Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" 10:06 - Nov 23 with 2086 viewsunstableblue

This is a club mired in underachievement, of not RUNNING TOWARDS ADVERSITY, of choking in front of Sky, or the big game, or the big crowd: a decade of under performance, under entertainment, under guile, under energy, turning off fans, sinking down the leagues...

The rot has to stop at some point, we have to turn that corner, there is huge optimism in the fan base, the fans have seen improved performance and feel the energy from the investment

We've seen improvement this season -
Its quite simple... by unstableblue 23 Nov 2021 9:23
Portsmouth W - 4-0; a great Town performance in the second half. Blew a promotion rival away - look streets ahead

Fleetwood W 2-1; despite an equaliser heads did not drop, lots of positives, first back to back wins

Plymouth L 1-2; I didn't go to the game, so cannot comment on or progress and development in this game. I understand we were strong at times, but a loss

Wycombe W - 4-1; probably the best Town performance I can remember in years, a STRONG opposition, but we slowly dominated the midfield, and attacking with pace and dynamism that we have all craved, beat a FORM team, a promotion - you HAD to be there physically

Oxford D - 0-0; we weathered an early storm against a well drilled and good Oxford promotion rival, without real issue again, then completely took over the match, but Oxford went full dark arts to stop our rythm and it worked

Sunderland L - 0-2; you had to be there, as strong and dominant performance away from home as I can remember 2 crystal clear cut chances for celina which would have won it, a Walton howler and we lose

So WWLWDL - and WLWDL against promotion rivals

Not good enough for play-offs in my mind... but key injuries and enough signs in those displays to suggest we can remain in the mix, we looked significantly better than Sunderland, Pompey, Wycombe, and in part Oxford.

Tonight we'll see how we really stack up against THE best team in the league. It will add to the assessment you can make of the games above.

If we come into January still in sight of the play-offs (6/7 points), I think we've got a great chance.... cut adrift and I'd join the chorus of concern. But I go from what I see on the pitch and what is still possible in the table.

COYFB!

- in recent games..

But despite visible improvement, talk is cheap, points and performances make an inflection point in form.... THE TIME IS NOW, THE TIME IS TONIGHT, ON SUNDAY AND AT THE VALLEY

We KNOW, unlike other false dawns that we CAN DO IT, COOK CAN DO IT... for those at Wycombe on that night (not on iFollow, or via highlights), you saw with the naked eye the raw energy and power of that display, you saw the switching of play, the intricate passing, the solidity of the defence.. you saw how it affected the fans

But now it needs to turn into consistency and a RUN, points, keep in touch with the play-offs over December and we are in with a great chance Jan/Feb.. but we cannot fall away

Tonight we face the best team in the league, the 4W2D +12 goals form, UNBEATEN IN 17 MATCHES... flying.. strong, direct, but passing with movement and pace... a team gelled over seasons.. fit, ready. THE TIME IS NOW to show our intent, TIME TO STRIKE...

COYFB... lets get PR rocking and lets get a performance and points.. no more "we'll turn it round in the next game"; this is how you win a game (and we need to be STRONGEST in all categories tonight):

1. Have the better quality players, in a cohesive unit with developed partnerships
2. Have a greater energy and desire than the opposition
3. Have the better technical set-up, tactics and system of play

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:08 - Nov 23 with 1671 viewsHerbivore

It's got 0-0 or 0-1 written all over it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:09 - Nov 23 with 1660 viewsBlueBadger

So basically, we should have better players, a better manager and try harder?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:12 - Nov 23 with 1632 viewsBlueBadger

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:08 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

Oh Herbers, DaveU agrees with you!

You've gone too far here.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 10:13]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:13 - Nov 23 with 1634 viewsCokeIsKey

Already put £50 on Rotherham winning, I'll be supporting us but it's so obvious we're going to get battered.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:17 - Nov 23 with 1613 viewsunstableblue

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:09 - Nov 23 by BlueBadger

So basically, we should have better players, a better manager and try harder?

Shhhhh.. BlueBadger.. we've talked about this.. the model has various patents pending and lucrative franchising deals.... you are jeopardising this

Plus the FA sponsored lecture tour

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:23 - Nov 23 with 1607 viewsitfcjoe

My views on it all, whilst often I have some projected on me, are along the following lines.....

Whilst the football has been more entertaining generally, it all feels very hit and miss. Some of our basics are still not where they should be (defensive set pieces especially) and the style Cook wants to play can become very predictable at times.

