Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
“Pack Out PR” 12:05 - Nov 24 with 2298 viewsIllinoisblue

And watch us fight relegation to the 4th tier. Quite the pivot for the marketing/social team.

ITFC - failing to get it right for a couple of decades.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

“Pack Out PR” on 12:32 - Nov 24 with 2008 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Come on, let's not go overboard, we're not going to be fighting relegation.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

“Pack Out PR” on 12:33 - Nov 24 with 1994 viewsthebooks

Worked in Lambert’s first season.
“Pack Out PR” on 12:35 - Nov 24 with 1976 viewsHighgateBlue

“Pack Out PR” on 12:32 - Nov 24 by The_Flashing_Smile

Come on, let's not go overboard, we're not going to be fighting relegation.

Indeed not. There seems to be precious little fight in us at all...

(Shrewsbury are in the relegation zone, 8 points behind us with a game in hand).
“Pack Out PR” on 13:01 - Nov 24 with 1901 viewshunty21

Come on fans get behind the team we played the best team in the league, if we reacted every time we had a bad patch we would be having 3 managers a season lets not chop and change after half a a season what good does thst do? This team has the ability to score goals we just need to a shift in momentum sick and tired of negativity its not like we are in relegation zone .
“Pack Out PR” on 13:09 - Nov 24 with 1879 viewsclive_baker

“Pack Out PR” on 13:01 - Nov 24 by hunty21

Come on fans get behind the team we played the best team in the league, if we reacted every time we had a bad patch we would be having 3 managers a season lets not chop and change after half a a season what good does thst do? This team has the ability to score goals we just need to a shift in momentum sick and tired of negativity its not like we are in relegation zone .

I don't think it's a reaction to 1 performance and result. Most on here recognise we played a very good side last night and in isolation there's no shame in the result. The perfomance on the other hand, was limp and unimaginative. It's everything that Lambert would've been, rightly, lambasted for.

Cook flopped last season but got a free pass. He's ripped up the squad, signed 19 players, spent a shed load of money and we're not really progressing are we? 4 points from the past 5 games in the league, I think its reasonable to be a little concerned.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

“Pack Out PR” on 13:13 - Nov 24 with 1863 views3_5_2

Said exactly this to someone this morning.

Another performance like last night in front of 28,000 and the owners is not going to go well for Cook
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 19:12]

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

“Pack Out PR” on 13:13 - Nov 24 with 1859 viewsBlueBadger

We played the best side in the third division.

The third division that we were supposed to be having a serious attempt at getting out of this season.If we can't compete with sth best side in the third division we are not going to get promoted.

Going 'oh well, at least we're not bottom 3' is accepting mediocrity in the most soft cocked fashion.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 13:26]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

“Pack Out PR” on 13:42 - Nov 24 with 1803 viewshunty21

“Pack Out PR” on 13:13 - Nov 24 by BlueBadger

We played the best side in the third division.

The third division that we were supposed to be having a serious attempt at getting out of this season.If we can't compete with sth best side in the third division we are not going to get promoted.

Going 'oh well, at least we're not bottom 3' is accepting mediocrity in the most soft cocked fashion.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 13:26]

One loss doesnt mean we cant get promoted its over 40+ games winning, the best teams jn the league dont always get promoted its the most consisitent thst do winning the game they ahould win, so lets put some of the negstive fans plan into action:
We sack cook
We employ another manager
Next season we are still not in the top 6
What will you say then? Sack that manager ? Or give him a chance hes only been just employed
We hace to give managers a good try and not chop and change players and managers which is what a lot of fans want us to do .
Login to get fewer ads

“Pack Out PR” on 15:12 - Nov 24 with 1698 viewsStewart27

“Pack Out PR” on 13:42 - Nov 24 by hunty21

One loss doesnt mean we cant get promoted its over 40+ games winning, the best teams jn the league dont always get promoted its the most consisitent thst do winning the game they ahould win, so lets put some of the negstive fans plan into action:
We sack cook
What will you say then? Sack that manager ? Or give him a chance hes only been just employed
We hace to give managers a good try and not chop and change players and managers which is what a lot of fans want us to do .

