question how well someone making such a statement knows football*.

* I'm not qualified to comment on tactics/ substitutions/ formations etc and don't.

* I am very well qualified to comment on how the boards of professional football clubs work.
Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:53 - Nov 20 with 1042 viewsBlueBadger

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:39 - Nov 20 by thebooks

I would suggest such an expensively assembled team wins more games.

And a manager with a track record of promotions gets promoted.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:55 - Nov 20 with 1032 viewspointofblue

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:47 - Nov 20 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed.

The way they’re playing as a collective I wonder which players would be attractive to clubs at a higher level? Edmundson and Morsy, maybe, plus Bonne if he can start scoring again.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 18:01 - Nov 20 with 1003 viewsXYZ

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:55 - Nov 20 by pointofblue

The way they’re playing as a collective I wonder which players would be attractive to clubs at a higher level? Edmundson and Morsy, maybe, plus Bonne if he can start scoring again.

... and this is what will worry the owners the most.

The 3 lions won't want to explain to the firemen why their investment has fallen in value.
Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 18:05 - Nov 20 with 972 viewsChurchman

Spot on. I would add that Americans are not exactly known for their benign patience, especially when it comes to sport.
Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 18:09 - Nov 20 with 955 viewsrgp1

Indeed.

The cook disciples will not like you for saying that. But you are right. The most expensive team assembled in L1 is doing worse that Lamberts so called pile of sh1te from last season!
Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 18:14 - Nov 20 with 935 viewsSwansea_Blue

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 17:27 - Nov 20 by thebooks

So 6 seasons is Ok?

Classic Ipswich.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 18:21 - Nov 20 with 899 viewssidmouthblue

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 18:14 - Nov 20 by Swansea_Blue

My money is on just outside the playoffs

No chance this team and manager are getting promoted way to inconsistent

Cook out Warnock in
Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 18:42 - Nov 20 with 832 viewsSwansea_Blue

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 18:21 - Nov 20 by sidmouthblue

Cook out Warnock in

I suspect you're right about where we'll end up. I'd rather nail my testicles to the floor than have Warnock here though!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 18:50 - Nov 20 with 803 viewsbobbyramsey

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 18:21 - Nov 20 by sidmouthblue

Cook out Warnock in

"Cook out Warnock in"

The lunatics are running the asylum...
Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 18:52 - Nov 20 with 791 viewsElderGrizzly

Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 18:05 - Nov 20 by Churchman

Spot on. I would add that Americans are not exactly known for their benign patience, especially when it comes to sport.

And I trust Ashton to make the right appointment.

Again, it should be reminded, Cook isn’t their pick.
Eh? When did the owners say they were happy with a 4th L1 season? on 19:01 - Nov 20 with 752 viewstimothyeo

What owners say to the public as opposed to their thoughts in private, that actually matter, are usually pretty different.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024