Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over 14:06 - Nov 24 with 2315 viewsstiff_talking

Paul Cook sacked in Nov 21 after club owners financial investment in 19 players and assembly of large off field staff after 18 games and 1 transfer window ? We would be laughing stock of the league.

And all these players who dropped down leagues to play for Mr Paul Cook would be happy to play for a new manager when they know Paul Cook wasn’t given long enough and fans went against him?

None of this talk warrants any time at all at this point. We need to support Paul Cook and give him more time even if we don’t go up this year. We can’t fix years of neglect in 5 minutes without stability. We need some patience….. and new owners should not be pressured by the fans to make decisions for the club that long term are the wrong decisions.

Everyone needs to calm down and give this project more time.

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:13 - Nov 24 with 1830 viewsKeno

Or what if Cook is sacked a new manager comes in, we go on a fantastic unbeaten run that ends up seeing us promoted then you think those players would leave?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:17 - Nov 24 with 1803 viewsDMDC

We might just be able to save our season if we sacked him now.All this nonsense about the players only coming here to play for Cook, if thats the case why are they playing like a bunch of tarts ? They came for the money, not Cook. They clearly cant play this system, its not working,and Cook cant seem to change from 4 2 3 1.
We should have built a team similar to Rotherham ,one with bite and a bit of fight. The likes of Celina might be ok for the Championship and above but they arnt upto the rough stuff in this division.
I know it will be unpopular with some people but Warnock is exactly what we need to get out of this league,then we can look at the bigger picture. Worry about the next stage when we reach it.At the moment we are going nowhere under Cook.
If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:25 - Nov 24 with 1732 viewsjayessess

We are the laughing stock of the division right at this minute.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:27 - Nov 24 with 1717 viewsDMDC

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:17 - Nov 24 by DMDC

We might just be able to save our season if we sacked him now.All this nonsense about the players only coming here to play for Cook, if thats the case why are they playing like a bunch of tarts ? They came for the money, not Cook. They clearly cant play this system, its not working,and Cook cant seem to change from 4 2 3 1.
We should have built a team similar to Rotherham ,one with bite and a bit of fight. The likes of Celina might be ok for the Championship and above but they arnt upto the rough stuff in this division.
I know it will be unpopular with some people but Warnock is exactly what we need to get out of this league,then we can look at the bigger picture. Worry about the next stage when we reach it.At the moment we are going nowhere under Cook.

Cant see why lve been down voted really,think most of what l said is fair.
If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:30 - Nov 24 with 1702 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Nonsense.

The players would soon forget Cook and move on to the next manager.

Stop suggesting players have loyalty to clubs / managers. They have loyalty to their own career and wage. Nothing wrong with that, but they are not going to protest if Cook left after a very poor tenure.

A new manager might make some changes, but as we have proven twice (Hurst and Cook), its not wise to make wholesale changes to the tune of 15-20 new players in one go.

Cook and his staff need to seriously up their game. They will be gone if they dont perform in front of the 3 sold out home matches.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:32 - Nov 24 with 1679 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:17 - Nov 24 by DMDC

Chaplin dropped a division to play for Cook we are led to believe.

...I doubt he would shed a tear if Cook left. Same for many of the others.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:33 - Nov 24 with 1675 viewsDubtractor

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:30 - Nov 24 by Marshalls_Mullet

Nonsense.

The players would soon forget Cook and move on to the next manager.

Stop suggesting players have loyalty to clubs / managers. They have loyalty to their own career and wage. Nothing wrong with that, but they are not going to protest if Cook left after a very poor tenure.

A new manager might make some changes, but as we have proven twice (Hurst and Cook), its not wise to make wholesale changes to the tune of 15-20 new players in one go.

Cook and his staff need to seriously up their game. They will be gone if they dont perform in front of the 3 sold out home matches.

I was going to say similar. There is no way we would be seen as a laughing stock, we are massively underperformed against our spend and squad, and football people would barely raise an eyebrow if he was sacked.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:35 - Nov 24 with 1652 viewsBlueBadger

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:27 - Nov 24 by DMDC

Cant see why lve been down voted really,think most of what l said is fair.

It is because there is a significant proportion of our fans who like to start cults for bad football managers.

It happened for Keane, it happened for Lambert, it's happening for Cook.

Hurst wasn't here long enough for it to happen.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:45 - Nov 24 with 1604 viewsKeno

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:35 - Nov 24 by BlueBadger

It is because there is a significant proportion of our fans who like to start cults for bad football managers.

Hurst became a cult fairly quickly and Keane was a cult before he arrived

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:46 - Nov 24 with 1589 viewsbrazil1981

Thankfully someone else with same view as myself! Throw the ‘happy clapper’ insult at me if you wish, I don’t think I am actually just consider myself a realist!
If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:50 - Nov 24 with 1571 viewsElephantintheRoom

Assuming that Cook was put in by the new owners during the buying process, this arrogant buffoon has in fact derailed two seasons in one year. Even a modicum of common sense would have got Town into the play-offs last season. This season has been little short of absurd from day one when the decision that nothing need be kept..