It’s not one loss though is it? We’ve lost more than we’ve won in division 3. Last season Cook lost more than he won in division 3.

The opposite to your scenario reads:

We keep with the same manager that failed us last season
The same manager that is failing us this season
We continue to stagnate
The fans lose all interest
We end up employing another manager too late
“Pack Out PR” on 15:31 - Nov 24 with 1671 viewshunty21

“Pack Out PR” on 15:12 - Nov 24 by Stewart27

It’s not one loss though is it? We’ve lost more than we’ve won in division 3. Last season Cook lost more than he won in division 3.

We continue to stagnate

Thats the fine line you take, i dont think anyone can argue there has been a feel good factor due to us playing exciting football where we score goals and crowds are comjng back, that is partly down to Cook, last season we lost cos the players were never good enough, now if we are not playing well come march then yes change it start a fresh but you could end up in a scenario where we are playing direct hoof ball which isnt ipswich way and as a result fans lose interest , lets see if we can bounce back and put another unbeaten run together, before pushing the panic button and potentionally employing another manager that needs time to implement change or a journeyman who plays negative football to see if can grind some results out
“Pack Out PR” on 16:00 - Nov 24 with 1605 viewsistanblue

Yeah, just shut up and get behind the team! Cook is doing a marvellous job with his 29.3% win percentage and you should be grateful we are not in the relegation zone! #happyclapper #fakefans
“Pack Out PR” on 16:06 - Nov 24 with 1586 viewsfooters

“Pack Out PR” on 16:00 - Nov 24 by istanblue

Yeah, just shut up and get behind the team! Cook is doing a marvellous job with his 29.3% win percentage and you should be grateful we are not in the relegation zone! #happyclapper #fakefans

Have you ever considered a course of anger management therapy?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

“Pack Out PR” on 17:40 - Nov 24 with 1510 viewsBlueBadger

“Pack Out PR” on 13:42 - Nov 24 by hunty21

We sack cook

It's not one loss though, is it?

We're thirteenth in the division.

Stop accepting soft-cocked mediocrity.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

“Pack Out PR” on 17:46 - Nov 24 with 1489 viewshunty21

“Pack Out PR” on 16:00 - Nov 24 by istanblue

Ah the irony of a fakefan just focusing on the table and the stats instead of the performances and value for watching us play which until the Sunderland game we were quite optimistic about how morale and opjnions swkng like a yoyo reacting to the fear we arent going up after half a season.....
“Pack Out PR” on 18:31 - Nov 24 with 1426 viewsHARRY10

"lets see if we can bounce back and put another unbeaten run together"

And that sums up the delusion.

It is about grinding out draws from defeats and wins from draws. Match after match. A dogged consistency. Something and 'unbeaten run' does not achieve.

We were the better team v Sunderland yet got nothing as with Rotherham. It should have been a win for us at Sunderland and a hard fought draw v Rotherham.

Fans cling to the 'formation' nonsense as well. The numbers game goes out of the window the moment the players cross the line. It is not about whether we supposedly play two on top, or whether we have a false number 9 (hes wearing his shirt upside down) but the commitment of the players.

Last night was yet another abysmal performance. I would venture to say that were our players on a million pound bonus each, then we would have won. Cook has not recruited players who have a winning mentality.

Morsy was brought in to compensate for that. But aside from whether he has or hasn't, one player cannot compensate for others failings.

Who is to blame ?

The supposed all new recruitment dept ? The coaching team ? Or maybe Cook himself ? For me it is a combination of all three. Maybe now that the recruitment team have had a chance to work, we might see some decent faces brought in, in January. The coaching set up goes with Cook so we are stuck with them and him.....for now.

