Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. 16:07 - Nov 24 with 4127 viewsMeenoITFC

'Ipswich won't be far off, that is if Cooky realises playing Bonne up front on his own doesn't work. I expected a lot more from the Tractor Boys, we made them look average at best'

'Ipswich had loads of posession, but very little threat. They will do well to get anywhere near the playéoffs under Cook.'

'Excellent team performance against a strangely goal shy Ipswich team, they have arguably the best squad in the league on paper, but looked very ordinary tonight, or was it more a case of we made them look ordinary tonight?'

'Cooke will get them into the play offs, because with that squad he should'

'Ipswich and Paul Cook did us a favour by playing 4-2-3-1, we outplayed, out -fought and out-thought them. Stop Sam Morsey and you stop Ipswich'

Thoughts?

Poll: Is Jonny Williams worth signing

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 16:10 - Nov 24 with 3351 viewschrismakin

Morsy like all the others, Started off impressing. Now he looks like a similar version of dozzell. amazingly lightweight on the ball, not as hard tackling as I thought he was, doesn't go forward, well his body does, the ball comes back. When he joined he drove the team forward and altho his game isn't to put in killer balls.. he seems reluctant to press forward now and reverts to safe side ways football or bring it back edmundson.

Edited again as people.try to take posts to literal.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 17:16]

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 16:14 - Nov 24 with 3304 viewsArnieM

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 16:10 - Nov 24 by chrismakin

Morsy like all the others, Started off impressing. Now he looks like a similar version of dozzell. amazingly lightweight on the ball, not as hard tackling as I thought he was, doesn't go forward, well his body does, the ball comes back. When he joined he drove the team forward and altho his game isn't to put in killer balls.. he seems reluctant to press forward now and reverts to safe side ways football or bring it back edmundson.

Well if you hunt in packs and surround a team’s most effective play maker , what do you expect ?

Plan B required plz PC ….,,(as Mills said “ there’s no shame in dispensing with your favoured formation for another”)

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

When clubs prepare to face an opponent.... on 16:16 - Nov 24 with 3296 viewsBloots

....they spend days analysing footage of their previous matches.

They then have team meetings where they outline their strengths and weaknesses.

They then give each player a folder with details of what's expected of them during the game, and a detailed break down of their direct opponent and how to get the better of them.

When a team plays us, they just stick a post it note to the dressing room door saying "4-2-3-1"

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 16:22 - Nov 24 with 3215 viewsStokieBlue

Pretty impressive to get everything in a post the wrong way round. There are loads of examples of him doing exactly what you are saying he doesn't do.

I thought after your little escapades the other week which saw you leave these shores that you said you were going to stop with these ridiculous hot takes?

SB
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 16:23]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

When clubs prepare to face an opponent.... on 16:27 - Nov 24 with 3176 viewsEwan_Oozami

When clubs prepare to face an opponent.... on 16:16 - Nov 24 by Bloots

They then give each player a folder with details of what's expected of them during the game, and a detailed break down of their direct opponent and how to get the better of them.

When a team plays us, they just stick a post it note to the dressing room door saying "4-2-3-1"

I think you've got it the wrong way round, it's us that writes "4-2-3-1" on the whiteboard...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 16:28 - Nov 24 with 3159 viewsWallingford_Boy

That's just odd

RIP Sir Bobby

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 16:33 - Nov 24 with 3103 viewschrismakin

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 16:22 - Nov 24 by StokieBlue

Pretty impressive to get everything in a post the wrong way round. There are loads of examples of him doing exactly what you are saying he doesn't do.

I thought after your little escapades the other week which saw you leave these shores that you said you were going to stop with these ridiculous hot takes?

SB

Oh sorry it doesn't pass your twtd post test

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 16:34 - Nov 24 with 3097 viewsStokieBlue

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 16:33 - Nov 24 by chrismakin

Oh sorry it doesn't pass your twtd post test

Well it's just nonsense isn't it.

You couldn't justify one of those assertions if it came down to it and people could post plenty of examples of where he does exactly the things you say he doesn't do.