I don't feel we have been particularly unlucky as some do, and the way we seem to not be able to win close games is very concerning. As is the record full stop in my view.

The insistence on the same style, and just doing it better is under utilising the squad at times for me, and it looks the style of football that relies very much on simply having better players than the opposition - which we mostly do, but how does that translate if we are to achieve success?

I feel it is too late to make a change, or maybe not the right time, and the Cook option needs to be exhausted more fully - but it feels very Jewell-esque at the moment where you have the odd fantastic victory that gives hope but can never string a run together.

I don't think fans realise just how poor our league position is, and how much we've got to do just to get back into the race for the play offs let alone into them. The numbers are very much against us, and whilst form has improved, it doesn't feel to me like we are purring or anything like that and our inability to win tighter games could see us basically out of it be Xmas day with ROtherham, Wigan , Sunderland and Charlton to come in the next 5.

Unless we can track along at 2 points per game then we just aren't going to trouble the top 6, it's a huge ask and whilst we should be capable of it I can see the season falling apart in the next few weeks which will just be incredibly frustrating - the season is drifting away very quickly and the fanbase doesn't seem to have noticed.

If we do have a poor run over the next 4-5 games I see no reason to keep Cook into the transfer window, time for someone else to start looking at 2022/23. Maybe someone more suited to the collegiate approach the rest of the club is setting itself up to be.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:23 - Nov 23 with 1588 viewsunstableblue

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:08 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

Yup Herbie I think its going to be quite cagey... but with a lot of Rotherham threat on the break

What the doomsday squad don't quite realise is that our opposition have watched the Wycombe video, viewed our players, our highest scorers in the league tag, and know we are DANGER

Hence Oxford sh!thousery and Sunderland 6 players behind the ball for the majority of the match

BUT the problem with Rotherham is that they can break at pace on the ground, AND go LONG into the channels or into the D... so if we try and take it to them, we could get picked off

Having said all that, they may come at us early to silence the crowd and increase the jitters a la the first 20mins against Oxford.

Either way I'd be happy with a 0-0, but suspect a 0-1 loss

Going to be a ding dong.... where you sitting?

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:45 - Nov 23 with 1525 viewsunstableblue

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:23 - Nov 23 by itfcjoe

My views on it all, whilst often I have some projected on me, are along the following lines.....

Whilst the football has been more entertaining generally, it all feels very hit and miss. Some of our basics are still not where they should be (defensive set pieces especially) and the style Cook wants to play can become very predictable at times.

I don't feel we have been particularly unlucky as some do, and the way we seem to not be able to win close games is very concerning. As is the record full stop in my view.

The insistence on the same style, and just doing it better is under utilising the squad at times for me, and it looks the style of football that relies very much on simply having better players than the opposition - which we mostly do, but how does that translate if we are to achieve success?

I feel it is too late to make a change, or maybe not the right time, and the Cook option needs to be exhausted more fully - but it feels very Jewell-esque at the moment where you have the odd fantastic victory that gives hope but can never string a run together.

I don't think fans realise just how poor our league position is, and how much we've got to do just to get back into the race for the play offs let alone into them. The numbers are very much against us, and whilst form has improved, it doesn't feel to me like we are purring or anything like that and our inability to win tighter games could see us basically out of it be Xmas day with ROtherham, Wigan , Sunderland and Charlton to come in the next 5.

Unless we can track along at 2 points per game then we just aren't going to trouble the top 6, it's a huge ask and whilst we should be capable of it I can see the season falling apart in the next few weeks which will just be incredibly frustrating - the season is drifting away very quickly and the fanbase doesn't seem to have noticed.

If we do have a poor run over the next 4-5 games I see no reason to keep Cook into the transfer window, time for someone else to start looking at 2022/23. Maybe someone more suited to the collegiate approach the rest of the club is setting itself up to be.

Good post. Three things:

1. Man I wish you'd been there Saturday Joe - as you just wouldn't be making this comment "Some of our basics are still not where they should be (defensive set pieces especially)".. of course you'd be right to point to the goal... but I think that was Walton losing his head more than anything, an aberration. Up until that point I'd just be sitting there going we look so solid, in control and cohesive/dominant. I went with a neutral*, who also comes to PR. He's annoying as he doesn't wear the blue goggles.. but he was saying throughout the game - "you look so strong today, so in charge, you look different", he often just slates us.(*he's not real, he lives in my imagination with Romeo Zondervan)

2. "I don't think fans realise just how poor our league position is".. my view as stated is that if we are 6/7 points off play-offs by the 1st Jan.. this will mean we will have had some OK results against tough opposition and we'll be a in a great place to blast through the Jan/Feb fixtures. BUT.. the whole point of my "How Soon Is Now" comment, is in agreement with you... we can't keep on being unlucky or the better side and losing.. we have to seize the moment..... I'm just not sure its going to come tonight this Rotherham team are ballistic, and exactly the kind of team who can find us out.

