Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we don't get promoted this season 15:57 - Nov 22 with 1919 viewshomer_123

Who, from this squad, will we see leave or unlikely to be able keep/sign?

I'll go with Bonne, Celina, Coulson as those we would have trouble signing (Barry I think will be gone in Jan).

I can see Edmundson being sold, I think Chaplin might not want to stay, esp if he's not getting game time. Burns and Fraser could also leave.

I guess a lot depends on how we finish the season - if it's not being promoted via the play-offs, some might stay but if not, tough to see some of these sticking around. Especially if we see Cooke leave early.

EDIT: Add Morsy as per Badgers post.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 16:03]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If we don't get promoted this season on 16:01 - Nov 22 with 1644 viewsBlueBadger

Morsy is probably another one. He's a clearly ambitious player who didn't want to leave the Championship side he was playing for and well-regarded(by fans at least) at.

I'd expect a promoted or mid to lower-end Championship side to at least show some interest in him.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If we don't get promoted this season on 16:02 - Nov 22 with 1638 viewshomer_123

If we don't get promoted this season on 16:01 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

Morsy is probably another one. He's a clearly ambitious player who didn't want to leave the Championship side he was playing for and well-regarded(by fans at least) at.

I'd expect a promoted or mid to lower-end Championship side to at least show some interest in him.

Yes, had thought of him to add but then didn't. You are right though.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Chaplin, and to a lesser degree..... on 16:20 - Nov 22 with 1560 viewsBloots

....Burns, not playing regularly are two of the most baffling decisions Cook has made.

He seems to get away with some random team selections because of the perception that our squad is so strong.

But I really don't get it.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Chaplin, and to a lesser degree..... on 16:22 - Nov 22 with 1548 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Chaplin, and to a lesser degree..... on 16:20 - Nov 22 by Bloots

....Burns, not playing regularly are two of the most baffling decisions Cook has made.

He seems to get away with some random team selections because of the perception that our squad is so strong.

Burns has played regularly hasn't he just been injured last few games?
If we don't get promoted this season on 16:25 - Nov 22 with 1537 viewspositivity

some are a bit cook-dependent, the likes of chaplin, morsy, walton, evans may be less likely to stay on if cook goes

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

If we don't get promoted this season on 16:29 - Nov 22 with 1522 viewsSomethingBlue

Walton — gone
Bonne — question mark
Celina — gone
Coulson — gone
Carroll — gone
Aluko — question mark
Barry — gone
We sell a couple who have bigger designs — Edmundson a good shout — and a couple for whom it hasn't quite worked out (Fraser/Harper/Burgess ... who knows, still time for all of those guys to come good at the moment but you get it)

Some are a bigger deal than others but this is already nearly half of the massive rebuild we had last summer. This squad was built to compete and go up this season and it is essential that it does.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

If we don't get promoted this season on 16:32 - Nov 22 with 1478 viewsBlueBadger

If we don't get promoted this season on 16:29 - Nov 22 by SomethingBlue

Walton — gone
Bonne — question mark
Celina — gone
Coulson — gone
Carroll — gone
Aluko — question mark
Barry — gone
We sell a couple who have bigger designs — Edmundson a good shout — and a couple for whom it hasn't quite worked out (Fraser/Harper/Burgess ... who knows, still time for all of those guys to come good at the moment but you get it)

Some are a bigger deal than others but this is already nearly half of the massive rebuild we had last summer. This squad was built to compete and go up this season and it is essential that it does.

Bonne is definitely gone. He might be 'one of us' but he's also an ambitious player seeking to further his career. He's another one that a newly promoted or mid-to-lower end Championship side goes in for.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

He's only started 2.... on 16:34 - Nov 22 with 1471 viewsBloots

Chaplin, and to a lesser degree..... on 16:22 - Nov 22 by abracaDOBRA_

Burns has played regularly hasn't he just been injured last few games?

....of the last 7 league matches.

Maybe he's been injured/ill, but he's been on the bench a couple of times.

Perhaps I'm imagining it, but I'd have him as a starter.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Login to get fewer ads

If we don't get promoted this season on 16:35 - Nov 22 with 1468 viewsSomethingBlue

If we don't get promoted this season on 16:32 - Nov 22 by BlueBadger

Bonne is definitely gone. He might be 'one of us' but he's also an ambitious player seeking to further his career. He's another one that a newly promoted or mid-to-lower end Championship side goes in for.

I just wonder if we might get that one done in January while things are still up in the air ... otherwise, yes.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

If we don't get promoted this season on 16:36 - Nov 22 with 1447 viewsBlueBadger

If we don't get promoted this season on 16:35 - Nov 22 by SomethingBlue

I just wonder if we might get that one done in January while things are still up in the air ... otherwise, yes.

I think if we're still around the same place come January, he's still scoring and QPR get offers, he would go if there's an exceptionally good one, but I think summer would be more likely.

If we don't get promoted this season on 16:44 - Nov 22 with 1398 viewsJDB23

Not sure we would lose that many unless forced to sell due to FFP.

