Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” 23:39 - Nov 21 with 13207 viewsCotty

Get. Jabbed.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/nov/21/icu-is-full-of-the-unvaccinated-my
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 23:44 - Nov 21 with 4570 viewsJ2BLUE

99.9% of those who need to listen won't take any notice.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 23:52 - Nov 21 with 4586 viewsStokieBlue

Read that earlier, an excellent piece which unfortunately won't get through to those who refuse to have a jab.

They will probably be the same people who then complain they can't get other medical procedures when they need them because of the strain and delays caused by unvaccinated people over the last ~1.5 years.

SB
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 23:53]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 00:04 - Nov 22 with 4546 viewsfactual_blue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 23:52 - Nov 21 by StokieBlue

Read that earlier, an excellent piece which unfortunately won't get through to those who refuse to have a jab.

They will probably be the same people who then complain they can't get other medical procedures when they need them because of the strain and delays caused by unvaccinated people over the last ~1.5 years.

SB
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 23:53]

They'll say the article is made up by the drug companies to sell more vaccine to deal with a fake virus.

One wonders if such people are worth saving.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 00:26 - Nov 22 with 4525 viewsjeera

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 00:04 - Nov 22 by factual_blue

They'll say the article is made up by the drug companies to sell more vaccine to deal with a fake virus.

One wonders if such people are worth saving.

Still seeing lots of crazy stuff online.

People saying that those lying in hospital beds making videos pleading with others to get vaccinated are actors or ill for other reasons; too fat etc.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 00:31 - Nov 22 with 4511 viewsXYZ

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 07:19 - Nov 22 with 4215 viewsGlasgowBlue

It’s a no brainer.

Look at the ratio of deaths to positive cases since the vaccine kicked in.

It’s clear that the vaccine will give very good protection against death. Get vaccinated folks. And get your booster when offered.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 07:32 - Nov 22 with 4182 viewsSteve_M

And, also, for those of us in the 40-49 age bracket you can book your booster from today.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-

Although I got a link from my GP's surgery last week so have mine already booked for this afternoon.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 07:34 - Nov 22 with 4172 viewsgalacticoblue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 07:32 - Nov 22 by Steve_M

And, also, for those of us in the 40-49 age bracket you can book your booster from today.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-

Although I got a link from my GP's surgery last week so have mine already booked for this afternoon.

I don’t know anyone who is against the vaccine.
Login to get fewer ads

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 07:38 - Nov 22 with 4164 viewsStokieBlue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 07:32 - Nov 22 by Steve_M

Annoyingly it says you can book it 5 months after your second dose but when I booked it last night it insisted on 6 months after my second dose.

SB

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 07:41 - Nov 22 with 4146 viewsGlasgowBlue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 07:38 - Nov 22 by StokieBlue

Annoyingly it says you can book it 5 months after your second dose but when I booked it last night it insisted on 6 months after my second dose.

SB

Same for me. Saw the hotline number, called to book but was told that my booster had to be no less than six months after my second dose.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 07:42 - Nov 22 with 4137 viewsBluesky

"When you’re dead you don’t know you’re dead. It’s only difficult for the others. The same goes when you’re stupid." Anon.
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 07:47 - Nov 22 with 4087 viewsElderGrizzly

A hidden stat as well, is apparently 600 women have given, or had to give birth prematurely due to Covid this year.
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 08:36 - Nov 22 with 3966 viewsStokieBlue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 07:47 - Nov 22 by ElderGrizzly

A hidden stat as well, is apparently 600 women have given, or had to give birth prematurely due to Covid this year.

Which is awful given large scale studies have shown that pregnant women should take the vaccine.

There was a thread on here about a year ago where some were urging pregnant women not to have it, even at the time there were large studies from the US showing it was far safer for pregnant women to take the vaccine than get covid.

SB
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 8:37]

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 08:38 - Nov 22 with 3968 viewsWacko

Just sent it to my unvaxxed mate who replied:

We’ve all got it mate 👎
Covid and no Jab. Been ill for a week. Will get jab I reckon after this

Shame it took his whole family getting sick to change his mind, hope they pull through it without any major problems.

Posting this purely to show anyone reading who's undecided that it's not worth the risk.

Poll: Who would you rather see lose their job?