I would imagine then that the PackOutPR game v Sunderland might be the trigger for some changes.
“Pack Out PR” on 18:45 - Nov 24 with 1389 viewsBluefields

What a load of nonsense
“Pack Out PR” on 18:50 - Nov 24 with 1375 viewshunty21

“Pack Out PR” on 18:31 - Nov 24 by HARRY10

It is about grinding out draws from defeats and wins from draws. Match after match. A dogged consistency. Something and 'unbeaten run' does not achieve.

We were the better team v Sunderland yet got nothing as with Rotherham. It should have been a win for us at Sunderland and a hard fought draw v Rotherham.

Fans cling to the 'formation' nonsense as well. The numbers game goes out of the window the moment the players cross the line. It is not about whether we supposedly play two on top, or whether we have a false number 9 (hes wearing his shirt upside down) but the commitment of the players.

Last night was yet another abysmal performance. I would venture to say that were our players on a million pound bonus each, then we would have won. Cook has not recruited players who have a winning mentality.

Morsy was brought in to compensate for that. But aside from whether he has or hasn't, one player cannot compensate for others failings.

Who is to blame ?

The supposed all new recruitment dept ? The coaching team ? Or maybe Cook himself ? For me it is a combination of all three. Maybe now that the recruitment team have had a chance to work, we might see some decent faces brought in, in January. The coaching set up goes with Cook so we are stuck with them and him.....for now.

I would imagine then that the PackOutPR game v Sunderland might be the trigger for some changes.

Its not delusion its patience and some have more than others, i agree that a change maybe needed but not yet, the stats apart from rotherham game show we sre in control in most games and keep the ball well we just lack that final ball the key to cooks tactics is width and fullbacks which we had neither last night that had the quality to cross or roam forward that needs addressing , as long as we can take control of games then i hope and believe it will come , it might not but calling me a dulusional game when i have watched every game this season is silly
“Pack Out PR” on 20:40 - Nov 24 with 1262 viewsHARRY10

“Pack Out PR” on 18:50 - Nov 24 by hunty21

Its not delusion its patience and some have more than others, i agree that a change maybe needed but not yet, the stats apart from rotherham game show we sre in control in most games and keep the ball well we just lack that final ball the key to cooks tactics is width and fullbacks which we had neither last night that had the quality to cross or roam forward that needs addressing , as long as we can take control of games then i hope and believe it will come , it might not but calling me a dulusional game when i have watched every game this season is silly

'the stats'

In the main, meaningless mumbo jumbo. A shot from outside the box that skims over the bar ranks no better than a shot hitting row z from 10 yards out. Much as with possession, passes etc. Without the context of seeing the game they are nothing more than numbers for those with mild Aspergers to excite themselves about.

Man for man we have been second best. Yes there are games when we have been the better side and comfortably won. But after 19 games the stats that can be quantified show that we have lost more than we have won and are sitting in 13th place.

The odd unlucky goal or decision can mean a game lost (or won) but it is the general trend that we can judge the team on. And so far we are not good enough. Explain it with the guff about not having enough on top etc but again last night, anyone watching the game would have seen that.

If a team near the bottom take a second half lead against us at PR then it will show us with more possession. It will show them with more passes completed as they tap it around trying to keep possession. We will inevitable have more corners and more shots. If we then lose then it can be chalked off as a defeat. Move on.

But if that keeps happening then no matter what 'stats' about the game you enthuse yourself about, we are not playing well enough to win. There have been too many Sunderlands this season - and I am sad to say there will be plenty more until Cook goes.

