Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! 11:22 - Nov 23 with 2381 viewsunstableblue

They beat Cambridge on the weekend, without their best two players. Including their leading marksman who will have rested whilst we toiled and lucked out at Sunderland

They are the form side in the division, they are unbeaten in 17 matches

The had 55% possession on Saturday, 22 shots, 11 on target

They are gelled, settled, in the groove.

I’ll leave it to the Cambridge Manager to conclude:

“We’ve come up against a Championship team, who are outstanding, way above the level of any team we’ve played athletically this season.”

“ They’re a] powerful, aggressive, hard running, relentless and ruthless team. I’ll be amazed if they don’t get promoted, it’ll be a good side to finish above them. I thought they were excellent”

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:24 - Nov 23 with 1803 viewsHerbivore

Getting the excuses in early, mate.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:24 - Nov 23 with 1797 viewsTractorCam

Yep, and some fans were happy when these came down instead of Derby.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:24 - Nov 23 with 1792 viewsMrTown

We know what they are, they are a good side.

Will be an easy nights work for them.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:25 - Nov 23 with 1788 viewsDubtractor

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:24 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

Multiple times.

It's like setting the expectation that we'll lose, and that we shouldn't expect otherwise. Against Rotherham. In division 3.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:28 - Nov 23 with 1758 viewsnodge_blue

And to give some further perspective....

They are Rotherham.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:29 - Nov 23 with 1750 viewsunstableblue

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:24 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

No no no Herbie… preparing the ground for when we win 3-0.. and so fans can hale as one of the greatest victories in recent memory!!

(Nurse nurse, increase the medication)

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:31 - Nov 23 with 1719 viewsDavoIPB

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:25 - Nov 23 by Dubtractor

Multiple times.

It's like setting the expectation that we'll lose, and that we shouldn't expect otherwise. Against Rotherham. In division 3.

Nah it's just being realistic that we are mid table league 1 side and that Rotherham are at present playing well and a better side. Still think it could go either way but leaning towards a Rotherham win.
Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:32 - Nov 23 with 1714 viewspositivity

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:25 - Nov 23 by Dubtractor

Multiple times.

what was it saint mick said?

"if you give me a point now, i won't even bother getting off the bastard bus"?

as a great philosopher said, "a pessimist is never disappointed"

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Login to get fewer ads

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:34 - Nov 23 with 1693 viewsEwan_Oozami

I predicted we'd win 4-2 against Wycombe - I'm going 4-2 to us again...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:35 - Nov 23 with 1676 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Multiple times.

Or he's just stating the facts. It will be a very tough game.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:36 - Nov 23 with 1665 viewsSwansea_Blue

About time someone gave them a good hiding I reckon. 3-0, easy.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:42 - Nov 23 with 1611 viewsclive_baker

They were arguably the best team at this level when they went up last time, it was men against boys when we played them in both the home and away games. We had enough of the ball but it was largely in our own half and we barely asked anything of them. They're arguably the best team in the division this season too.

Having said that they've lost 3 games so far, and they'll lose at least a few more over the remainder. If we have no reasons to beleive Ipswich away is capable of being one of their defeats this season then are we anything close to a top 6 side? And if we've spent the money we have, and can't go into any game at home at this level with a belief we can win, then we've failed, quite frankly.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:44 - Nov 23 with 1596 viewsBramidan

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:36 - Nov 23 by Swansea_Blue

About time someone gave them a good hiding I reckon. 3-0, easy.

Trouble is we never seem able to compete with strong, physical, aggressive teams.
Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:49 - Nov 23 with 1566 viewsSitfcB

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:44 - Nov 23 by Bramidan

Trouble is we never seem able to compete with strong, physical, aggressive teams.

Like Wycombe?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:50 - Nov 23 with 1563 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:44 - Nov 23 by Bramidan

Yeah, there is that. In reality I fear a bit of a lesson, but you never know. We do have the individual quality to hurt anyone, as long as we make the most of our opportunities. But then it's always the hope that gets you.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:50 - Nov 23 with 1567 viewsSteve_M

Oliver Rathbone likely to be out ill tonight and he's been there best player this season.

Cambridge were fairly poor, we should have won that one comfortably. Especially from 2-0 up.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:59 - Nov 23 with 1514 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

They do well on a relative shoestring, fair play to them.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 12:12 - Nov 23 with 1475 viewsitfcsuth

You'd be very naïve to suggest we aren't playing a better team right now than ourselves tonight.

