Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'd sack the fans 15:42 - Nov 24 with 2023 viewstonydinning

Someone said, "we've changed the team, the owners and the manager, what's left to change?"

May I make myself wildly popular and suggest the supporters?

They didn't show up yesterday from the get go. 90 minutes of standing and sitting in silence, with the occasional "hilarious" snide joke or growl of disappointment.

The atmosphere yesterday was somewhere between torrid and poisonous.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 15:43]

Poll: Is it time to rotate keepers and give Walton his spot back?

I'd sack the fans on 15:44 - Nov 24 with 1756 viewschrismakin

Yes the fans were to blame.

Damn you in row C of the Sir Bobby for not playing in Bonne and then following up with a goal yourself.

Damn you in row Z for selecting a baffling front 3 option

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I'd sack the fans on 15:44 - Nov 24 with 1757 viewsclive_baker

Given the trajectory of the club over the past years, and the relative prices of tickets, I think its absolutely ridiculous to criticise fans who continue to show up in good numbers. The support has been very good this season, and while agree yesterday was flat, it's hard to get too excited when you have your first shot on target in the 91st minute at home in League 1.

It works both ways.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I'd sack the fans on 15:47 - Nov 24 with 1718 viewsblueboyd

I did think I saw you standing there trying to get an atmosphere going, trying to hide the fact the football was absolute tosh.
I'd sack the fans on 15:48 - Nov 24 with 1710 viewsjayessess

Put any other club our size in this situation and you'd be looking at far worse. The team, manager and owners have absolutely nothing to complain about in terms of the support they've got.

For context, Rotherham fans have the best team in the league and could muster all of 250 fans to go watch them play.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I'd sack the fans on 15:53 - Nov 24 with 1676 viewshunty21

I'd sack the fans on 15:44 - Nov 24 by clive_baker

Given the trajectory of the club over the past years, and the relative prices of tickets, I think its absolutely ridiculous to criticise fans who continue to show up in good numbers. The support has been very good this season, and while agree yesterday was flat, it's hard to get too excited when you have your first shot on target in the 91st minute at home in League 1.

It works both ways.

Imo the fans since Cook and the new owners have come in has been excellent both home and away and attendences are up, however before thst with Lambert and evans the attendances and atmosphere has been woeful so i would argue its only recently that the positive spirit and support has changed
I'd sack the fans on 15:55 - Nov 24 with 1664 viewsReus30

I'd sack the fans on 15:44 - Nov 24 by clive_baker

It works both ways.

The past decade plus the fans in PR are basically sadistic idiots who pay their money to watch bland and dreary football and moan about it.
It's not exactly an electric atmosphere at PR and it hasn't been since probably 2003.

I blame everyone who earns money out this shambles but unfortunately the other side is pity - pity for the idiots including myself who put money into the club and just watch it float into the abyss.
We need to get a witch to.... on 15:55 - Nov 24 with 1662 viewsBloots

....sacrifice a toad in the centre circle.

And then have a slash up the corner flags.

Sorted

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

I'd sack the fans on 15:56 - Nov 24 with 1648 viewsthebooks

It was more apathetic, really.

Over 18,000 turned out to a tier 3 game on a freezing night in November. Fück ’em all, eh?

Team was lucky they weren’t booed off.
Login to get fewer ads

I'd sack the fans on 16:06 - Nov 24 with 1607 viewsclive_baker

I'd sack the fans on 15:55 - Nov 24 by Reus30

The past decade plus the fans in PR are basically sadistic idiots who pay their money to watch bland and dreary football and moan about it.
It's not exactly an electric atmosphere at PR and it hasn't been since probably 2003.

I blame everyone who earns money out this shambles but unfortunately the other side is pity - pity for the idiots including myself who put money into the club and just watch it float into the abyss.

I wouldn't say it is at Rotherham or Wigan either and they seem to be doing OK.

If people are seriously suggesting the fans are at fault for a 29% win % in L1 then Cook really has done a number on them.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

We need to get a witch to.... on 16:07 - Nov 24 with 1605 viewsBlueBadger

We need to get a witch to.... on 15:55 - Nov 24 by Bloots

....sacrifice a toad in the centre circle.

And then have a slash up the corner flags.

