Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok, come on then… 11:55 - Nov 24 with 4822 viewsSitfcB

…who wants a fight?

Just joking.

Nail your colours to the mast so to speak, last night seems to have ‘turned the tide’ quite a bit and I can’t believe we’re in this situation of discussing the future of Paul Cook after just 19 games in.

Do you genuinely think Cook is the wrong man and should go or do you understand the project and have the patience required?

Personally it’s way to early to be calling for his head, whilst obviously disappointed we are where we are it’s really not the end of world yet. This is a major work in progress - we are effectively a new club. New owners. A new board. New background staff, playing wise and ‘office’ wise. A new manager. A whole new playing squad. Forget last season and the past, this season was the start of something new.

Cook should have until the end of NEXT season in my opinion, unless things go drastically wrong in the next few months, which I don’t think it will, we will be in the hunt for the play-offs all season, this league is poor. Truly believe the second half of the season will be when we see the fruits of the forest from our squad.

Changing manager will be more of a hindrance than help. Time and patience is STILL very much required.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Ok, come on then… on 12:00 - Nov 24 with 2784 viewswkj

He needs to show improvement - and really, he's showing decline right now. That's not clutching at straws. If Cook can show a phased improvement over time- give him time, but we're still screwing up games we're in charge of, letting weaker teams play and drastically changing the momentum of games after making 2nd half subs.

I am all for giving the bloke time, if he shows improvement. Tonking teams start to count for little when we can't put teams like Colchester and Oldham away without a struggle. Yes, those were cup games - but easily should have been momentum builders rather than momentum killers.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ok, come on then… on 12:02 - Nov 24 with 2780 viewsIllinoisblue

Good fishing. Especially the bit about “understanding the project”

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ok, come on then… on 12:03 - Nov 24 with 2753 viewsHerbivore

3/10. Way too obvious.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ok, come on then… on 12:03 - Nov 24 with 2749 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Less obvious than last nights effort, yet will get less bites

4/10

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I liked the way he.... on 12:03 - Nov 24 with 2747 viewsBloots

Ok, come on then… on 12:02 - Nov 24 by Illinoisblue

....put "NEXT" in capital letters.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Ok, come on then… on 12:04 - Nov 24 with 2744 viewsStokieBlue

Whilst I know you're not really interested, I will answer.

His specific brand of 4231 has been totally sussed out, even by lower league opposition who have run us close lately.

We are simply to slow, predictable and thus easy to defend against.

It's hard to see how that changes without a major change in attitude and outlook from Cook.

The squad looks ripe for 352 and it's working well for Plymouth and Rotherham, seems absurd to religiously stick to 4231 for the sake of it.

SB
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 12:04]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ok, come on then… on 12:04 - Nov 24 with 2719 viewsGuthrum

Fruits of the forest are full of pips that get stuck in your teeth.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Ok, come on then… on 12:05 - Nov 24 with 2711 viewsXYZ

The "do you agree with me or are you wrong?" thing is a bit too obvious.
Login to get fewer ads

Ok, come on then… on 12:07 - Nov 24 with 2661 viewsquirkie

I predicted we would finish 8th this season, no way we were going to get promoted this season and that is proving to be correct.

Cook will need another season, basically if we are not in the top 6 this time in 12 months then probably will be time to let Cook go.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 16:50]

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Ok, come on then… on 12:08 - Nov 24 with 2655 viewsN2_Blue

In 30+ games he has proved he is not good enough to manage Ipswich Town. His inability to try anything other than his preferred approach is what pi sses me off most.

I want him gone. I have patience but i see nothing in Paul Cook's tenure to think he will be successful here.

he has been a good manager but he is the wrong manager for ITFC. I was wrong when i said i wanted him appointed. His one system approach should have set the alarm bells ringing but i assumed it would work. I was wrong. ME was wrong.

Hopefully Ashton and Co won't be wrong when they choose their man.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Ok, come on then… on 12:08 - Nov 24 with 2653 viewsSitfcB

Absolutely not fishing at all, just want peoples genuine opinions and to have a reasoned debate but that doesn’t seem possible on here when it comes to football these days.

COYB

Ok, come on then… on 12:13 - Nov 24 with 2588 viewsketton_itfc

I don’t blame people questioning PC but he has to have this season. Otherwise why let him get in 19 players only to get rid of him half way through?

It’s frustrating but I’ve seen enough to see some progress but he needs a bloody strong 2nd half of season and a decent January window. Centr back and left back priorities.
Ok, come on then… on 12:16 - Nov 24 with 2562 viewsGlasgowBlue

He's got until after the Sunderland home game.

If we are in the top 6 or just a few points adrift with a decent run of form then he stays. Anything less and the trigger has to be pulled.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Ok, come on then… on 12:26 - Nov 24 with 2514 viewsN2_Blue

Ok, come on then… on 12:16 - Nov 24 by GlasgowBlue

If we are in the top 6 or just a few points adrift with a decent run of form then he stays. Anything less and the trigger has to be pulled.

So you are saying even if he wins his next 4 games it may not be good enough.

If we win the next four (including v Sunderland)we will be at least 4-5 points outside playoffs still.

I think our fans don't realise how far adrift we are and how many sides are between us and 6th.