3. I agree with this point in part: "The insistence on the same style, and just doing it better is under utilising the squad at times for me, and it looks the style of football that relies very much on simply having better players than the opposition" I think its chimes with my biggest concerns, are tactically/technically better... when the system clicks we fly, especially as you say with the better players.... I do think there is some variability in the system.. but for example we need more breaking of the lines from Morsy, Evans and a CB... we need more channel ball when breaking, touchline and cutting in from wide midfielders.. full backs need to bomb on more... there is more flexibility. but Cook needs to switch the play even more when a Fraser or a Piggot replaces and Edwards or a Celina.... but to be honest I just don't think we're fully settled or gelled yet... I think the partnerships are getting messed about by injury.... BUT WATCH THIS SPACE... has to click soon.

A win tonight and you and others will be a in a very different mind set.. lose and its not the end of the world just yet... but as you say the gap is building... and we will have not seized a moment AGAIN as a team and as a club... its a decade long malaise

Imagine going into the Sunderland in front of 28k having got 8 points from Rotherham, Crewe, Charlton, Wigan... we would be rocking... but I think it may be closer to 4!!!

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:51 - Nov 23 with 1500 viewsBlueBadger

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:45 - Nov 23 by unstableblue

Good post. Three things:

1. Man I wish you'd been there Saturday Joe - as you just wouldn't be making this comment "Some of our basics are still not where they should be (defensive set pieces especially)".. of course you'd be right to point to the goal... but I think that was Walton losing his head more than anything, an aberration. Up until that point I'd just be sitting there going we look so solid, in control and cohesive/dominant. I went with a neutral*, who also comes to PR. He's annoying as he doesn't wear the blue goggles.. but he was saying throughout the game - "you look so strong today, so in charge, you look different", he often just slates us.(*he's not real, he lives in my imagination with Romeo Zondervan)

2. "I don't think fans realise just how poor our league position is".. my view as stated is that if we are 6/7 points off play-offs by the 1st Jan.. this will mean we will have had some OK results against tough opposition and we'll be a in a great place to blast through the Jan/Feb fixtures. BUT.. the whole point of my "How Soon Is Now" comment, is in agreement with you... we can't keep on being unlucky or the better side and losing.. we have to seize the moment..... I'm just not sure its going to come tonight this Rotherham team are ballistic, and exactly the kind of team who can find us out.

3. I agree with this point in part: "The insistence on the same style, and just doing it better is under utilising the squad at times for me, and it looks the style of football that relies very much on simply having better players than the opposition" I think its chimes with my biggest concerns, are tactically/technically better... when the system clicks we fly, especially as you say with the better players.... I do think there is some variability in the system.. but for example we need more breaking of the lines from Morsy, Evans and a CB... we need more channel ball when breaking, touchline and cutting in from wide midfielders.. full backs need to bomb on more... there is more flexibility. but Cook needs to switch the play even more when a Fraser or a Piggot replaces and Edwards or a Celina.... but to be honest I just don't think we're fully settled or gelled yet... I think the partnerships are getting messed about by injury.... BUT WATCH THIS SPACE... has to click soon.

A win tonight and you and others will be a in a very different mind set.. lose and its not the end of the world just yet... but as you say the gap is building... and we will have not seized a moment AGAIN as a team and as a club... its a decade long malaise

Imagine going into the Sunderland in front of 28k having got 8 points from Rotherham, Crewe, Charlton, Wigan... we would be rocking... but I think it may be closer to 4!!!

I enjoyed your first point where you you tried to say we don't make stupid defensive errors anymore...apart from when we do.

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:53 - Nov 23 with 1489 viewsHerbivore

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:23 - Nov 23 by unstableblue

Yup Herbie I think its going to be quite cagey... but with a lot of Rotherham threat on the break

What the doomsday squad don't quite realise is that our opposition have watched the Wycombe video, viewed our players, our highest scorers in the league tag, and know we are DANGER

Hence Oxford sh!thousery and Sunderland 6 players behind the ball for the majority of the match

BUT the problem with Rotherham is that they can break at pace on the ground, AND go LONG into the channels or into the D... so if we try and take it to them, we could get picked off

Having said all that, they may come at us early to silence the crowd and increase the jitters a la the first 20mins against Oxford.

