Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We don't need a manager..... 10:08 - Nov 24 with 754 viewsBloots

...we need a decent "coach" backed up by a decent coaching team.

We need someone who can identify the strengths and weaknesses of the opposition and set us up to counteract the strengths and expose the weaknesses.

We need someone that can set us up differently depending on the opposition.

We need someone that can adapt quickly "in game" to take into account how the game is progressing.

We need someone that can surprise the opposition with a tactical change or a change of formation.

We are so easy to play against.

We don't need "a motivator", we don't need a cheerleader, we don't need someone with "contacts", we don't need "good training drills", we don't need a good PR man,

Football has moved on, we need to.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

We don't need a manager..... on 10:13 - Nov 24 with 721 viewsBseaBlue

By all accounts a head coach is part of the new structure which is refreshing (when the change does eventually happen....)

Reading your description below, would Paul Warne be someone to consider? I know Rotherham haven't pulled up any trees in the championship but then they have had limited resources.

No more Paul's and all that though.....
We don't need a manager..... on 10:17 - Nov 24 with 700 viewsWeekender

As posted elsewhere we need the management/coaching TEAM. Cook + Richardson

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

No, he's a budgie.... on 10:19 - Nov 24 with 689 viewsBloots

We don't need a manager..... on 10:13 - Nov 24 by BseaBlue

By all accounts a head coach is part of the new structure which is refreshing (when the change does eventually happen....)

Reading your description below, would Paul Warne be someone to consider? I know Rotherham haven't pulled up any trees in the championship but then they have had limited resources.

....personally I'd ideally be looking at someone from within a current set up above our level.

An U23 coach/reserve coach learning from a top level coach is probably what we should be thinking.

Ashton and his team can take care of all the "traditional" stuff, let the coach concentrate on coaching.

No, we don't need Cook. (n/t) on 10:19 - Nov 24 with 681 viewsBloots

We don't need a manager..... on 10:17 - Nov 24 by Weekender

As posted elsewhere we need the management/coaching TEAM. Cook + Richardson

No, we don't need Cook. (n/t) on 10:21 - Nov 24 with 670 viewsWeekender

No, we don't need Cook. (n/t) on 10:19 - Nov 24 by Bloots

Maybe I should have said needed instead of need.

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

We don't need a manager..... on 10:21 - Nov 24 with 668 viewsWD19

It will be Nigel Pearson once Bristol City get around to sacking him.
No, he's a budgie.... on 10:24 - Nov 24 with 649 viewsFixed_It

No, he's a budgie.... on 10:19 - Nov 24 by Bloots

....personally I'd ideally be looking at someone from within a current set up above our level.

An U23 coach/reserve coach learning from a top level coach is probably what we should be thinking.

Ashton and his team can take care of all the "traditional" stuff, let the coach concentrate on coaching.

'An U23 coach/reserve coach learning from a top level coach'.
You mean someone like Franny Jeffers was at Everton?
You see - it's not that easy...
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 10:25]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

But it's not my job.... on 10:32 - Nov 24 with 613 viewsBloots

No, he's a budgie.... on 10:24 - Nov 24 by Fixed_It

'An U23 coach/reserve coach learning from a top level coach'.
You mean someone like Franny Jeffers was at Everton?
You see - it's not that easy...
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 10:25]

...to select the next manager, I'd hope Ashton has more idea than I do.

Although to counteract your argument Jeffers may well be a top level coach in the making, I expect that currently he's just doing whatever his boss tells him.

Login to get fewer ads

We don't need a manager..... on 10:37 - Nov 24 with 591 viewstextbackup

We don't need a manager..... on 10:13 - Nov 24 by BseaBlue

Paul Warne is norwich through and through

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

We don't need a manager..... on 10:40 - Nov 24 with 582 viewsOriginalMarkyP

...we just need a friend.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

We don't need a manager..... on 10:45 - Nov 24 with 570 viewsGlasgowBlue

Spot on. Our inability to change the pattern of a game, surprise the opposition and Cook's inflexibility is killing us this season.

Even when we are in control of games, like Sunderland, we don't seem to be able to tweek it enough to turn the possession into goals.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

We don't need a manager..... on 10:48 - Nov 24 with 556 viewsSteve_M

Cook very much looks like an Evans era appointment, he manages like the worst of them did too. Really strange that the kitman from Wigan and an ex-player with no coaching experience are adding so little.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

We don't need a manager..... on 11:07 - Nov 24 with 506 viewsitfcjoe

It feels like Cook the wrong manager for the strusture in place - and that he was left in position as a promotion expert and 'gun for hire' to get us to the next phase quickly before we can enact the longer term part of the plan

Unfortunately the gun for hire is firing blanks, so we need to expedite his removal and replacement.

A few names to keep an eye on - Michael Appleton the obvious one, but Ian Burchnall is another although probably too early for him, but he's well liked by the new setup

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

We don't need a manager..... on 11:16 - Nov 24 with 466 viewsXYZ

We don't need a manager..... on 11:07 - Nov 24 by itfcjoe

It feels like Cook the wrong manager for the strusture in place - and that he was left in position as a promotion expert and 'gun for hire' to get us to the next phase quickly before we can enact the longer term part of the plan

Unfortunately the gun for hire is firing blanks, so we need to expedite his removal and replacement.

A few names to keep an eye on - Michael Appleton the obvious one, but Ian Burchnall is another although probably too early for him, but he's well liked by the new setup

Indeed. The most important appointment in the project is the manager/ coach who will get us from the Championship to the Premier League.

That was never going to be Cook.

I suspect the thinking was that as he was in situ and had a decent CV at this level he couldn't fail to get us up with the funds that were going to be spent.

As soon as it looks unlikely that we'll make the play-offs he'll be gone.
We don't need a manager..... on 11:25 - Nov 24 with 421 viewsitfc_stow

Honestly wonder how difference getting McGreal on a short term contract would have helped us defensively, so many goals we have been conceding could have been so prevented with just a little bit of defensive nouse it’s incredible.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024