Does it mean we can't beat them, absolutely not, we can beat anybody in this division, but our inconsistency from week to week is costing us significantly, and unless it is solved soon will cost us this season altogether.
Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 12:13 - Nov 23 with 1469 viewsunstableblue

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:59 - Nov 23 by WestStanderLaLaLa

They do well on a relative shoestring, fair play to them.

Sixth on squad valuation, half our squad valuation, and yet flying - its more than just better players that make a team successful

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 12:14 - Nov 23 with 1457 viewsunstableblue

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:42 - Nov 23 by clive_baker

They were arguably the best team at this level when they went up last time, it was men against boys when we played them in both the home and away games. We had enough of the ball but it was largely in our own half and we barely asked anything of them. They're arguably the best team in the division this season too.

Having said that they've lost 3 games so far, and they'll lose at least a few more over the remainder. If we have no reasons to beleive Ipswich away is capable of being one of their defeats this season then are we anything close to a top 6 side? And if we've spent the money we have, and can't go into any game at home at this level with a belief we can win, then we've failed, quite frankly.

yes clive they looked a completely different level to us last season

but we can still win tonight if we give it everything

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 12:17 - Nov 23 with 1440 viewsDinDjarin

Wycombe?

Proves that if you get the ball down and play then being the biggest bruiser team can be negated quite easily.
Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 12:21 - Nov 23 with 1416 viewsHerbivore

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 12:13 - Nov 23 by unstableblue

Sixth on squad valuation, half our squad valuation, and yet flying - its more than just better players that make a team successful

I believe you also need a better manager and more desire?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

No I'll give YOU some PERSPECTIVE on 12:23 - Nov 23 with 1409 viewsunstableblue

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 11:28 - Nov 23 by nodge_blue

And to give some further perspective....

They are Rotherham.

'They are Rotherham'

OK well 'we are Ipswich' and then me just clarify that

17/18 Season - 12th in league one, 15 points off the play-offs, -3 GD, playing some of the worst brand of football in living memory, boos and poison on the stands, manager sacked
18/19 - One of, if not, one of the worst managerial appointments in Town history, player dissent, new players completely out of their depth, relegation to Division 1
19/20 - Promising summer prep and early season form, then manager completely disconnects, and seems to be suffering from some deep issues, team falls apart and has no attacking potency
20/21 - Squad is now really unbalanced, inferior, and includes players who no longer want or should be at the club, repeat of 19/21.. stagnation, Cook fails to connect with dressing room, we finish 9th, 5 points off play-offs, 0 GD.
21/22 - 18 new players, complete rebuild of club on and off the pitch, loads of promise and some great displays, entertainment increasing, but our consistency is our inconsistency

And those five seasons what have Rotherham done? is it two promotions and dominating league one

So yeah - we are Ipswich...!!! wake up

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 12:24 - Nov 23 with 1403 viewsunstableblue

Just to give some further perspective on Rotherham!! on 12:21 - Nov 23 by Herbivore

I believe you also need a better manager and more desire?

Now you're getting it Herbie (but its better system, tactics and technical set-up (that can come from a coaching team not just a single manager)... shall we, after tonight's match, together use the model to assess the performance... GO on?

No I'll give YOU some PERSPECTIVE on 13:25 - Nov 23 with 1240 viewsnodge_blue

No I'll give YOU some PERSPECTIVE on 12:23 - Nov 23 by unstableblue

'They are Rotherham'

OK well 'we are Ipswich' and then me just clarify that

17/18 Season - 12th in league one, 15 points off the play-offs, -3 GD, playing some of the worst brand of football in living memory, boos and poison on the stands, manager sacked
18/19 - One of, if not, one of the worst managerial appointments in Town history, player dissent, new players completely out of their depth, relegation to Division 1
19/20 - Promising summer prep and early season form, then manager completely disconnects, and seems to be suffering from some deep issues, team falls apart and has no attacking potency
20/21 - Squad is now really unbalanced, inferior, and includes players who no longer want or should be at the club, repeat of 19/21.. stagnation, Cook fails to connect with dressing room, we finish 9th, 5 points off play-offs, 0 GD.
21/22 - 18 new players, complete rebuild of club on and off the pitch, loads of promise and some great displays, entertainment increasing, but our consistency is our inconsistency

And those five seasons what have Rotherham done? is it two promotions and dominating league one

So yeah - we are Ipswich...!!! wake up

Too much serious introspection :-).

Let's do em 4-0.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024