Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Vote is TONIGHT ppl - pls bombard yr MPs by 9.30pm Pls oppose th (anti) NHS Bill 10:56 - Nov 22 with 2020 viewsRyorry

[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 16:18]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Please oppose the (anti) NHS Bill on 13:40 - Nov 22 with 1910 viewsLightworker

Shocking but sadly not surprising. Email sent to my local MP.
Please oppose the (anti) NHS Bill on 14:06 - Nov 22 with 1880 viewsXYZ

Everyone should read point 3 of that list in the first tweet quoted by Ryorry.

It basically means that you should be grateful if the NHS provides you with care, but they don't have to.

The whole thing is designed to mean there's a tangible difference between what you will get with private health insurance and what the NHS might (or might not) do for you.

Edit: don't have any pre-existing conditions if you're looking for insurance, of course.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 14:08]
Please oppose the (anti) NHS Bill on 14:29 - Nov 22 with 1841 viewsRyorry

Please oppose the (anti) NHS Bill on 14:06 - Nov 22 by XYZ

It basically means that you should be grateful if the NHS provides you with care, but they don't have to.

The whole thing is designed to mean there's a tangible difference between what you will get with private health insurance and what the NHS might (or might not) do for you.

Edit: don't have any pre-existing conditions if you're looking for insurance, of course.

Absolutely shocking isn't it, and seems to be yet another thing getting slipped in under the radar/awareness of the majority of the population. If this were France there'd be rioting in the streets.

Please oppose the (anti) NHS Bill on 16:22 - Nov 22 with 1787 viewsRyorry

Please oppose the (anti) NHS Bill on 14:29 - Nov 22 by Ryorry

Absolutely shocking isn't it, and seems to be yet another thing getting slipped in under the radar/awareness of the majority of the population. If this were France there'd be rioting in the streets.

Esp those whose MPs are Tory - they need to get the message loud & clear - "don't you *dare* pursue this privatisation of our most treasured service - we need our NHS a lot more than we need you MPs".

Please oppose the (anti) NHS Bill on 16:52 - Nov 22 with 1733 viewsXYZ

Please oppose the (anti) NHS Bill on 16:22 - Nov 22 by Ryorry

Esp those whose MPs are Tory - they need to get the message loud & clear - "don't you *dare* pursue this privatisation of our most treasured service - we need our NHS a lot more than we need you MPs".

They're giving away (i.e. not even selling) the family silver.

In exchange for donations to the tory party. I'm pretty sure the latest Private Eye's "MD" has a good piece on this in the latest issue.
Please oppose the (anti) NHS Bill on 18:33 - Nov 22 with 1657 viewsRyorry

Please oppose the (anti) NHS Bill on 16:52 - Nov 22 by XYZ

They're giving away (i.e. not even selling) the family silver.

In exchange for donations to the tory party. I'm pretty sure the latest Private Eye's "MD" has a good piece on this in the latest issue.

Yep.

Thanks, I'll look that up.

Just emailed my (Tory) MP. suggesting that even his supposedly safe seat might not be if this bill goes through, as voters have long memories & need the NHS more than they need Tory MPs ...

Vote is TONIGHT ppl - pls bombard yr MPs by 9.30pm Pls oppose th (anti) NHS Bill on 20:43 - Nov 22 with 1584 viewsITFC_Forever

Waste of time, given how the Ipswich MP is one of the biggest morons in the house.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Vote is TONIGHT ppl - pls bombard yr MPs by 9.30pm Pls oppose th (anti) NHS Bill on 20:53 - Nov 22 with 1564 viewspointofblue

Even the Guardian is focusing on the social care cap rather than the affect on the NHS, whilst The Mirror has it as a small headline on their website. Why is this being ignored across the board?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Please oppose the (anti) NHS Bill on 20:57 - Nov 22 with 1551 viewsSwansea_Blue

Please oppose the (anti) NHS Bill on 14:06 - Nov 22 by XYZ

Awful isn’t it. My MP will be opposing, but good luck to anyone who thinks they’ll get a Tory one to vote against. Worth a try, but don’t hold your breath.

This was all predicted of course. Same as relaxation of environmental standards, defunding of services, etc. This leopard doesn’t change its spots - utter w ankers.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Please oppose the (anti) NHS Bill on 21:23 - Nov 22 with 1512 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Please oppose the (anti) NHS Bill on 20:57 - Nov 22 by Swansea_Blue

Awful isn’t it. My MP will be opposing, but good luck to anyone who thinks they’ll get a Tory one to vote against. Worth a try, but don’t hold your breath.

This was all predicted of course. Same as relaxation of environmental standards, defunding of services, etc. This leopard doesn’t change its spots - utter w ankers.

It was predicted.

By Project Fear.

It would be interesting to see if there is anything that Project Fear predicted that has not materialised.

