Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, that was chastening 23:49 - Nov 23 with 942 viewsjayessess

Think the worst thing about it was how run of the mill it was. When Bolton battered us they scored virtually every shot on target against a team that were a total shambles in terms of organisation.

But tonight we didn't even fall apart for most of it, we just weren't good enough to hurt them even slightly. I'm not sure we were even below par particularly, just our usual selves.

Dare I say it, totally indistinguishable from the defeats to Rotherham in 2019-20.

Made me wonder - did we recruit badly? Are we stuck with a group that just doesn't function at the level we've paid for? Or is it just Cook?

Either way, I can't see that he survives many more of these. From the reaction at the end you can see how close the club is to burning up the goodwill generated in the takeover. The idea that it's a good idea to let that go on until the Summer and even to next year is laughable.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2021 23:58]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Well, that was chastening on 23:53 - Nov 23 with 893 viewsBseaBlue

It now becomes a very precarious time for the club doesn't it....The pack out PR campaign has been a roaring success but if our season carries on in this manner it will turn sour quickly.
Well, that was chastening on 23:57 - Nov 23 with 849 viewsJDB23

Said before the game I've never been less confident of a win since being in league 1 and it played out just as expected. They were in complete control from start to finish without breaking a sweat.

That formation just does not work with those players but Cook would rather fall on his sword than make a change to suit what is available/the opposition.
Well, that was chastening on 00:00 - Nov 24 with 819 viewstractorboy1978

A big problem for me is he seems to think he can interchange players with different attributes into the same system and it'll just work because they are good players. Two defensive full backs with little attacking intent and 3 number 10's that all wanted to play centrally. Obvious we were going to lack width before a ball was kicked.

Tonight - Clements/Donacien with Celina and Fraser in front
Wycombe away - KVY/Coulson (started) with Edwards and Burns in front

You cannot play in the same manner with those two sets of options, yet he tries to.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 0:01]
Well, that was chastening on 00:02 - Nov 24 with 796 viewsjayessess

Well, that was chastening on 23:57 - Nov 23 by JDB23

Said before the game I've never been less confident of a win since being in league 1 and it played out just as expected. They were in complete control from start to finish without breaking a sweat.

That formation just does not work with those players but Cook would rather fall on his sword than make a change to suit what is available/the opposition.

I think we could've lined up in any formation this evening and still got beat in a similar way, tbh. I thought for all the gulf in budget they had better players and better tactical fundamentals.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Well, that was chastening on 00:03 - Nov 24 with 784 viewsBseaBlue

Well, that was chastening on 00:00 - Nov 24 by tractorboy1978

A big problem for me is he seems to think he can interchange players with different attributes into the same system and it'll just work because they are good players. Two defensive full backs with little attacking intent and 3 number 10's that all wanted to play centrally. Obvious we were going to lack width before a ball was kicked.

Tonight - Clements/Donacien with Celina and Fraser in front
Wycombe away - KVY/Coulson (started) with Edwards and Burns in front

You cannot play in the same manner with those two sets of options, yet he tries to.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 0:01]

Yes, have to agree. It all seems very 'Lambert-esque' doesn't it. Throwing players in and hoping that we will have enough quality individually to overturn the opposition as opposed to having a tactical plan.
Well, that was chastening on 00:08 - Nov 24 with 750 viewsJDB23

Well, that was chastening on 00:02 - Nov 24 by jayessess

I think we could've lined up in any formation this evening and still got beat in a similar way, tbh. I thought for all the gulf in budget they had better players and better tactical fundamentals.

Oh I agree, but I think we could have at least made it more competitive if we were slightly more flexible.
Well, that was chastening on 00:10 - Nov 24 with 739 viewsbournemouthblue

Well, that was chastening on 00:02 - Nov 24 by jayessess

They look a decent side with lively attacking players, it's not the first time we have struggled with them

The challenge later in the season is to make sure we are dealing with them far better than we did tonight

In regards to Norwood who has clearly been cast adrift but keeps getting a mention, I do actually wonder how well he'd do in this much fabled number 10 role, not that we are likely to find out sadly.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024