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 08:47 - Nov 22 with 3886 viewshomer_123

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 07:34 - Nov 22 by galacticoblue

I don’t know anyone who is against the vaccine.

Sadly I do - and it's caused huge issues.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 08:49 - Nov 22 with 3887 viewsDanTheMan

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 08:47 - Nov 22 by homer_123

Whilst I don't know anyone who is outright against it, my sister in law still won't have it and due to some medical issues she is very at risk. Thankfully, she's not caught it yet.

Also my step brother is refusing to have it which is causing his father no end of worry.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 09:04 - Nov 22 with 3816 viewshype313

Sadly a good friend of mine has turned out to be Anti Vaxx and it's pretty much tarnished our friendship of 30 years, not that I have any great opinion on how others want to look at it, it's more the fact that he's turned so dogmatic he's like a Jehovah on steroids

Unfortunately can't see us getting back to where we were.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 09:11 - Nov 22 with 3794 viewsWD19

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 07:38 - Nov 22 by StokieBlue

SB

Yeah, unnecessarily confusing. It means you are allowed to book an appointment after 5 months, but that appointment has to be in at least a months time because the gap is still 6 months.
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 09:34 - Nov 22 with 3705 viewseastangliaisblue

I'm glad this thread has been started as I was going to myself today.

No one will probably remember, but earlier in the year I started a thread about my anti-vax cousin. We fell out over the constant rubbish she kept posting about Covid and the vaccine. She died in hospital on Friday after catching Covid. She had no other health issues. She leaves behind a 13 year old son. Imagine what he is now going through because of her own stupidity.

Get vaccinated.
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 09:38 - Nov 22 with 3657 viewsSwansea_Blue

Ditto. Including one life changing outcome (and that's the best outcome as it didn't look like they were going to make it at all).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 09:43 - Nov 22 with 3626 viewsHerbivore

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 09:34 - Nov 22 by eastangliaisblue

No one will probably remember, but earlier in the year I started a thread about my anti-vax cousin. We fell out over the constant rubbish she kept posting about Covid and the vaccine. She died in hospital on Friday after catching Covid. She had no other health issues. She leaves behind a 13 year old son. Imagine what he is now going through because of her own stupidity.

Get vaccinated.

Sorry for your loss mate, that's awful.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 10:01 - Nov 22 with 3541 viewsgalacticoblue

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 09:04 - Nov 22 by hype313

Sadly a good friend of mine has turned out to be Anti Vaxx and it's pretty much tarnished our friendship of 30 years, not that I have any great opinion on how others want to look at it, it's more the fact that he's turned so dogmatic he's like a Jehovah on steroids

Hopefully time will sort it for you. I can only imagine how I would react to someone close being so stubborn and preaching their own anti-vax beliefs on others.
“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 10:05 - Nov 22 with 3536 viewsclive_baker

I read an article a few weeks back, I think it was Manchester Royal Infirmary, their Covid ward had about 50 seriously sick patients, every single one was unvaccinated. Among them, 40 year olds in otherwise good health, who hadn't had the vaccine because they couldn't be bothered, or work had 'got in the way', or they read some made up b0llocks on facebook that put them off. Unsurprisingly there's a huge amount of regret amongst those people and their families. Real people, dying unneccesarily.

Get a vaccine. Get a booster.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

You'd think that something as stark and horrific as this..... on 10:07 - Nov 22 with 3526 viewsBloots

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 09:34 - Nov 22 by eastangliaisblue

Get vaccinated.

.....happening would be all that is required to convince people to do the right thing.

Sadly people will still be selfish fooktards and endanger themselves and more importantly their loved ones and the general public.

Get tested.
Wear masks.
Get vaccinated.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 10:17 - Nov 22 with 3481 viewsRyorry

“ICU is full of the unvaccinated” on 09:04 - Nov 22 by hype313

Likewise - group of 4 friends, 2 of us very pro (other one is former nurse) and 2 very against (one ultra health conscious supplement taker who thinks her own immune system will suffice; other ex-hippy alternative living).

We all had 70th birthdays in same year & joint outing a few years back. Now I doubt we'll ever meet as a group again (though distant relations remain with the antis via occasional phone/email). Very depressing.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024