The top 6 is bust...not happening. Need to wake up and realise that. Chances of us winning the next 4 games...zero. There is optimism and there is realism. Best case scenario would probably be 9 points out of 12 but that is extremely optimistic and i don't think will happen. He needs to go now. Not of this wait and see crap. Fleetwood took action, United took action, we always dither too long. We need to be decisive.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Ok, come on then… on 12:26 - Nov 24 with 2513 viewsclive_baker

You've gone to a lot of effort there, bless you.

Unfortunately, like a Paul Cook side, you're all too predicatable though.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Ok, come on then… on 12:27 - Nov 24 with 2496 viewsSitfcB

Ok, come on then… on 12:04 - Nov 24 by StokieBlue

Whilst I know you're not really interested, I will answer.

His specific brand of 4231 has been totally sussed out, even by lower league opposition who have run us close lately.

We are simply to slow, predictable and thus easy to defend against.

It's hard to see how that changes without a major change in attitude and outlook from Cook.

The squad looks ripe for 352 and it's working well for Plymouth and Rotherham, seems absurd to religiously stick to 4231 for the sake of it.

SB
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 12:04]

Look, we all know I love a wind up and I’m a believer that the internet should’ve be taken seriously but can sometimes have a sensible and reasoned discussion if needed and genuinely want peoples views on what’s working and what’s going wrong etc

Agree that playing the formation we do can be frustrating but it has worked in our big wins this season, I do think Cook should have some flexibility though and be able to change it if and when required.

COYB

Ok, come on then… on 12:29 - Nov 24 with 2465 viewsHerbivore

Ok, come on then… on 12:08 - Nov 24 by SitfcB

Absolutely not fishing at all, just want peoples genuine opinions and to have a reasoned debate but that doesn’t seem possible on here when it comes to football these days.

4/10.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Ok, come on then… on 12:29 - Nov 24 with 2458 viewsStokieBlue

Ok, come on then… on 12:27 - Nov 24 by SitfcB

Look, we all know I love a wind up and I’m a believer that the internet should’ve be taken seriously but can sometimes have a sensible and reasoned discussion if needed and genuinely want peoples views on what’s working and what’s going wrong etc

Agree that playing the formation we do can be frustrating but it has worked in our big wins this season, I do think Cook should have some flexibility though and be able to change it if and when required.

" it has worked in our big wins this season"

It's also not worked in all our rubbish defeats.

What we need is something that works the vast majority of the time.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Ok, come on then… on 12:31 - Nov 24 with 2430 viewsBlueBadger

Oh Sitters. Is 'Unstableblue tribute act' really the way you want to go?

I mean, it's better than the limp Paz tribute act you were toying with over the summer, but still.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ok, come on then… on 12:33 - Nov 24 with 2419 viewsblueboyd

FWIW you have always consistently nailed your colours to the mast that will get you the most bites so this post is doing just that.... again.
Ok, come on then… on 12:33 - Nov 24 with 2417 viewsHighgateBlue

Fruits of the forest? Wood for the trees more like...

We're not 19 games into Cook's tenure. He had around that many last year and was cr@p then too. He doesn't get to pretend that didn't happen just because he misguidedly decided to bin our entire squad (I mean, OK, Wilson wasn't his fault - mighty Plymouth are promotion contenders, and who were we to stand in the way of our player of the season?).

Colours nailed. Broth spoiled.
Ok, come on then… on 12:35 - Nov 24 with 2389 viewsLightworker

Ok, come on then… on 12:26 - Nov 24 by N2_Blue

So you are saying even if he wins his next 4 games it may not be good enough.

If we win the next four (including v Sunderland)we will be at least 4-5 points outside playoffs still.

I think our fans don't realise how far adrift we are and how many sides are between us and 6th.

The top 6 is bust...not happening. Need to wake up and realise that. Chances of us winning the next 4 games...zero. There is optimism and there is realism. Best case scenario would probably be 9 points out of 12 but that is extremely optimistic and i don't think will happen. He needs to go now. Not of this wait and see crap. Fleetwood took action, United took action, we always dither too long. We need to be decisive.

This.
Ok, come on then… on 12:43 - Nov 24 with 2326 viewsSWGF

I'm no mathematician but I'm not sure it's possible for us to be top six in four matches' time, given all the variables (and seven teams between us and it).

We're 8pts off at the mo, not including any games in hand to be played. I'm not sure we could be *that* close in that time. Other teams are permitted to pick up points in the meantime.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Ok, come on then… on 12:50 - Nov 24 with 2290 viewsJ2BLUE

So we sack him just before Christmas then get a new guy in with about 2 games to assess the squad before the window opens?

That would be an incredible waste. I hate to say it because I really want him to succeed but if we don't beat Crewe and look convincing doing so there's no better to act.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Ok, come on then… on 12:50 - Nov 24 with 2297 viewsFixed_It

I agree. Now is not the time for more turbulence and disruption. We can all see what Cook is trying to do, and it is frustrating as hell that it isn't quite working with any sort of consistency. We have had years of hurt, and I fully understand people's anxiety. But I genuinely believe that we need to hold our nerve in order to see it come to fruition. It's not as if Cook is a poor manager who hasn't had success before. He sticks to his principles, which is both admirable and a stick to beat him with when things don't go right. Last night was concerning, but we met a form team who managed the game perfectly, whilst we were under par. These things happen. Let's see what happens over the second half of the season. We should have a fair idea of how it is panning out by then.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 12:53]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024