Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sacking Cook would be ridiculous! 22:32 - Nov 23 with 1095 viewsbrazil1981

All very well these big time Charlies in the Prem sacking managers after 6 months, but at this level it doesn’t work! Most successful clubs at this level bring someone in, show a bit of patience, and let him build something over a couple of years.

His proved he can successful over several years at several clubs, so let’s just see. I know the argument about the Wigan guy as his assistant will be brought up…well eventually time will tell, but a few bad results happens to the best football sometimes!
Sacking Cook would be ridiculous! on 22:33 - Nov 23 with 1046 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bad results outweigh the good ones at the minute.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Sacking Cook would be ridiculous! on 22:34 - Nov 23 with 1021 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Er...time will tell? Time has told fella.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Sacking Cook would be ridiculous! on 22:35 - Nov 23 with 1016 viewspointofblue

How much time until we can tell? Going backwards at a rate of knots not enough?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Sacking Cook would be ridiculous! on 22:35 - Nov 23 with 995 viewschrismakin

Sorry but keeping cook will be imo

It's not just about short term results

It's about the feel good factor.. when that's gone.. it's tough to bring it back... a new manager will need patience just like all others as you mention... but he won't get that if it follows months and months of pain.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Sacking Cook would be ridiculous! on 22:36 - Nov 23 with 960 viewsSteve_M

You spelt overdue wrong. It’s not working.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Sacking Cook would be ridiculous! on 22:37 - Nov 23 with 955 viewscressi

Sacking Cook would be ridiculous! on 22:35 - Nov 23 by chrismakin

Sorry but keeping cook will be imo

It's not just about short term results

It's about the feel good factor.. when that's gone.. it's tough to bring it back... a new manager will need patience just like all others as you mention... but he won't get that if it follows months and months of pain.

Really seems to work at different levels for Watford and Chelsea
Sacking Cook would be ridiculous! (n/t) on 22:37 - Nov 23 with 936 viewsbrazil1981

Sacking Cook would be ridiculous! on 22:34 - Nov 23 by OriginalMarkyP

Er...time will tell? Time has told fella.

Sacking Cook would be ridiculous! on 22:38 - Nov 23 with 923 viewsParky

Absolutely spot on mate. So many commented about not wanting to be a club that recycle through multiple managers every season.
Login to get fewer ads

Sacking Cook would be ridiculous! on 22:39 - Nov 23 with 881 viewshomer_123

I think we are at the point where we can see what Cook and his team are capable of.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Sacking Cook would be ridiculous! on 22:39 - Nov 23 with 868 viewsclive_baker

<30% win ratio, in L1, with the budget we have. It's dire.

I'm not suggesting he should be sacked, I think that would be premature, but it's not hard to make the case for it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sacking Cook would be ridiculous! on 22:39 - Nov 23 with 861 viewsblueboyd

doing a great job isn't he... jesus.....
Sacking Cook would be ridiculous! on 23:18 - Nov 23 with 688 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Why would it be ridiculous?

I was Cook's fervent supporter so tonight I am totally heartbroken to say that I want him out.

He was my no.1 choice and now letting me down big time. His 4-2-3-1 may have worked elsewhere but it doesn't for us. Why does he remain stubborn with it? He has a big squad and plenty of scope to tweak/change things. But he doesn't. The game has proved how far we are from Rotherham and top 2. Such a big squad, the tools provided by owners and what.....midtable in League One.

We had:
1. Long years of s**t under Evans and thousands of happy clappers defending him.
2. The terrible managers in Hurst and Lambert.
3. The terrible players who took us down without a fight and showed no appetite to get the club out of this league and return to the Championship. They were just content to pick up their wages and the club was a charity to them.
4. The long years where the failure/mediocrity was accepted by the large percent of this fanbase.

The only good thing Cook has done for us was to kick those players out of the club last May. Nothing else.

He has got everything to build something good. But it doesn't work. He is obsessed with one system that doesn't work.

We have 20+ goals striker on the bench who only gets 5-10 mins every now and then. Why is like that? Because the manager is so stubborn.

Lost my faith in him.

Sack him ! Enough is enough ! No more capacity for further disappointment given these 4 factors I have mentioned above. We need a better future and no more disappointments !
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 23:21]
Sacking Cook would be ridiculous! on 08:10 - Nov 24 with 405 viewsrfretwell

Sacking Cook would be ridiculous! on 23:18 - Nov 23 by Mach_foreignBlue

Why would it be ridiculous?

I was Cook's fervent supporter so tonight I am totally heartbroken to say that I want him out.

He was my no.1 choice and now letting me down big time. His 4-2-3-1 may have worked elsewhere but it doesn't for us. Why does he remain stubborn with it? He has a big squad and plenty of scope to tweak/change things. But he doesn't. The game has proved how far we are from Rotherham and top 2. Such a big squad, the tools provided by owners and what.....midtable in League One.

We had:
1. Long years of s**t under Evans and thousands of happy clappers defending him.
2. The terrible managers in Hurst and Lambert.
3. The terrible players who took us down without a fight and showed no appetite to get the club out of this league and return to the Championship. They were just content to pick up their wages and the club was a charity to them.
4. The long years where the failure/mediocrity was accepted by the large percent of this fanbase.

The only good thing Cook has done for us was to kick those players out of the club last May. Nothing else.

He has got everything to build something good. But it doesn't work. He is obsessed with one system that doesn't work.

We have 20+ goals striker on the bench who only gets 5-10 mins every now and then. Why is like that? Because the manager is so stubborn.

Lost my faith in him.

Sack him ! Enough is enough ! No more capacity for further disappointment given these 4 factors I have mentioned above. We need a better future and no more disappointments !
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 23:21]

Love it Mack_foreignblue - if we could only get Klop in we wouldnt have to suffer any more disappointments!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024