We are eight points off where Lambert was after 19 games last season,
“Pack Out PR” on 01:49 - Nov 25 with 1131 viewsBlueBadger

“Pack Out PR” on 15:31 - Nov 24 by hunty21

Thats the fine line you take, i dont think anyone can argue there has been a feel good factor due to us playing exciting football where we score goals and crowds are comjng back, that is partly down to Cook, last season we lost cos the players were never good enough, now if we are not playing well come march then yes change it start a fresh but you could end up in a scenario where we are playing direct hoof ball which isnt ipswich way and as a result fans lose interest , lets see if we can bounce back and put another unbeaten run together, before pushing the panic button and potentionally employing another manager that needs time to implement change or a journeyman who plays negative football to see if can grind some results out

Everything you're saying here could be applied to what people said about Lambert.

“Pack Out PR” on 02:26 - Nov 25 with 1118 viewsBonchosBicycle

Coming 3000 miles for the Wycombe and Lincoln matches to help pack out PR. Hope I bring my usual luck - the last season I was somewhat regular was 94-95 and that went well.
“Pack Out PR” on 06:02 - Nov 25 with 1046 viewsKeaneish

“Pack Out PR” on 12:35 - Nov 24 by HighgateBlue

Indeed not. There seems to be precious little fight in us at all...

(Shrewsbury are in the relegation zone, 8 points behind us with a game in hand).

Seriously? We all know TWTD is prone to a little melodrama but relegation?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

“Pack Out PR” on 07:09 - Nov 25 with 986 viewsBobbychase

“Pack Out PR” on 06:02 - Nov 25 by Keaneish

Seriously? We all know TWTD is prone to a little melodrama but relegation?

The hysteria on here makes me wonder if I've been in a coma and woken up with us in the conference

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

“Pack Out PR” on 07:21 - Nov 25 with 969 viewsChurchman

“Pack Out PR” on 18:31 - Nov 24 by HARRY10

Who is to blame ?

You can hardly blame the recruitment team. They didn’t exist when this gutless lot were brought in. Ashton did the work, but even then this mess is not really down to him. Cook gave him a list of players to create his team and Ashton obliged.

That’s the way it should be. That Cook can’t put together a team from the players he wanted is entirely down to him. Maybe he should have done his homework better last March, April, May. He clearly wasn’t doing much else at that time. There were other ways of changing the team, but Cook chose demolition man. Fine with me, but he had to know what he was doing. Results, or lack of them, say he didn’t

He is accountable for his apology of a team being a mile short of where it should be. We are 13th and may scrape into the top 10 with a bit of improvement. Not good enough. If the new owners are serious about setting standards, they need to do something about it.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 7:25]
“Pack Out PR” on 07:30 - Nov 25 with 948 viewsSamWhiteUK

“Pack Out PR” on 15:12 - Nov 24 by Stewart27

We continue to stagnate

Worst limerick I've ever read
“Pack Out PR” on 07:34 - Nov 25 with 942 viewschrismakin

“Pack Out PR” on 07:21 - Nov 25 by Churchman

You can hardly blame the recruitment team. They didn’t exist when this gutless lot were brought in. Ashton did the work, but even then this mess is not really down to him. Cook gave him a list of players to create his team and Ashton obliged.

That’s the way it should be. That Cook can’t put together a team from the players he wanted is entirely down to him. Maybe he should have done his homework better last March, April, May. He clearly wasn’t doing much else at that time. There were other ways of changing the team, but Cook chose demolition man. Fine with me, but he had to know what he was doing. Results, or lack of them, say he didn’t

He is accountable for his apology of a team being a mile short of where it should be. We are 13th and may scrape into the top 10 with a bit of improvement. Not good enough. If the new owners are serious about setting standards, they need to do something about it.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 7:25]

This is why we need a head coach not a manager.

There is no way PC put this squad of 19 together from his own list. Not a chance.

You don't go buying players like Fraser. Burgess when they don't even suit your 1 specific formation. Harper... what even is he? Well certainly not the DCM PC put him in to begin with.

Edwards.. we all know Jacobs was PCs first choice. Which made sense. Could cross from all angles which Wigan did with ease under cook, compared to Edwards who hasn't got a cross on him or an eye for goal either.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024