Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Where to even start? 22:18 - Nov 23 with 1550 viewsFunge

That was dreadful.

Edmundson MOTM by an absolute street; not that captaincy counts for so much nowadays, but he absolutely gets the armband ahead of Morsy.

The rest of them? Morsy OK first half, Evans went hiding, and Cook's decision to play three No. 10s in the middle is up there with the most baffling decisions taken by a manager at PR. Poor Bonne, did he touch the ball more than 5 times?

Nice guy he may be, but Cook's team are so far off a well-organised Rotherham side, who needed to do little more than relentlessly press tonight, that the argument to replace him, to save the season, is very loud indeed.

It was a rabble tonight, as clueless as many of Lambert's games last season, and, more worryingly, Cook's in the back end of said season.

I wonder how the Yanks will view this. We've given underperformance too much indulgence and patience at this club over the past 13 years; and now here we are.

He should go, but will he?
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 22:20]
Where to even start? on 22:22 - Nov 23 with 1464 viewsLeoMuff

Just can’t see it, why give him a blank cheque to re make the whole squad only to bin at likely huge expense after 19 league games.

They might surprise me, but it’s going to cost them big time so I’m not convinced it will happen.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Where to even start? on 22:23 - Nov 23 with 1441 viewsIllinoisblue

Evans and Fraser passengers tonight. Bonne isolated. Chaplin shocking. Toto shaky. Horrific performance from start to finish.

Time running out for Cook and I wouldn’t care if he’s fired tomorrow to be honest.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Where to even start? on 22:24 - Nov 23 with 1425 viewspointofblue

Agree with most of that EXCEPT Edmundson was poor and rescued more than once by Walton after mistiming headers. I also thought Evans was one of our better players who was one of the only players who tried to recycle the ball whilst Morsy was off the boil, as he has been for a while.

#packoutpr will rapidly become #pauloutpr unless he can find something from somewhere very quickly.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Where to even start? on 22:24 - Nov 23 with 1412 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Where to even start? on 22:22 - Nov 23 by LeoMuff

Just can’t see it, why give him a blank cheque to re make the whole squad only to bin at likely huge expense after 19 league games.

They might surprise me, but it’s going to cost them big time so I’m not convinced it will happen.

Nonsense to suggest that he wont be sacked because of the money he spent.

A new manager would rightly be expected to work with the existing squad, but coach them properly and have a Plan B.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Where to even start? on 22:26 - Nov 23 with 1371 viewsSwansea_Blue

I thought Edmundson was poor and essentially cost us the first goal. Funny old game innit.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Where to even start? on 22:26 - Nov 23 with 1358 viewsFunge

Where to even start? on 22:22 - Nov 23 by LeoMuff

Possibly because, despite all the tedious bitching and moaning on here (Cook in/ out/ made out of chocolate etc etc), the past month was always going to be a good barometer of how we would compete this year.

Banging result against Wycombe, firmly offset by poor results against Plymouth, Oxford & Mackems, and then tonight's travesty.

We're miles off competing for the top, and apparently now some distance from the playoffs. This after spending all the money in the summer.

Do the Yanks want to save the season, as it is rapidly disappearing out of sight?

That, for me, is the question.
Where to even start? on 22:30 - Nov 23 with 1288 viewsLeoMuff

Where to even start? on 22:24 - Nov 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nonsense to suggest that he wont be sacked because of the money he spent.

A new manager would rightly be expected to work with the existing squad, but coach them properly and have a Plan B.

Not necessarily, most are Cooks men and I could see many wanting out. Plus new guy would be expecting his own players, alll standard stuff in football when there is a reasonable budget.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Where to even start? on 22:30 - Nov 23 with 1289 viewsCoastalblue

Cook is starting to remind me of Royster, only instead of centre half everywhere he's gone the other direction and wants to play number 10's everywhere.

Actually he reminds me of me on FM when every time I see a flair player I can afford I have to buy them, and then try and fit them all in the team.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Login to get fewer ads

Where to even start? on 22:37 - Nov 23 with 1177 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Where to even start? on 22:30 - Nov 23 by LeoMuff

Not necessarily, most are Cooks men and I could see many wanting out. Plus new guy would be expecting his own players, alll standard stuff in football when there is a reasonable budget.

They'll all have short memories.

Can't see any wanting out. None of them have any right to complain.

There would be no great clear out if a new man comes in.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Where to even start? on 23:24 - Nov 23 with 1041 views3_5_2

Where to even start? on 22:23 - Nov 23 by Illinoisblue

Evans and Fraser passengers tonight. Bonne isolated. Chaplin shocking. Toto shaky. Horrific performance from start to finish.

Time running out for Cook and I wouldn’t care if he’s fired tomorrow to be honest.

Exactly how I feel Illy.

I went not expecting much. Never moved when they scored as it was coming, joined in the general malaise at PR. I have never seen such a flat game under lights. It’s like everyone has given up (fans included)

Edmundson was immense. Sadly on his own.

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Where to even start? on 23:43 - Nov 23 with 934 viewsChurchman

Where to even start? on 22:30 - Nov 23 by LeoMuff

They are contracted to Ipswich Town, not Cook. If our apology of a manager is replaced by Vlad the Impaler, they are contracted to this club and will have to get on with it. If they only signed because of Cook, they’ve a funny way of showing it.

A month ago I thought Cook had done enough to keep his job to seasons end. Wrong, I think it’s time to show that American ruthlessness and replace him. With who? I’ve absolutely no idea.
Where to even start? on 00:51 - Nov 24 with 822 viewsbournemouthblue

It's three number 10's two of which aren't particularly fast against a side with lively attacking players who ran us all over the shop

Definitely a strange selection against a side who have always been more athletic than us in this League One era

They're very much the kind of side I'd consider our krpytonite, losing to them is no shame when you look at their position but the manner was depressjng

This result really exacerbates the inability to put Sunderland to the sword

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Where to even start? on 06:11 - Nov 24 with 658 viewsChondzoresk

Where to even start? on 22:23 - Nov 23 by Illinoisblue

I was pro Cook…..until tonight. Sorry, it was so poor it was unbelievable. Buck stops with you PC and your staff.

But, if you get rid of him…..who the hell do you get?
Where to even start? on 06:51 - Nov 24 with 557 viewsIwasthere

Where to even start? on 06:11 - Nov 24 by Chondzoresk

I was pro Cook…..until tonight. Sorry, it was so poor it was unbelievable. Buck stops with you PC and your staff.

But, if you get rid of him…..who the hell do you get?

That's what Ashton is paid for, not TWTDs posters. It's about time he commented on the club's position and stopped sitting on the fence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024