Either way I'd be happy with a 0-0, but suspect a 0-1 loss

Going to be a ding dong.... where you sitting?

I'll be sitting on my sofa in Scotland watching on iFollow. The 14 hour round trip to PR is a bit much midweek.

Look, it's a game we should be capable of winning. Rotherham are an effective, solid unit but they aren't exactly brimming with quality. They're well drilled, fit, and physical. Normally that's enough to beat us but we did pretty well at Wycombe, albeit I think Rotherham are better than Wycombe are, so we've got to be aiming for 3 points to try and re-ignite some momentum. We've not scored in 2 games, a third game without a goal would be really poor at this level. It'd be Lambertesque in fact.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 10:55]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:55 - Nov 23 with 1473 viewschicoazul

Oh god.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:56 - Nov 23 with 1462 viewsunstableblue

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:51 - Nov 23 by BlueBadger

I enjoyed your first point where you you tried to say we don't make stupid defensive errors anymore...apart from when we do.

I thought you'd like that one... I know it sounds ridiculous

I guess if I rephrase.. early in the season we'd giving opposition teams multiple chances, we'd give multiple silly fouls in dangerous areas, we were making basic errors in open play, our defensive shape was so bad we'd get huge gaps between centre back and full back...

It was completely eradicated - bar a couple of moments where Clements struggled (and actually I thought he did OK in total) - until the 85th minute, and a rush of blood to Walton's head

I hope that clarifies

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:58 - Nov 23 with 1451 viewsitfcjoe

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:45 - Nov 23 by unstableblue

Good post. Three things:

A win tonight would be great, but I don't think whatever the manner of it I'll be getting too carried away as it is a bit like the Boy who cried wolf - I need to see it backed up and the start of a run rather than a very good result in isolation (which is what Portsmouth and Wycombe turned into)

Whilst we controlled the game, I don't think we create anywhere near enough for the amount of possession we have - we aren't a ,illion miles of it here with Cook, but the next step is going to be the hardest one and I haven't seen enough to suggest we are capable of it and just turning into a metronomic winning machine

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 11:01 - Nov 23 with 1430 viewsBlueBadger

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:56 - Nov 23 by unstableblue

I thought you'd like that one... I know it sounds ridiculous

I guess if I rephrase.. early in the season we'd giving opposition teams multiple chances, we'd give multiple silly fouls in dangerous areas, we were making basic errors in open play, our defensive shape was so bad we'd get huge gaps between centre back and full back...

It was completely eradicated - bar a couple of moments where Clements struggled (and actually I thought he did OK in total) - until the 85th minute, and a rush of blood to Walton's head

I hope that clarifies

So, it's been totally eradicated, apart from when it's not?

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 11:02 - Nov 23 with 1431 viewsnodge_blue

I'm not sure.

But there's a club if you'd like to go
Where you could meet
Someone who'll score a goal for you

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 12:25 - Nov 23 with 1245 viewsdavblue

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:23 - Nov 23 by itfcjoe

I feel more positive than i did this time last year about the prospects of the team and the club but there's equally a lot to be worried about and but we shouldn't be 7 points off the play offs already.

I never expected us to run away with the league, turning a ship around does take time and i think some of our fanbase and been blinded by names and the amount of signings.

We needed 9 of those players to be big hits to have had a chance.

Bonne, Edmundson, Morsy, Burns are so far what i would call big hits, the rest i have to be honest have been so, so, still a lot to prove but they deserve 18 months before a real judgement can be made on a player imo.

The wheels are either going to completely fall off the wagon up until Christmas or we will hopefully be in or close to the play offs.

It's a critical month for Cook, if he fails he's out of here i suspect unfortunately.
Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 12:36 - Nov 23 with 1216 viewsunstableblue

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 11:02 - Nov 23 by nodge_blue

I'm not sure.

But there's a club if you'd like to go
Where you could meet
Someone who'll score a goal for you

"So you go and you stand in the North Stand on your own
And you leave on your own
And you go home and you cry and you want to die"

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 12:37 - Nov 23 with 1209 viewsunstableblue

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 11:01 - Nov 23 by BlueBadger

So, it's been totally eradicated, apart from when it's not?