Sorted

Sounds like a more effective tactic than any of Cookie's, to be fair.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I'd sack the fans on 16:26 - Nov 24 with 1560 viewsAlanG296

If the players started the game with enthusiasm, energy, on the front foot, working hard from the start the crowd would respond. Instead they do nothing to stop the opponents taking the initiative. In fact the only one who shows any enthusiasm is the manager with his happy clapper entrance on to the pitch.
I'd sack the fans on 16:29 - Nov 24 with 1543 viewswkj

I went yesterday. There really wasn't a lot to make noise about. Their first attack felt painful.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I'd sack the fans on 16:33 - Nov 24 with 1525 viewsOldboy

I'd sack the fans on 16:55 - Nov 24 with 1484 viewsIllinoisblue

Two decades of failure and neglect is definitely the fans’ fault.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I'd sack the fans on 17:01 - Nov 24 with 1445 viewsbefxblue

I think the reality of how good a team we actually are at the moment is finally grounding the majority of fans who had sky high expectations at the beginning of the season (myself included).

I was expecting a defeat last night, and admit it made me quite tense and I struggled to get going as I should as a fan, I'm sure I'm not the only one who was feeling that way last night.
I'd sack the fans on 17:09 - Nov 24 with 1424 viewsTexaco73

No. Fans pay for the tickets to go to games to be entertained in some way or another.
Some will be satisfied with the day out, others will want to see progress and success.
One thing is certain, although atmosphere plays a part, what is served up is out of the fans control.
Football is an entertainment business. That has been sadly lacking for far too long at PR and my patience has gone. Sit on the pot and do the business, or get off and walk away.
I'd sack the fans on 17:41 - Nov 24 with 1371 viewsHighgateBlue

That's right - ITFC is making a rubbish product, so it must be the customers' fault.

Cook is easily replaceable. Where are you gonna get 20,000 new bums to put on seats?

Cook is paid to be competent. I think if most fans were paid money, there would be a bit more singing and handstands, or whatever it is you think we were lacking.
I'd sack the fans on 17:52 - Nov 24 with 1354 viewsBlueBadger

I'd sack the fans on 16:55 - Nov 24 by Illinoisblue

Two decades of failure and neglect is definitely the fans’ fault.

In fairness, I suspect the fools who made banners and sang 'Lambert is a blue' probably had some bearing on Marcus Evans' thinking in awarding *that* contract.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I'd sack the fans on 17:57 - Nov 24 with 1340 viewsStu_Magoo

After 10 minutes, the friend I was with turned to me and said "We're f@cked, aren't we?"

Even from that point it was totally obvious. Then you're just stood there on a Tuesday, in the cold, watching us play 3 number 10's and maintain a shape to the team that resembled blancmange.

A tough gig for any fan I'd argue.
I'd sack the fans on 20:16 - Nov 24 with 1210 viewsTractorWood

This dynamic is a tried and testing coping mechanism for some of our fan base. When we are doing poorly some turn on the players, manager and club others turn on our fans.

For what it's worth, I think 20 odd games this season and the reasonably poor end to last season is enough of an idea for most to judge Cook. The conclusion is pretty underwhelming.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

I'd sack the fans on 21:51 - Nov 24 with 1108 viewsSarge

It was a terrible performance worthy of scorn but straight from the off there were a number of fans around me moaning and groaning and shouting meaningless football parlance at the players. These people are terrible fans.
I'd sack the fans on 22:00 - Nov 24 with 1088 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Nope. Sorry. Not having that.

- 3rd highest home average in the league.
- Sold out 90% of our away capacity these season.
- Atmosphere for most games (particularly away) very good.
- All of the above whilst the team is grossly underachieving based on the budget after 10 years of decline.

To blame the fans, is frankly baffling.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

I'd sack the fans on 22:02 - Nov 24 with 1079 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Which fan do you intend to swap with and how many do you intend to change? Or is it everyone except you by any chance?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I'd sack the fans on 22:08 - Nov 24 with 1052 viewsTractorWood

I'd sack the fans on 21:51 - Nov 24 by Sarge

It was a terrible performance worthy of scorn but straight from the off there were a number of fans around me moaning and groaning and shouting meaningless football parlance at the players. These people are terrible fans.

Meaningless football parlance is half the reason for going!

'The trouble with Arsenal is that they are always trying to walk it in'.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

It was catch 22 on 22:14 - Nov 24 with 1033 viewsunstableblue

Two conflicting but dependent conditions

The fans needed the players to fire up, and the players last night needed the fans to fire them up

But when the players came out with so much fear, played so within themselves from the very get go, the fans just saw nothing to excite them or give them hope…

Then is just spiralled into a terminal define…. Awful awful atmosphere

But to be fair the fans have down their part this season… it’s just they’ve lost belief

I’m look at the state of this board today!!!! 85% calling for the manager to be sacked, bickering…

Will need the players to clear their heads and spank Crewe and then see where we end up after Wigan and Charlton

But it’s not good

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024