Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have played Sunderland five times in League One 18:15 - Nov 20 with 1371 viewsTractorFrog

And in those five matches, we have been the overall better team every time. Not always to the extent that we deserved a win, but we have always at least been worth a draw, and a win would have been fairer than a loss. Yet in that time we have amassed zero wins, one draw and four losses. How are they doing it? Are they a bogey team for us, do they have a special tactic for countering our play, or is it just blind luck? We were unlucky to lose today, but the season's not over.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

We have played Sunderland five times in League One on 16:17 - Dec 18 with 1122 viewsTractorFrog

Sorry to bring this up again, but I fear it is a bad omen. Sunderland, the luckiest team we ever play.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

We have played Sunderland five times in League One on 16:24 - Dec 18 with 1053 viewsNthsuffolkblue

They are a well-drilled team that play as a team and do not concede many goals. We are often the better team without scoring and having a soft under-belly. Allowing a team to play but not threaten is often a tactic for teams.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

We have played Sunderland five times in League One on 19:27 - Dec 18 with 773 viewsParisBlue

Six times, actually. 2 draws and 4 defeats.

But I get your point. We could easily have had 6 wins.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

We have played Sunderland five times in League One on 19:28 - Dec 18 with 766 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

We have played Sunderland five times in League One on 19:27 - Dec 18 by ParisBlue

Definitely 2 draws
We have played Sunderland five times in League One on 20:24 - Dec 18 with 700 viewsRadlett_blue

We have played Sunderland five times in League One on 19:27 - Dec 18 by ParisBlue

All part of Town having been a soft touch in this league under both Lambert & Cook. Rather odd when Cook recruited a completely new squad.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

We have played Sunderland five times in League One on 00:04 - Dec 19 with 583 viewspatrickswell

They got a leg up in both last season’s matches by us having a man sent off in both games. Harshly in the case of Dozzell, Jackson would have done sod all had he stayed on so who would have noticed.
We have played Sunderland five times in League One on 00:36 - Dec 19 with 551 viewsChurchman

Because we’ve been easy pickings for any organised team with a bit of heart. Our players know it, the opposition know it. McGoldrick alluded a year or two back to culture of mediocrity in the club. It’s been that way for far too long. If nothing else changes this season, I hope that does.
We have played Sunderland five times in League One on 10:02 - Dec 19 with 441 viewsRadlett_blue

We have played Sunderland five times in League One on 00:36 - Dec 19 by Churchman

Because we’ve been easy pickings for any organised team with a bit of heart. Our players know it, the opposition know it. McGoldrick alluded a year or two back to culture of mediocrity in the club. It’s been that way for far too long. If nothing else changes this season, I hope that does.

Bringing in Cook & a whole new squad was supposed to have changed this culture.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Login to get fewer ads

We have played Sunderland five times in League One on 10:14 - Dec 19 with 425 viewstimothyeo

Probably because most of the time we haven't been the better team we've just flattered to deceive.

Especially early on in Lambert / Cooks reigns, fans thought us just having the ball meant we were dominating. In reality the other team were letting us have the ball because they knew we wouldn't be dangerous in certain areas, then trigger press us.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024