At what point should I start to worry? and start the proceedings on the restraining order

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 12:42 - Nov 23 with 1186 viewspennblue

Whilst a lot of what you say is true, I think the reality is, we are not likely to do either walk the next few games, or get smashed the next few games. The most likely outcome is we will fall somewhere in-between the two which is where we currently are as a team.

Given that, I would still argue the manager needs another window, it is fairly harsh to expect him to assemble a top two side in one transfer window, I guess this is your "Cook option needs to be exhausted more fully" scenario.

If of course we do get smashed and our out of it by Xmas, then I think you argue a strong point.

But that ain't gonna happen!

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 12:56 - Nov 23 with 1154 viewsPinewoodblue

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 12:42 - Nov 23 by pennblue

Whilst a lot of what you say is true, I think the reality is, we are not likely to do either walk the next few games, or get smashed the next few games. The most likely outcome is we will fall somewhere in-between the two which is where we currently are as a team.

Given that, I would still argue the manager needs another window, it is fairly harsh to expect him to assemble a top two side in one transfer window, I guess this is your "Cook option needs to be exhausted more fully" scenario.

If of course we do get smashed and our out of it by Xmas, then I think you argue a strong point.

But that ain't gonna happen!

We need to be less predictable not sure PC knows the answer. His recent comment that we are consistently inconsistent is nothing less than admission of failure on his part.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 13:16 - Nov 23 with 1098 viewsVic

Last year we were rubbish and easy fodder for all the better teams

This season we hold our own against the better team, but don’t yet get the results

I had been hoping that we’d turned the corner and this run of games would see us start to come out on top against the top teams in this wretched league. So far I’ve been disappointed, but I live in hope.

Sooner of late we have to start to to win the games that are evenly balanced. I see no reason, bar the tactics of the manager, why this shouldn’t happen. Maybe it will start tonight. One things for sure, if Cook isn’t able to get the team to progress to the next level (where we win more than we lose against the better teams, he’ll be toast.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 13:18 - Nov 23 with 1095 viewsnodge_blue

You make alot of good points.

The only thing I'd say is do the same thing but just do it better is fine. I don't see Man city, Liverpool or Chelsea changing their formations hardly at all.

By playing the same system and style you embedd habits. Chopping and changing as we did under Lambert just confuses players.

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 13:20 - Nov 23 with 1079 viewsnodge_blue

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 12:36 - Nov 23 by unstableblue

"So you go and you stand in the North Stand on your own
And you leave on your own
And you go home and you cry and you want to die"

And you go home and write extensively on a football forum

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 13:23 - Nov 23 with 1071 viewsVic

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 10:58 - Nov 23 by itfcjoe

A win tonight would be great, but I don't think whatever the manner of it I'll be getting too carried away as it is a bit like the Boy who cried wolf - I need to see it backed up and the start of a run rather than a very good result in isolation (which is what Portsmouth and Wycombe turned into)

Whilst we controlled the game, I don't think we create anywhere near enough for the amount of possession we have - we aren't a ,illion miles of it here with Cook, but the next step is going to be the hardest one and I haven't seen enough to suggest we are capable of it and just turning into a metronomic winning machine

Agree with you on this Joe. Oxford, Plymouth and Mackenzie were all tight games in which we actually played well and more than held our own. It is disappointing that in none of them could we come out on top. Like you say, we’re not far away, but need to step up to the next level. And quickly.

On the chances created - we had been doing OK with this, but it seems to have dropped away in the last few games, maybe since we tightened up the defense. Can you identify the reasons might be the case.

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 13:26 - Nov 23 with 1061 viewsVic

Paul Cook, Players, Coaching Staff - "How Soon Is Now?" on 12:25 - Nov 23 by davblue

I feel more positive than i did this time last year about the prospects of the team and the club but there's equally a lot to be worried about and but we shouldn't be 7 points off the play offs already.

I never expected us to run away with the league, turning a ship around does take time and i think some of our fanbase and been blinded by names and the amount of signings.

We needed 9 of those players to be big hits to have had a chance.

Bonne, Edmundson, Morsy, Burns are so far what i would call big hits, the rest i have to be honest have been so, so, still a lot to prove but they deserve 18 months before a real judgement can be made on a player imo.

The wheels are either going to completely fall off the wagon up until Christmas or we will hopefully be in or close to the play offs.

It's a critical month for Cook, if he fails he's out of here i suspect unfortunately.

I think you can add Walton and Chaplin to that list.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024