It's a pattern of behaviour I'm afraid.

SB

Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 16:34 - Nov 24 with 3101 viewsstrikalite

Play two upfront haha who would have thought it eh..

Honestly, it beggars belief that we have a proven goal scorer on the bench getting crumbs of minutes in Division Three, the best of it is, we play a system that relies on flying full backs yet have ditched that(yes, I know why)for a straight back four, fine, but you have to compensate that especially against the better teams..
Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 16:35 - Nov 24 with 3086 viewswkj

I think I've figured you out... you miss Lambingo. So every time you want to create an opinion you randomly place a player name (or names) in a series of words that describe a football situation.

Well played Mr Lambert.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 16:36]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

When clubs prepare to face an opponent.... on 16:36 - Nov 24 with 3094 viewsitfcjoe

When clubs prepare to face an opponent.... on 16:16 - Nov 24 by Bloots

I spoke to a Rotherham fan, and on their iFollow commentary they had Joe Mattock (left back for them who is currently injured).

He said he was just basically saying what their game plan was, telling the fans what their press triggers were etc, and how it was a cracking insight into how well prepared they were and how the game played out as they anticipated it would.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Our whiteboard just has 4 simple steps to success.... on 16:37 - Nov 24 with 3067 viewsBloots

When clubs prepare to face an opponent.... on 16:27 - Nov 24 by Ewan_Oozami

I think you've got it the wrong way round, it's us that writes "4-2-3-1" on the whiteboard...

1. Pass it across the back four 25 times

2. Give it to Sam, so that he can give it to Lee, Lee give it back to Sam x 10"

3. Pass it back to the centre backs - your choice which one (ideally George, Toto might slice it into his own net)

4. Hump it up to Macca.

I know it's been said..... on 16:39 - Nov 24 with 3020 viewsBloots

When clubs prepare to face an opponent.... on 16:36 - Nov 24 by itfcjoe

I spoke to a Rotherham fan, and on their iFollow commentary they had Joe Mattock (left back for them who is currently injured).

He said he was just basically saying what their game plan was, telling the fans what their press triggers were etc, and how it was a cracking insight into how well prepared they were and how the game played out as they anticipated it would.

....but it must be an absolute dream to prepare facing us.

So predictable.

I know it's been said..... on 16:51 - Nov 24 with 2905 viewsDavoIPB

I know it's been said..... on 16:39 - Nov 24 by Bloots

....but it must be an absolute dream to prepare facing us.

So predictable.

Their manager and every manager we have faced this season

you know what you get with Paul Cook, its the same formation but they are a good team.

Okay paraphrased a bit but thats the general gist of what they all say.
Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 16:58 - Nov 24 with 2802 viewschrismakin

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 16:34 - Nov 24 by StokieBlue

Well it's just nonsense isn't it.

You couldn't justify one of those assertions if it came down to it and people could post plenty of examples of where he does exactly the things you say he doesn't do.

It's a pattern of behaviour I'm afraid.

SB

Interesting SB

People gave you examples of why they believed you were wrong about celina. Doesn't stop you sharing your thoughts

Or they sharing theirs

It's nonsense to say stop morsy stop ipswich.

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 17:09 - Nov 24 with 2745 viewsLightworker

That is a frankly ridiculous assessment. Morsy is nothing like Dozzell as a player and is certainly not lightweight.

We have many problems but Morsy is far from being at the top of the list, people seem to have quickly forgotten the Evans / Harper pairing and how ineffective that was.
Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 17:13 - Nov 24 with 2704 viewschrismakin

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 17:09 - Nov 24 by Lightworker

That is a frankly ridiculous assessment. Morsy is nothing like Dozzell as a player and is certainly not lightweight.

We have many problems but Morsy is far from being at the top of the list, people seem to have quickly forgotten the Evans / Harper pairing and how ineffective that was.

No one said it was top of a list.

If PCs coaching team have taken morsy back a level since joining that's unfortunate and Morsy certainly isn't looking like the one that joined. Hopefully it's a blip in form.