Granted it's not all Cook's fault - the slimy man in the open neck shirt and his sponsor/poodle O'Leary are equally to blame.... but of course they need someone to carry the can.... so Cook is almost certainly already doomed.

You can rest assured the new owners care not one iota about the fans - and couldn't give a hoot what they think. Their vision is to over-value an under-valued club and flog bits of it off it to people even more deluded than themselves.

How depressing to see an alleged supporter refer to this self-imposed carnage and mess as 'a project'. Its a football club - based in Ipswich - with its heart ripped out and some turkey vultures circling in Arizona and Ohio.... with O'Leary and Mr Smarm little more than opportunistic jackals

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 15:01 - Nov 24 with 1520 viewsStu_Magoo

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:50 - Nov 24 by ElephantintheRoom

Assuming that Cook was put in by the new owners during the buying process, this arrogant buffoon has in fact derailed two seasons in one year. Even a modicum of common sense would have got Town into the play-offs last season. This season has been little short of absurd from day one when the decision that nothing need be kept..

Granted it's not all Cook's fault - the slimy man in the open neck shirt and his sponsor/poodle O'Leary are equally to blame.... but of course they need someone to carry the can.... so Cook is almost certainly already doomed.

You can rest assured the new owners care not one iota about the fans - and couldn't give a hoot what they think. Their vision is to over-value an under-valued club and flog bits of it off it to people even more deluded than themselves.

How depressing to see an alleged supporter refer to this self-imposed carnage and mess as 'a project'. Its a football club - based in Ipswich - with its heart ripped out and some turkey vultures circling in Arizona and Ohio.... with O'Leary and Mr Smarm little more than opportunistic jackals

You Sir, are a berk.
If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 15:22 - Nov 24 with 1474 viewsIllinoisblue

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 15:01 - Nov 24 by Stu_Magoo

You Sir, are a berk.

But he’s so, so edgy. He brings all the takes.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Stiffy talking. (n/t) on 15:34 - Nov 24 with 1433 viewsBloots

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 15:36 - Nov 24 with 1426 viewshunty21

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:50 - Nov 24 by ElephantintheRoom

You may as well give up by the sounds of it,
If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 15:56 - Nov 24 with 1373 viewsPinewoodblue

It takes a special type of individual to have a negative score for arrows on both the Forum and comments..

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 16:18 - Nov 24 with 1334 viewsstiff_talking

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 15:56 - Nov 24 by Pinewoodblue

It takes a special type of individual to have a negative score for arrows on both the Forum and comments..

Fine margins sport and if we had won at Sunderland everyone would be heaping praise on Cook.

Aluko and Burns being out of team didn’t help last night

Cook should have played Burgess and Edward’s.
If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 16:32 - Nov 24 with 1310 viewswkj

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:35 - Nov 24 by BlueBadger

If you remember, there was a nutso FB group that kicked anyone out for being critical of Hurst.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 16:35 - Nov 24 with 1301 viewsRadioOrwell

We are in the middle of the division with no prospect of promotion.
Is THAT what you think the players signed up for ?
If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 16:39 - Nov 24 with 1275 viewsRadioOrwell

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:33 - Nov 24 by Dubtractor

I was going to say similar. There is no way we would be seen as a laughing stock, we are massively underperformed against our spend and squad, and football people would barely raise an eyebrow if he was sacked.

It's November and as it stands we are not getting promoted.
If Cook stays we not get promoted.

There is a clear decision to be made.
If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 16:44 - Nov 24 with 1266 viewsBlueBadger

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 16:32 - Nov 24 by wkj

If you remember, there was a nutso FB group that kicked anyone out for being critical of Hurst.

I used to get regularly downvoted for suggesting that watching us getting humped every week under Lambert on our way to relegation wasn't really an improved experience for fans OR evidence of performance improvement.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 16:45 - Nov 24 with 1260 viewsjayessess

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:33 - Nov 24 by Dubtractor

If Sheffield Wednesday or Sunderland were 13th in the league and sacked their manager no one on here would blink. Charlton binned Adkins after 13 games and everyone shrugged.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 16:47 - Nov 24 with 1248 viewsHerbivore

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 14:46 - Nov 24 by brazil1981

Thankfully someone else with same view as myself! Throw the ‘happy clapper’ insult at me if you wish, I don’t think I am actually just consider myself a realist!

Realist is probably the least apt description you could come up with.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 17:01 - Nov 24 with 1206 views66notout

Well said, at last a grasp of the situation as it really is.
If Paul Cook was sacked in Nov 21 then our season would be over on 17:12 - Nov 24 with 1178 viewssotd78

I am old enough to remember the shenanigans the old North Stand got up to with the Bobby Robson out chants. It's ironic that very stand is now named after him. The Cobbold board called a meeting and promptly apologised to Bobby for the fans' behaviour. I have a feeling they gave him a vote of confidence when such things really meant something.

I doubt the Americans will do that for Cook; nor should they...but this club is indeed putting right ten years of neglect; and that won't happen in less than a season and a bit on the pitch. If by this time next season we are not either promoted or in the mix to be then would be the time to say goodbye and thank you to PC. Such departures usually involve all the back room staff connected to the manager leaving too. We do not need that.

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024