Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I don’t agree with booing the team or manager 12:07 - Nov 24 with 1481 viewsCopfordBlue

but I’m finding it increasingly frustrating to be part of a crowd that simply by being there probably give the impression that the fans are happy and all is well. 18,000 plus there last night for a third division game in November. It was cold, we lost Saturday and there was Champions League football on TV. I doubt the owners will act when it all seems so positive. When the owners come over at Christmas and it’s packed they’ll be patting themselves on the back as to what a great job they’re doing (with the exception of the manager they are misguidedly staying by they are).

Is there a constructive way to express dissatisfaction with Cook and his management team? I’m just not going to go Sunday because I don’t want to waste an afternoon watching more of the dross served up last night (I’m in the minority as I thought we were quite poor against Oxford too). As a season ticket holder it doesn’t affect the club financially apart from losing the few quid I’d have spent on a programme, drinks etc. It’s not a protest, more apathy and resignation at how mediocre we are and how dejected I am at yet another false dawn.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

I don’t agree with booing the team or manager on 12:32 - Nov 24 with 1291 viewsthebooks

It was very quiet in the NS from the start last night, which I expect is noticeable to anyone from the club watching. That’s what tends to happen at Town — instead of tearing up the seats or even booing much, the crowd sort of sits back and waits to be poked into life.

There was a celebratory chorus of “we’ve had a shot on goal” when we, erm, finally had a shot on goal in the second half. The odd boo at the end.

I think it’s a test of the new owners. Despite years of utter, going-nowhere dross under Evans, there was little vocal complaint from fans, which meant he could get away with letting the club die. The owners I think would have to take the lead, not Town fans (a proportion of which will be saying we have no right to take anything for granted even when our local derby is against Ipswich Wanderers.)
I don’t agree with booing the team or manager on 12:53 - Nov 24 with 1203 viewshoppy

I don’t agree with booing the team or manager on 12:32 - Nov 24 by thebooks

It was very quiet in the NS from the start last night, which I expect is noticeable to anyone from the club watching. That’s what tends to happen at Town — instead of tearing up the seats or even booing much, the crowd sort of sits back and waits to be poked into life.

There was a celebratory chorus of “we’ve had a shot on goal” when we, erm, finally had a shot on goal in the second half. The odd boo at the end.

I think it’s a test of the new owners. Despite years of utter, going-nowhere dross under Evans, there was little vocal complaint from fans, which meant he could get away with letting the club die. The owners I think would have to take the lead, not Town fans (a proportion of which will be saying we have no right to take anything for granted even when our local derby is against Ipswich Wanderers.)

To be fair, Ipswich Wanderers hosted top of their league Halstead Town last night, and won comfortably with an 8-0 scoreline.

I wondered if I'd made the right choice in which game to attend!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I don’t agree with booing the team or manager on 14:41 - Nov 24 with 1097 viewsthebooks

I don’t agree with booing the team or manager on 12:53 - Nov 24 by hoppy

To be fair, Ipswich Wanderers hosted top of their league Halstead Town last night, and won comfortably with an 8-0 scoreline.

I wondered if I'd made the right choice in which game to attend!

Ha! Perhaps they’ll pass us on their way up.
I don’t agree with booing the team or manager on 14:55 - Nov 24 with 1059 viewsunstableblue

Do you not think that the players, manager, coaches and CEO did not notice the apathy, silence and dissatisfaction in the crowd last night, and the booing at the end?

Certainly that was the worst atmosphere at PR this season

I think no one at the club would have been left not realising that the fan base is turning

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I don’t agree with booing the team or manager on 15:02 - Nov 24 with 1033 viewsbobbyramsey

I don’t agree with booing the team or manager on 14:55 - Nov 24 by unstableblue

Do you not think that the players, manager, coaches and CEO did not notice the apathy, silence and dissatisfaction in the crowd last night, and the booing at the end?

Certainly that was the worst atmosphere at PR this season

I think no one at the club would have been left not realising that the fan base is turning

Good, a kick up the a$$ can work wonders sometimes....
I don’t agree with booing the team or manager on 15:04 - Nov 24 with 1026 viewsElephantintheRoom

Thought about not going? There are other things to do than help some chancers destroy their franchise.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024