Our whiteboard just has 4 simple steps to success.... on 17:31 - Nov 24 with 2581 viewsIllinoisblue

Our whiteboard just has 4 simple steps to success.... on 16:37 - Nov 24 by Bloots

1. Pass it across the back four 25 times

2. Give it to Sam, so that he can give it to Lee, Lee give it back to Sam x 10"

3. Pass it back to the centre backs - your choice which one (ideally George, Toto might slice it into his own net)

4. Hump it up to Macca.

Sounds like Lambert left his whiteboard behind and Cook just changed the names. What a club.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 18:37 - Nov 24 with 2290 viewsStokieBlue

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 16:58 - Nov 24 by chrismakin

Interesting SB

People gave you examples of why they believed you were wrong about celina. Doesn't stop you sharing your thoughts

Or they sharing theirs

It's nonsense to say stop morsy stop ipswich.

Not what I said in my post.

I said all the things you said about what he does were nonsense. It was a typical knee-jerk post based on one match (or historically for you, a portion of a match) ignoring the context of previous games.

There are loads of examples people could post of Morsy doing all the things you say he doesn't do. I think even you know that your list of things he can't do was complete bobbins.

SB

Edit: People aren't taking your posts "too literally". You are posting stuff that's clearly wrong and then changing it when people point it out.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 18:38]

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 20:39 - Nov 24 with 1950 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I’ve not just seen someone compare Dozzell and Morsy? Totally different players.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 20:49 - Nov 24 with 1878 viewschrismakin

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 18:37 - Nov 24 by StokieBlue

Not what I said in my post.

I said all the things you said about what he does were nonsense. It was a typical knee-jerk post based on one match (or historically for you, a portion of a match) ignoring the context of previous games.

There are loads of examples people could post of Morsy doing all the things you say he doesn't do. I think even you know that your list of things he can't do was complete bobbins.

SB

Edit: People aren't taking your posts "too literally". You are posting stuff that's clearly wrong and then changing it when people point it out.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 18:38]

Not at all stokie. You just fail to see a fault in players unless you specifically don't like them and then we hear all about. Which happens all all fan sites. I had to change it as you again took my post alot further than intended.

The OPS comment stated morsy was effectively the difference in town winning or losing. I was just pointing out that since his debut he hasn't shown the same performance and yes you're right he does things right at times. Of course otherwise he wouldn't have been a champ player. But there are plenty of examples of him doing exactly what I stated above too. At present as a midfielder in the two. He's doing alot of what dozzell did. Getting forward himself but then finding a way to play a pass backwards or sideways rather than forwards. Nothing wrong with that at times. But it became very frustrating last night and again its not the first time.

There's no need to believe every player signed is fantastic. You wouldn't take it that Edwards didn't do things. You didn't take it celina didn't do things. You now don't take it morsy doesn't do certain things consistently. Do you find fault in any player or only if you think of it first?

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 20:52 - Nov 24 with 1849 viewschrismakin

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 20:39 - Nov 24 by The_Romford_Blue

I’ve not just seen someone compare Dozzell and Morsy? Totally different players.

Correct. Ones in the champ ones in league 1.
( altho tnh dozzell could be sitting on the bench no idea lol)
But no not quite. Was more of a comparison of the bad points off dozzell rather than the overall player he was.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 21:00]

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 21:00 - Nov 24 with 1809 viewsDarkHorse

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 16:22 - Nov 24 by StokieBlue

SB

He has an incredible habit of being wrong about absolutely everything.
Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 21:03 - Nov 24 with 1791 viewschrismakin

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 21:00 - Nov 24 by DarkHorse

He has an incredible habit of being wrong about absolutely everything.

And then proven correct 6 months down the line.

But you carry on if it gets you all giddy. I'm just here to discuss footy not apply for a management position.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2021 21:05]

Rotherham Fans comments on ITFC Post match. on 21:05 - Nov 24 with 1775 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Truth is, if we need more up front we need a change of manager. Cook will not change from 1 up front. If that is no going to be enough, we need a new manager.

I am torn between hoping it will come right for Cook and wanting us to change sooner rather than leave it much later.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024