If we fail to get promoted then it's likely many of our players won't have performed that well. For example, if the season were to stop now, who of our contracted players would interest Championship clubs? Burns, Morsy, maybe Chaplin? Not sure anyone else has really done enough to warrant interest from the league above.
He's only started 2.... on 16:49 - Nov 22 with 1363 viewsGarv

He's only started 2.... on 16:34 - Nov 22 by Bloots

....of the last 7 league matches.

Maybe he's been injured/ill, but he's been on the bench a couple of times.

Perhaps I'm imagining it, but I'd have him as a starter.

I'm pretty confident in saying almost all of those have been injury related. He'd been playing through an achilles problem prior to that.

Also, one of them was Cambridge where Aluko scored two in the first half, and Burns came on in the second.

Chaplin I'm more in agreement with, he should be playing, but so should Celina in my view, so I guess it changes things tactically.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

If we don't get promoted this season on 17:01 - Nov 22 with 1308 viewsOldboy

All the loanees obviously.
All those that signed permanently will stay unless we want them gone. Promotion wasn't guaranteed when they signed, so no need for them to leave. Think Cook will be given the money for another shot at promotion if we don't make it this time. Don't see many, if any leaving unless Cook decides otherwise.
If we don't get promoted this season on 17:03 - Nov 22 with 1293 viewsmarchy

It is a worry, isn't it. And how do we then "sell" a new project to players as good as these to drop down a level and bear with us when it clearly didn't work the first time?
Chaplin, and to a lesser degree..... on 17:07 - Nov 22 with 1269 viewsChrisd

Chaplin, and to a lesser degree..... on 16:20 - Nov 22 by Bloots

Perhaps Burns has an injury and he’s protecting him?
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 17:11]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

If we don't get promoted this season on 17:25 - Nov 22 with 1198 viewsjayessess

Hard to tell how attractive most of our players would be to a club at a higher level, I think. We signed them all on long contracts on good wages and not many have increased their value.

If no-one's going to come along with a bigger fee, bigger wages or the prospect of top end Championship football, I can't see that there will be much pressure to sell if we don't want to.

The loanees are a different matter, but again, do Celina, Coulson, Bonne, Walton, have better suitors off the back of a mid-table League One finish than they did last Summer? Probably not.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

If we don't get promoted this season on 18:34 - Nov 22 with 1093 viewsBlueBadger

If we don't get promoted this season on 17:01 - Nov 22 by Oldboy

All the loanees obviously.
All those that signed permanently will stay unless we want them gone. Promotion wasn't guaranteed when they signed, so no need for them to leave. Think Cook will be given the money for another shot at promotion if we don't make it this time. Don't see many, if any leaving unless Cook decides otherwise.

There is no way Cook stays if we fail to go up.

The owners of the club will not be looking to back a manager with two consecutive failed attempts at promotion.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 18:39]

If we don't get promoted this season on 18:42 - Nov 22 with 1056 viewsWestover

How many games have we played and already people are dismantling the side, so it would be almost start again crazy IMO, we need to ship two of three out in January and get a couple in and we will be OK.
If we don't get promoted this season on 18:44 - Nov 22 with 1052 viewsArnieM

18 games gone ( not even half the season) and sure as eggs is eggs all the negativity comes flooding back . Good old ITFC fans eh 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

If we don't get promoted this season on 18:47 - Nov 22 with 1042 viewsBlueBadger

If we don't get promoted this season on 18:44 - Nov 22 by ArnieM

18 games gone ( not even half the season) and sure as eggs is eggs all the negativity comes flooding back . Good old ITFC fans eh 👍

Imagine being disappointed at being mid table in the third division with a side full of allegedly Championship standard players.

If we don't get promoted this season on 19:07 - Nov 22 with 989 viewsBlueBadger

If we don't get promoted this season on 18:42 - Nov 22 by Westover

How many games have we played and already people are dismantling the side, so it would be almost start again crazy IMO, we need to ship two of three out in January and get a couple in and we will be OK.

The fact that we're actually having this discussion speaks volumes bout how disappointing this season has been.

Chaplin, and to a lesser degree..... on 19:30 - Nov 22 with 930 viewsLeoMuff

Chaplin, and to a lesser degree..... on 17:07 - Nov 22 by Chrisd

Perhaps Burns has an injury and he’s protecting him?
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 17:11]

I’m sure I read he has had an Achilles problem for a while ?

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

If we don't get promoted this season on 20:40 - Nov 22 with 847 viewsrgp1

If we don't get promoted this season on 17:03 - Nov 22 by marchy

It is a worry, isn't it. And how do we then "sell" a new project to players as good as these to drop down a level and bear with us when it clearly didn't work the first time?

I suppose we could ask the Americans to chuck another load of money at it.
If we don't get promoted this season on 20:43 - Nov 22 with 835 viewsrgp1

If we don't get promoted this season on 18:44 - Nov 22 by ArnieM

What about the 18 games that Cook took us further down the table with last season?
If we don't get promoted this season on 21:49 - Nov 22 with 747 viewsBlueBadger

If we don't get promoted this season on 20:43 - Nov 22 by rgp1

What about the 18 games that Cook took us further down the table with last season?

Yeah but those players were all rubbish*

*but had still managed to put together multiple long winning runs, despite having little to no coaching, tactical or motivational input for two seasons.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024