Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday 15:00 - Nov 21 with 952 viewsunstableblue

Anyone else feel the same?

He’s been a little frustrating to watch since his explosive few early displays

Don’t get me wrong he always does something to excite

But generally his effectiveness and end product makes you question his place in the team

But he cut into Sunderland a lot yesterday and caused them issues, and watching the extended highlights he was far more effective and set up multiple chances.. with Celina not hitting a great one clean enough

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 15:13 - Nov 21 with 926 viewsIllinoisblue

His debut at Cheltenham seems a lifetime ago. I fear we’ll always be talking about his lack of end product.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 15:25 - Nov 21 with 902 viewsBLUEBEAT

I’d stick with him there and Chaplin in the middle.

Celina can’t hold the left… always wanting to drift into the centre.

Poll: W or W

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 15:27 - Nov 21 with 898 viewsSteve_M

He was alright yesterday I thought, not as good as Wycombe where he was really good, but better than anyone taking Brenner and Mathie at face value would have thought.

His ability to carry the ball at pace and beat a defender in either side pushes play back towards the opposition goal and he works hard off the ball. We lost something when him and Celina went off and with Aluko tiring in the last 20 minutes yesterday.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 21:04 - Nov 21 with 783 viewsunstableblue

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 15:25 - Nov 21 by BLUEBEAT

I’d stick with him there and Chaplin in the middle.

Celina can’t hold the left… always wanting to drift into the centre.

Can Celina play right? Probably not.

Aluko was doing some good stuff yesterday but needed more options
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 21:06]

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 21:10 - Nov 21 with 766 viewsKeaneish

From what I saw of the highlights, he seemed to be cutting more inside to create chances for himself which I assume is something they’re working on a bit more. Cook said they were trying to get him to work on his finishing so assume this is a result of that.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 21:17 - Nov 21 with 748 viewsunstableblue

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 15:27 - Nov 21 by Steve_M

He was alright yesterday I thought, not as good as Wycombe where he was really good, but better than anyone taking Brenner and Mathie at face value would have thought.

His ability to carry the ball at pace and beat a defender in either side pushes play back towards the opposition goal and he works hard off the ball. We lost something when him and Celina went off and with Aluko tiring in the last 20 minutes yesterday.

Watching the extended highlights and looking back on the full game itself I think it was probably better than alright… but still more he can do

What did you think of Clements at Sunderland?

I think people are being over critical - yes he got owned 2 or 3 times - but I thought he did OK, got wide and was quite solid

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 21:30 - Nov 21 with 716 viewsunstableblue

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 21:10 - Nov 21 by Keaneish

From what I saw of the highlights, he seemed to be cutting more inside to create chances for himself which I assume is something they’re working on a bit more. Cook said they were trying to get him to work on his finishing so assume this is a result of that.

Definitely trying to hit the D more, he seemed better at holding the ball under challenge

Shame that Sunderland were sitting so deep and loading their box, it negated Bonne

I think opposition teams will now be expecting Edwards to come inside so may be able to hit the byline

Celina and Aluko need to be in the box more to convert the low balls in

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 21:45 - Nov 21 with 702 viewsKeaneish

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 21:30 - Nov 21 by unstableblue

Definitely trying to hit the D more, he seemed better at holding the ball under challenge

Shame that Sunderland were sitting so deep and loading their box, it negated Bonne

I think opposition teams will now be expecting Edwards to come inside so may be able to hit the byline

Celina and Aluko need to be in the box more to convert the low balls in

For all the talk on here this weekend, we are creating very decent chances against sides who put men behind the ball. It’s become more difficult for sure but we’re still finding ways to break them down, which is encouraging. Last two games could have and should have been a different story. We’re not getting the cliched rub of the green at the moment and haven’t been all season in truth but that’s largely irrelevant as we have to start delivering.

