Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
High points totals? 10:13 - Nov 22 with 860 viewsjayessess

If everyone keeps racking up points at the same rate then the Top 10 will look like this:

1st 98 points
2nd 92
3rd 92
4th 89
5th 87
6th 84
7th 81
8th 74

We're on target for a ridiculous final league table. Surely it's not going to finish this way? And why isn't the table more normally balanced?
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 10:16]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

High points totals? on 10:22 - Nov 22 with 799 viewstractorboy1978

2018/19 ended up not too dissimilar to that - 5th place being 85 points.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 10:22]
High points totals? on 10:24 - Nov 22 with 791 viewsSteve_M

Reminds me of this season, one where we were superb from November onwards but the teams above us kept picking up points too:

http://www.englishfootballleaguetables.co.uk/final/f1997-98.html#d2

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

High points totals? on 10:28 - Nov 22 with 759 viewsHerbivore

I think it'll drop off a little but I'm not sure 75 points will be enough for the play offs this year and it could take 89/90 points to secure automatic. Top 2 is already gone for us but unless we get our act together soon the top 6 will soon get away from us too.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

High points totals? on 10:28 - Nov 22 with 753 viewsSomethingBlue

Just suggests there's a core of teams that are better and more consistent than everyone else. Going to take an almighty effort for us to get among them and it really needs to start with a big result tomorrow.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

High points totals? on 10:32 - Nov 22 with 714 viewsPinewoodblue

High points totals? on 10:24 - Nov 22 by Steve_M

Reminds me of this season, one where we were superb from November onwards but the teams above us kept picking up points too:

To match the home points tally we have to win 11 out of the remaining 14 home games.

It will be home form that stops us making the play offs.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

High points totals? on 10:41 - Nov 22 with 684 viewsSteve_M

High points totals? on 10:32 - Nov 22 by Pinewoodblue

To match the home points tally we have to win 11 out of the remaining 14 home games.

It will be home form that stops us making the play offs.

Yes, I wasn't suggesting we were as good relative to the division as Burley's team that season. Three home wins from nine - all against teams in the bottom four - isn't promotion winning form.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

High points totals? on 11:46 - Nov 22 with 551 viewsTrumptonBlue

High points totals? on 10:24 - Nov 22 by Steve_M

Was going to mention that season. Town won just four of their first 20 league games, then went W19 D5 L2 from the last 26; W16 D3 L1 from the last 20. We collected nine more points than the season before but finished one place lower.
High points totals? on 11:49 - Nov 22 with 544 viewspositivity

statistically it's to be expected, things tend to even out with a higher sample size

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Login to get fewer ads

High points totals? on 12:37 - Nov 22 with 460 viewsHighgateBlue

High points totals? on 10:28 - Nov 22 by Herbivore

I think it'll drop off a little but I'm not sure 75 points will be enough for the play offs this year and it could take 89/90 points to secure automatic. Top 2 is already gone for us but unless we get our act together soon the top 6 will soon get away from us too.

So far this season our points per game figure is worse than either last season or the year before. Sadly I don't think it'll matter for us whether 75 points is enough for the playoffs or not.

So far this season we're (W D L) 6 6 6 (what an appropriate figure...)
We're winning one third of our games. (Versus 41% last year and 39% the year before).

I just can't see us making the playoffs from here unfortunately.

In terms of results, there's been a downward trend even since Lambert left. That is the reality that needs facing up to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024