Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get a grip people! 23:09 - Nov 23 with 1427 viewsbrazil1981

Yes disappointing performance tonight (against a top of the League, bang in form team), and we’re not obviously where we want to be currently! Confidence is obviously low but I dont think we need to panic yet I honestly don’t!

From where we were in the Spring under Evans & Lambert it was always going to be a project which would take a year or two. Personally I think we’ve now got better owners, better CEO, better players and yes…a better manager!

If our League position doesn’t improve over a year or so Im sure they’ll act, but it’s way too early!
Get a grip people! on 23:12 - Nov 23 with 1368 viewsrgp1

It's a shame our players don't get a grip on the games. Clearly you are happy with a 50 million investment in a mid table division 3 side!
Get a grip people! on 23:12 - Nov 23 with 1371 viewsSomethingBlue

Off the pitch we are gearing up to be a decent Championship club. That's clearly the intention on it too. So spot the key component that's failing badly.

There isn't time to pray for something to come together — the momentum around the club is superb, the fans are turning out in incredible numbers, there is every indication that if this is managed well it could really turn into something ... but that means meeting the moment, and the team's management simply aren't doing it.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Get a grip people! on 23:13 - Nov 23 with 1353 viewsBlueBadger

This is the second promotion campaign with an expensively assembled squad that Cook is failing at. We fail this season and a fair chunk of it will be gone.

Im not panicking here. Enough is enough. It's not happening here. He's basically Lambert, only without the free beer and being applauded into relegation.

We should stop accepting and excusing mediocrity.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Get a grip people! on 23:13 - Nov 23 with 1344 viewsN2_Blue

Open your eyes. You are kidding yourself.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Get a grip people! on 23:14 - Nov 23 with 1309 viewsblueboyd

you get a grip

how on earth you can be happy with this pathetic trash is beyond me.
Get a grip people! on 23:15 - Nov 23 with 1304 viewsbrazil1981

Get a grip people! on 23:13 - Nov 23 by N2_Blue

Open your eyes. You are kidding yourself.

Ffs you lot 🤦🏼‍♂️, as I say…get a grip! Of course I’m not happy with where we are….oh I give up, I’m going to bed!

Think you lot should as well, you sound very tired to me!
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 23:20]
Get a grip people! on 23:16 - Nov 23 with 1275 viewshomer_123

A year or so? Really?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Get a grip people! on 23:17 - Nov 23 with 1265 viewsIllinoisblue

What part of no shots on target at home are you enthused by? What is it about being bottom half of divison 3 that gives you cause for optimism?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Get a grip people! on 23:18 - Nov 23 with 1240 viewsWickets

For me i am not sure PC has proved he is a better manager that our recent others . I hope he can grow into the job but his record so far does little to inspire confidence !
Get a grip people! on 23:29 - Nov 23 with 1150 viewsChurchman

Top of the League? Top of League One you mean. Old Division Three. A tinpot rubbish standard league that requires very little to get out of. A team that is organised, knows what they are doing, has heart and a modicum of ability walks out of this division. We have the last one of those, but not the other three.

Yes, the project will take time and many good things are being done, but that’s a waste of time and money if the manager and the team cannot deliver. Nearly half a season gone says they can’t. The last few games was always going to be the acid test. They’ve failed it.

Comparing Lambert to Cook is pointless. Lambert was awful, Cook has proven inept to date. It’s like comparing bins of garbage and deciding which one smells least bad.
Get a grip people! on 07:16 - Nov 24 with 836 viewschrismakin

Get a grip people! on 23:17 - Nov 23 by Illinoisblue

What part of no shots on target at home are you enthused by? What is it about being bottom half of divison 3 that gives you cause for optimism?

Correction 1 shot at home on the 92nd minute illnois lol
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 7:16]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Get a grip people! on 07:21 - Nov 24 with 810 viewswitchdoctor

Get a grip people! on 23:15 - Nov 23 by brazil1981

Ffs you lot 🤦🏼‍♂️, as I say…get a grip! Of course I’m not happy with where we are….oh I give up, I’m going to bed!

Think you lot should as well, you sound very tired to me!
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 23:20]

you couldn’t have been there last night to witness that shambles….I can understand that statement following the previous game where we were a bit hard done by…but last night?..no way there can be any excuses for such a pitiful performance..
Get a grip people! on 07:26 - Nov 24 with 787 viewswkj

I wont downvote you as I appreciate your optimism - but take a critical look at your first paragraph.

"Yes disappointing performance tonight (against a top of the League, bang in form team)"

Our board of directors wants to be a top of the league team, the resources at our disposal should make this possible.

"and we’re not obviously where we want to be currently!"

we're not where we should be currently.

"Confidence is obviously low"

We had chances to play well against some lower league 2 teams, and we limped home in three games. Confidence shouldn't be low after that run of games - who is responsible for breeding confidence? Cook and the coaches.

"but I dont think we need to panic yet I honestly don’t!"
Sitting 12th in L2 when we're approaching the halfway line is not a hallmark of a team chasing promotion. Maybe not time to panic, but it is definitely beyond the point where Paul Cook should be feeling pressure from the fans. Numerically, Cook has not achieved anything better than Paul Lambert - and that simply isn't acceptable.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Get a grip people! on 08:10 - Nov 24 with 706 viewsOldboy

Those that think this is going to magically change need to get a grip.
Get a grip people! on 08:14 - Nov 24 with 692 viewschicoazul

I’ve been reading people telling other people to stop panicking flouncing and blaming on TWTD for years now.

Tell me; when do you think *is* the right time for a good old bit of panic, given we are at our lowest ebb in living memory?
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 8:16]

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Get a grip people! on 08:19 - Nov 24 with 651 viewsBlueBadger

Get a grip people! on 23:12 - Nov 23 by rgp1

It's a shame our players don't get a grip on the games. Clearly you are happy with a 50 million investment in a mid table division 3 side!

The Football Is Better Now.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Get a grip people! on 08:30 - Nov 24 with 611 viewsChurchman

Get a grip people! on 08:10 - Nov 24 by Oldboy

Those that think this is going to magically change need to get a grip.

Here we are, lower mid table old Division 3 (three!!!) with more resources than half this rubbish division put together. We should expect better and so should the club. Getting a grip is doing something about It, not doing a Mr Macawber and hoping something will turn up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024