Login to get fewer ads

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 21:54 - Nov 21 with 685 viewsunstableblue

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 21:45 - Nov 21 by Keaneish

For all the talk on here this weekend, we are creating very decent chances against sides who put men behind the ball. It’s become more difficult for sure but we’re still finding ways to break them down, which is encouraging. Last two games could have and should have been a different story. We’re not getting the cliched rub of the green at the moment and haven’t been all season in truth but that’s largely irrelevant as we have to start delivering.

Yeah we should have 5 points more from the last two games, since the excellent Wycombe display

But yeah rub of the green doesn’t get us very far

At least we’ve not thrown those 5 points in the self destruct manner of the early season

They are clearly working on new patterns on the training ground, and I’m hoping we land on the right attacking 3 on Tuesday

Rotherham I think will also sit deep and be cautious so we’ll have to come up with something

One valid criticism of cook and the players against Oxford and Sunderland was energy and more tempo in the passing… we need to crank it up

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 22:28 - Nov 21 with 634 viewsKeaneish

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 21:54 - Nov 21 by unstableblue

Yeah we should have 5 points more from the last two games, since the excellent Wycombe display

But yeah rub of the green doesn’t get us very far

At least we’ve not thrown those 5 points in the self destruct manner of the early season

They are clearly working on new patterns on the training ground, and I’m hoping we land on the right attacking 3 on Tuesday

Rotherham I think will also sit deep and be cautious so we’ll have to come up with something

One valid criticism of cook and the players against Oxford and Sunderland was energy and more tempo in the passing… we need to crank it up

Agreed. I’d like to see us play with a slightly higher tempo, we have the players with all the right attributes. We also have all the pieces of the puzzle, it’s just about getting it right on the night. As I’ve said in other threads, I’d actually use Edwards and Fraser from the bench on Tuesday. It’s going to be a tight game and their running when Rotherham begin to tire will be key for me.

I’d start with Celina on the left and Chaplin as the 10 and bring Celina off for Edwards late on and Fraser for Chaplin but get Fraser breaking from deeper as another 8 if we’re not having any joy.

If we’re still struggling I’d then tweak it and bring KVY on and just cheat the last ten minutes. Keep our wide players pinned high and bomb the full backs on into the inside channels. Have to win. I really think it’s a pivotal game Tuesday night.

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 07:35 - Nov 22 with 489 viewsSteve_M

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 21:17 - Nov 21 by unstableblue

Watching the extended highlights and looking back on the full game itself I think it was probably better than alright… but still more he can do

What did you think of Clements at Sunderland?

I think people are being over critical - yes he got owned 2 or 3 times - but I thought he did OK, got wide and was quite solid

Clements looked like a kid playing his third match in a week at times, he was caught out positionally so many times although still looked tidy on the ball going forward.

He's shown enough to be an option for the rest of the season but we shouldn't be having him play twice a week at the moment. I think he might get bullied tomorrow too.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 09:13 - Nov 22 with 428 viewstractorboy1978

I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 07:35 - Nov 22 by Steve_M

Clements looked like a kid playing his third match in a week at times, he was caught out positionally so many times although still looked tidy on the ball going forward.

He's shown enough to be an option for the rest of the season but we shouldn't be having him play twice a week at the moment. I think he might get bullied tomorrow too.

I didn't think he offered anything going forwards at all - the players looked visibly uncomfortable giving him the ball during the second half. I lost count of the times Morsy checked back inside rather than playing out to Clements in space.

He did ok and he did ok against Oxford, nothing more and nothing less. He is not a long term option at LB. It's strange that we have so many full backs but still none that Cook seems really happy with. Donacien is lauded by our fanbase at the moment and he's a fantastic one v one defender but his attacking deficiencies stood out like a sore thumb on Saturday.
I actually thought there was some improvement in Edwards play yesterday on 09:42 - Nov 22 with 394 viewsjayessess

He was our most effective attacking player I thought.

Whilst he was on the pitch we created 5 decent openings. One is him creating a shooting opportunity on his own, two are his key passes, one is him winning the ball back, allowing the ball to be recycled out for the assist.

After he went off we created very little.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024