Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? 16:03 - Nov 21 with 2365 viewspennblue

I know nothing about them, other than they are 2nd.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 16:13 - Nov 21 with 1774 viewsjayessess

Well, according to the xG stats, the only team to actually outplay them (Bolton) lost 2-0. The only team to beat them since August (Fleetwood) scored 4 times from 9 shots total (5 on target). So, I'm guessing "be clinical" is in the list.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 16:41]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 16:22 - Nov 21 with 1730 viewschrismakin

Play a strong, solid and organised backline
Don't allow 5 yards of space for byline crosses and be awake for 2000 crosses from all angles of the pitch.

Once you've sorted that.. then get the ball into bonne so he can score.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 16:26 - Nov 21 with 1708 viewspennblue

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 16:13 - Nov 21 by jayessess

Well, according to the xG stats, the only team to actually outplay them (Bolton) lost 2-0. The only team to beat them since August (Fleetwood) scored 4 times from 9 shots total (5 on target). So, I'm guessing "be clinical" is in the list.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 16:41]

Yeah a couple of early goals could be enough to grab a hold of the game. I think we have to go all out for the win.

They do look strong indeed. Cambridge were in the game, and it was at Rotherham too.

But we need a 20% lift on yesterdays performance to get 3 pts imo, anything less, and they may turn us over by 2 or 3.

Crucial game this one, huge opportunity missed yesterday.

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 16:27 - Nov 21 with 1706 viewspennblue

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 16:22 - Nov 21 by chrismakin

Play a strong, solid and organised backline
Don't allow 5 yards of space for byline crosses and be awake for 2000 crosses from all angles of the pitch.

Once you've sorted that.. then get the ball into bonne so he can score.

Maybe time to bring back Burgess? I do like him in the air.

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 16:30 - Nov 21 with 1694 viewsrgp1

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 16:27 - Nov 21 by pennblue

Biggles is good in the air as well!
Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 16:38 - Nov 21 with 1652 viewshoppy

Score more goals than them?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 16:39 - Nov 21 with 1644 viewsfooters

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 16:38 - Nov 21 by hoppy

Score more goals than them?

Can't see it catching on somehow, hoppy.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

We aren't. (n/t) on 16:40 - Nov 21 with 1642 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 16:43 - Nov 21 with 1615 viewsDarth_Koont

Aluko slaloming between two defenders on the right of the box and standing up a cross for Bonne at the back post.

But generally we’ll beat them by playing how we’ve been playing recently only taking better decisions in both boxes. We have shown we’re capable of stopping other teams playing by pushing them back when we have the ball and picking them off when they attack.

Pronouns: He/Him

We aren't. (n/t) on 16:45 - Nov 21 with 1605 viewsjayessess

We aren't. (n/t) on 16:40 - Nov 21 by Bloots

Bit strong. I'm not overly confident, but it's still a League One team at the end of the day.

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 16:48 - Nov 21 with 1585 viewshoppy

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 16:39 - Nov 21 by footers

Can't see it catching on somehow, hoppy.

Worth a try tho, shirley?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

We aren't. (n/t) on 16:54 - Nov 21 with 1560 viewsSitfcB

That’s the spirit

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

We aren't. (n/t) on 17:09 - Nov 21 with 1526 viewsBlueBadger

We aren't. (n/t) on 16:45 - Nov 21 by jayessess

Bit strong. I'm not overly confident, but it's still a League One team at the end of the day.

Trouble is, over the last few seasons we've shown that we're not very good at beating league one teams.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 17:13 - Nov 21 with 1517 viewsMrTown

We won’t, Crewe we should pick up 3 points Saturday though. Crewe & Gillingham probably the only time we’ll pick up 3 points between now and the new year.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 17:16 - Nov 21 with 1505 viewsGuthrum

The same way we did Wycombe after losing to Plymouth.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

We aren't. (n/t) on 17:20 - Nov 21 with 1477 viewsMrTown

We aren't. (n/t) on 16:45 - Nov 21 by jayessess

Makes me chuckle when people so this as if we are too good to be in League 1.

We have even dangered the top 6 in League for 2 years, and very unlikely to it again. Right now we are actually where we deserve to be.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

We aren't. (n/t) on 17:24 - Nov 21 with 1453 viewsBlueBadger

We'll probably get a stirring victory ala Wycombe and then proceed to pick up 4 points from the next 4 games.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 18:13]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We aren't. (n/t) on 17:59 - Nov 21 with 1373 viewspennblue

We aren't. (n/t) on 17:24 - Nov 21 by BlueBadger

We'll probably get a stirring victory ala Wycombe and then proceed to pick up 4 points from the next 4 games.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 18:13]

Lets hope so, not sure what the attendance is likely to be, 20,000? Doubt many Rotherham will travel down

We aren't. (n/t) on 18:03 - Nov 21 with 1359 viewsjayessess

We aren't. (n/t) on 17:20 - Nov 21 by MrTown

Makes me chuckle when people so this as if we are too good to be in League 1.

We have even dangered the top 6 in League for 2 years, and very unlikely to it again. Right now we are actually where we deserve to be.

I just meant that they're in the same division as we are.

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 18:05 - Nov 21 with 1354 viewsgtsb1966

With the money we've spent Rotherham really shouldn't be a worry. Unfortunately they are better managed than we are .
Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 18:11 - Nov 21 with 1330 viewspennblue

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 18:05 - Nov 21 by gtsb1966

With the money we've spent Rotherham really shouldn't be a worry. Unfortunately they are better managed than we are .

Definitely a game for JD - see their number 14 (Mickel Miller) setup two of their goals from left hand side in recent games.

They look susceptible in defence.

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 18:16 - Nov 21 with 1313 viewspositivity

they're differently managed.

itfc fans wouldn't stand for warne, it's basically old-school wimbledon on steroids

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 18:18 - Nov 21 with 1300 viewsreadtheleaguetable

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 16:27 - Nov 21 by pennblue

Yes, Back 4 of Donacien, Nsiala, Edmondson, Burgess. Then Morsy and El Mizouni, Aluko, Chaplin and Fraser (Celina to sub) , Bonne (Pigott sooner than 70th minute)

Qu'est-ce que vous chantez? Nous chantons "Les Bleus, allez!"

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 18:20 - Nov 21 with 1287 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 18:11 - Nov 21 by pennblue

Definitely a game for JD - see their number 14 (Mickel Miller) setup two of their goals from left hand side in recent games.

They look susceptible in defence.

I haven’t seen them but the equal fewest goals conceded in the division doesn’t really equate to susceptible does it ?

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Rotherham - how we going to beat them then? on 18:21 - Nov 21 with 1283 viewsIllinoisblue

See also: Man Utd’s 300million squad at Watford yesterday.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024