Unfortunately, soundbites win over the electorate far better than facts.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Vote is TONIGHT ppl - pls bombard yr MPs by 9.30pm Pls oppose th (anti) NHS Bill on 21:31 - Nov 22 with 1499 viewsMeadowlark

I have been corresponding with my Tory, Ipswich supporting MP ( Peter Aldous) about this since the summer.
I do not doubt that he will vote with the government. I think he believes the stuff he tells me about the NHS being safe.
But I have sent him another email this evening.
Vote is TONIGHT ppl - pls bombard yr MPs by 9.30pm Pls oppose th (anti) NHS Bill on 21:36 - Nov 22 with 1480 viewspointofblue

Vote is TONIGHT ppl - pls bombard yr MPs by 9.30pm Pls oppose th (anti) NHS Bill on 21:31 - Nov 22 by Meadowlark

I have been corresponding with my Tory, Ipswich supporting MP ( Peter Aldous) about this since the summer.
I do not doubt that he will vote with the government. I think he believes the stuff he tells me about the NHS being safe.

I fear some MPs won't realise what it means until it's too late, despite being told.

Vote is TONIGHT ppl - pls bombard yr MPs by 9.30pm Pls oppose th (anti) NHS Bill on 23:20 - Nov 22 with 1377 viewsRyorry

Vote is TONIGHT ppl - pls bombard yr MPs by 9.30pm Pls oppose th (anti) NHS Bill on 21:36 - Nov 22 by pointofblue

I fear some MPs won't realise what it means until it's too late, despite being told.

U-turn by Wednesday?! If not, over to the Lords ...

Vote is TONIGHT ppl - pls bombard yr MPs by 9.30pm Pls oppose th (anti) NHS Bill on 07:07 - Nov 23 with 1255 viewsMeadowlark

Vote is TONIGHT ppl - pls bombard yr MPs by 9.30pm Pls oppose th (anti) NHS Bill on 21:31 - Nov 22 by Meadowlark

I am pleased to report that Peter Aldous (C) voted against!
Vote is TONIGHT ppl - pls bombard yr MPs by 9.30pm Pls oppose th (anti) NHS Bill on 11:23 - Nov 23 with 1178 viewsRyorry

Vote is TONIGHT ppl - pls bombard yr MPs by 9.30pm Pls oppose th (anti) NHS Bill on 07:07 - Nov 23 by Meadowlark

Full record of votes -

Ayes - https://votes.parliament.uk/Votes/Commons/Division/1147#ayes

Noes - https://votes.parliament.uk/Votes/Commons/Division/1147#noes

No votes recorded (poss abstentions, paired or just not there) - https://votes.parliament.uk/Votes/Commons/Division/1147#notrecorded

Please oppose the (anti) NHS Bill on 12:09 - Nov 23 with 1120 viewsSwansea_Blue

Please oppose the (anti) NHS Bill on 21:23 - Nov 22 by Nthsuffolkblue

It was predicted.

By Project Fear.

It would be interesting to see if there is anything that Project Fear predicted that has not materialised.

Unfortunately, soundbites win over the electorate far better than facts.

The mass unemployment never materialised, but then (a) it was a bit of a daft prediction, and (b) the labour market is thoroughly disrupted with all these short hours/gig economy roles. Plenty of jobs lost and moved out of the country, but there have been plenty of new jobs created too (I'm not sure how the quality of the new roles created stacks up). Covid has now messed up this picture.

We didn't have a recession either, but they pumped in large amounts of QE to prop things up and we still had one of the lowest growth rates in the G7. Covid has masked the signal there too, as we see high covid recovery growth. Although in the last set of results it seems that the optimism in September was misplaced and we're struggling again (granted that could easily change in the next Q).

There's probably a few other bits and bobs, but it's hard to argue overall that the impact hasn't been negative. Ultimately the direction of forecast was right, even if the detail varies between indicators.

That whole 'Project Fear' narrative and the level of 'discussion' around what Brexit would mean was thoroughly embarrassing. Puerile to the extreme and yep, politics by sound bites.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 12:11]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Vote is TONIGHT ppl - pls bombard yr MPs by 9.30pm Pls oppose th (anti) NHS Bill on 14:35 - Nov 23 with 1064 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Vote is TONIGHT ppl - pls bombard yr MPs by 9.30pm Pls oppose th (anti) NHS Bill on 07:07 - Nov 23 by Meadowlark

And it will come as no surprise that Hunt, T (Conservative) voted with the government.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Vote is TONIGHT ppl - pls bombard yr MPs by 9.30pm Pls oppose th (anti) NHS Bill on 14:51 - Nov 23 with 1042 viewspointofblue

Vote is TONIGHT ppl - pls bombard yr MPs by 9.30pm Pls oppose th (anti) NHS Bill on 14:35 - Nov 23 by You_Bloo_Right

And it will come as no surprise that Hunt, T (Conservative) voted with the government.

Dan Poulter voted against though - odd that.

Vote is TONIGHT ppl - pls bombard yr MPs by 9.30pm Pls oppose th (anti) NHS Bill on 15:03 - Nov 23 with 1027 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Vote is TONIGHT ppl - pls bombard yr MPs by 9.30pm Pls oppose th (anti) NHS Bill on 14:51 - Nov 23 by pointofblue

Dan Poulter voted against though - odd that.

Quite telling given his background and line of work

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Vote is TONIGHT ppl - pls bombard yr MPs by 9.30pm Pls oppose th (anti) NHS Bill on 15:14 - Nov 23 with 1004 viewsitfc48

I reckon they'll start by keeping life-saving treatments free but begin charging for quality of life treatments like hip/knee replacements, ACL reconstructions etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024