Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? 19:14 - Nov 21 with 965 viewsMattinLondon

Have to admit that sometimes I listen to albums on ‘random’ and this doesn’t distract me from thinking whether it’s a good, bad or average.

I’m not a musician so maybe I’m not really appreciating the issue.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59365019
Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 19:16 - Nov 21 with 936 viewsHerbivore

I make her right.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 19:20 - Nov 21 with 916 viewsWhos_blue

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 19:16 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

I make her right.

Yeah. Me too. Albums generally aren't just thrown together. They will often have an ebb and flow and of course some albums have an ongoing narrative.
Can you image "the long one" on side 2 of Abbey Road played out of sequence?

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 19:29 - Nov 21 with 888 viewsIllinoisblue

Or, as today’s youngsters might ask, “what’s an album?”

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 19:33 - Nov 21 with 877 viewsZXBlue

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 19:29 - Nov 21 by Illinoisblue

Or, as today’s youngsters might ask, “what’s an album?”

Quite. But then they know nothing about dynamics, natural vocals etc let alone carefully constructed albums.

Of course, many simlpy miss out on some of the less obvious tracks on albums, because they only listen to the hits, or skip past the stuff that is not instantly a favourite.

Music used to be a thing for theyoung. Its wasted on most of them now.
Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 19:38 - Nov 21 with 870 viewsIllinoisblue

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 19:33 - Nov 21 by ZXBlue

Quite. But then they know nothing about dynamics, natural vocals etc let alone carefully constructed albums.

Of course, many simlpy miss out on some of the less obvious tracks on albums, because they only listen to the hits, or skip past the stuff that is not instantly a favourite.

Music used to be a thing for theyoung. Its wasted on most of them now.

Indeed. The Insta tik tok generation are a largely feckless bunch. I’m not at all jealous as I see 50 approaching on the horizon. Not at all, no siree.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 20:08 - Nov 21 with 829 viewsWhos_blue

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 19:38 - Nov 21 by Illinoisblue

Indeed. The Insta tik tok generation are a largely feckless bunch. I’m not at all jealous as I see 50 approaching on the horizon. Not at all, no siree.

Been there, done that earlier this year.
It is what it is!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 20:14 - Nov 21 with 821 viewsfactual_blue

An album given its 50th anniversary re-release last year had the tracks in the order the main songwriter for the group had intended, which he changed to give more prominence to songs from others in the group.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 20:37 - Nov 21 with 769 viewsfactual_blue

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 20:08 - Nov 21 by Whos_blue

Been there, done that earlier this year.
It is what it is!

Been there. Done that. Can barely remember it.

Login to get fewer ads

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 22:29 - Nov 21 with 712 viewsfactual_blue

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 19:20 - Nov 21 by Whos_blue

Yeah. Me too. Albums generally aren't just thrown together. They will often have an ebb and flow and of course some albums have an ongoing narrative.
Can you image "the long one" on side 2 of Abbey Road played out of sequence?

morrissey albums are, of course, just thrown together.

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 22:39 - Nov 21 with 688 viewspositivity

depends on the album, some wouldn't fare badly at all, some would lose a lot!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 12:08 - Nov 22 with 520 viewswkj

I wish we could get Spotify to take the play button off of Adele's music. Granted, one of her farts is worth my entire life earnings - but I am tired of her being labeled brave for publicizing her breakups.

I'd rather listen to Abba - and that's saying something.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 12:10 - Nov 22 with 513 viewsZXBlue

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 12:08 - Nov 22 by wkj

I wish we could get Spotify to take the play button off of Adele's music. Granted, one of her farts is worth my entire life earnings - but I am tired of her being labeled brave for publicizing her breakups.

I'd rather listen to Abba - and that's saying something.

The breakup stuff is embarrassing, and self indulgent.

Her kid(s) will not appreciate all this stuff being "out there" at all, either now, in a few eyars, or when they are adult. They would much rather, one suspects, have a sensible conversation with their parents when old enough. Not a child focussed decision to publicise and do an album about it all, as she claims.
Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 12:17 - Nov 22 with 490 viewswkj

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 12:10 - Nov 22 by ZXBlue

The breakup stuff is embarrassing, and self indulgent.

Her kid(s) will not appreciate all this stuff being "out there" at all, either now, in a few eyars, or when they are adult. They would much rather, one suspects, have a sensible conversation with their parents when old enough. Not a child focussed decision to publicise and do an album about it all, as she claims.

Yes, she said it was a way of explaining her divorce to her kids didn't she?

Bob wouldn't be happy.

Crybaby

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 12:19 - Nov 22 with 487 viewsSwansea_Blue

Quite right. I didn't buy Now That's What I Call Music 372 for it all to become a collection of unrelated tracks!

My answer to this is 'meh'. She's got a point of course and many albums are best listened to in order. But can't people work that out for themselves? Just seems a bit of an unimportant thing to worry about.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 12:25 - Nov 22 with 473 viewswkj

Is this a case of taking yourself too seriously? Or is it quite reasonable? on 12:19 - Nov 22 by Swansea_Blue

Quite right. I didn't buy Now That's What I Call Music 372 for it all to become a collection of unrelated tracks!

My answer to this is 'meh'. She's got a point of course and many albums are best listened to in order. But can't people work that out for themselves? Just seems a bit of an unimportant thing to worry about.

Tw@t - that series stopped being good after Now 9.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024