Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another manager sacked 13:45 - Nov 25 with 2644 viewsWestover

Shelf Utd sack there manager and appoint Heckingbottom on a long contract.
Another manager sacked on 13:54 - Nov 25 with 2050 viewsSitfcB

Heckingbottom won’t last the season.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Another manager sacked on 14:03 - Nov 25 with 1988 viewspennblue

Good to see a club being so proactive. We should sack ours too, it has been 9 months in 2 days time, (well six months of real season time, but whatever), and he has achieved nothing, NOTHING!. Lets get rid, we could get that fella from MK Dons, he's got 7 more points than us, that's an upgrade right there.

WE NEED PROMOTION NOW!

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Another manager sacked on 14:06 - Nov 25 with 1954 viewschicoazul

I was rather hoping we might go for him. But his name is Paul so…

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Another manager sacked on 14:07 - Nov 25 with 1936 viewsKeno

**ahem** their **ahem**

This post is brought to you by the Facters pendant tribute society

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Another manager sacked on 14:08 - Nov 25 with 1937 viewsOldboy

Another manager sacked on 13:54 - Nov 25 by SitfcB

Heckingbottom won’t last the season.

That made me chuckle for some reason.
I think it was the bottom.
Very childish of me.
Another manager sacked on 14:10 - Nov 25 with 1918 viewstimothyeo

It's something normal clubs do when the team is underperforming. It's what helps stop big clubs ending up in...oh I don't know, the third tier of English football
Another manager sacked on 14:15 - Nov 25 with 1879 viewsTheMoralMajority

Another manager sacked on 14:10 - Nov 25 by timothyeo

It's something normal clubs do when the team is underperforming. It's what helps stop big clubs ending up in...oh I don't know, the third tier of English football

Like Sunderland, you mean?

...but do signatures really work?

Another manager sacked on 14:18 - Nov 25 with 1846 viewstimothyeo

Another manager sacked on 14:15 - Nov 25 by TheMoralMajority

Like Sunderland, you mean?

Yeah, that one example (I'm sure if you worked hard you could find a couple more) is definitely enough to prove that you should never sack a manager.

You should have referred to ourselves for the easiest example. Had we not sacked Mick..
Login to get fewer ads

Another manager sacked on 14:19 - Nov 25 with 1837 viewsusm

Another manager sacked on 14:07 - Nov 25 by Keno

**ahem** their **ahem**

This post is brought to you by the Facters pendant tribute society

Pendants R Us

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Another manager sacked on 14:23 - Nov 25 with 1805 viewsNthQldITFC

Another manager sacked on 14:08 - Nov 25 by Oldboy

That made me chuckle for some reason.
I think it was the bottom.
Very childish of me.

At least Ryan Sidebottom doesn't play for England any more. I always used to wonder whether he had to have custom underpants especially tailored for him.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Another manager sacked on 14:34 - Nov 25 with 1748 viewsTheMoralMajority

Another manager sacked on 14:18 - Nov 25 by timothyeo

Yeah, that one example (I'm sure if you worked hard you could find a couple more) is definitely enough to prove that you should never sack a manager.

You should have referred to ourselves for the easiest example. Had we not sacked Mick..

Don't strawman me. I was merely pointing out that your original assertion was patently absurd. I have not indicated either way whether I think we should stick or twist at this moment in time.

On the flip side of the argument you could say "Alex Ferguson" or "Bobby Robson". There are plenty of examples on both sides of the coin.

Another manager sacked on 14:45 - Nov 25 with 1676 viewsPinewoodblue

Haven’t seen it mentioned but Kieth Curle got the heave ho from Oldham yesterday.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Another manager sacked on 14:46 - Nov 25 with 1682 viewsitfcjoe

Another manager sacked on 14:34 - Nov 25 by TheMoralMajority

Don't strawman me. I was merely pointing out that your original assertion was patently absurd. I have not indicated either way whether I think we should stick or twist at this moment in time.

On the flip side of the argument you could say "Alex Ferguson" or "Bobby Robson". There are plenty of examples on both sides of the coin.

Both Fergie and Robson achieved things quickly, before sliding back and struggling a bit

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Another manager sacked on 14:50 - Nov 25 with 1663 viewsTheMoralMajority

Another manager sacked on 14:46 - Nov 25 by itfcjoe

Both Fergie and Robson achieved things quickly, before sliding back and struggling a bit

My point is, there is no magic bullet. All we can do (like anyone else) is spin the wheel and hope for the best.

FWIW we are clearly severely underachieving, before anyone decides to tarnish me as some kind of apologist.

Another manager sacked on 14:51 - Nov 25 with 1653 viewshomer_123

Another manager sacked on 14:19 - Nov 25 by usm

Pendants R Us

Pendants"R"Us

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Another manager sacked on 14:54 - Nov 25 with 1624 viewshomer_123

Another manager sacked on 14:50 - Nov 25 by TheMoralMajority

My point is, there is no magic bullet. All we can do (like anyone else) is spin the wheel and hope for the best.

FWIW we are clearly severely underachieving, before anyone decides to tarnish me as some kind of apologist.

You 'some kind of apologist', you!

Another manager sacked on 14:58 - Nov 25 with 1594 viewsTheMoralMajority

Another manager sacked on 14:54 - Nov 25 by homer_123

You 'some kind of apologist', you!

I'm sorry.

Another manager sacked on 14:59 - Nov 25 with 1587 viewshomer_123

Another manager sacked on 14:58 - Nov 25 by TheMoralMajority

I'm sorry.

A well thought out apology there.

Another manager sacked on 15:05 - Nov 25 with 1545 viewsitfcjoe

Another manager sacked on 14:50 - Nov 25 by TheMoralMajority

No, but I do think sometimes there is this view that time will sort everything out - but generally managers who get more time do so because they earn it.

Stability for the sake of stability isn't going to turn things round generally at a club

Another manager sacked on 15:32 - Nov 25 with 1426 viewsSitfcB

Another manager sacked on 15:05 - Nov 25 by itfcjoe

No, but I do think sometimes there is this view that time will sort everything out - but generally managers who get more time do so because they earn it.

Stability for the sake of stability isn't going to turn things round generally at a club

To keep changing the manager when things aren’t going well for a bit isn’t the way forward though surely, especially in a situation like ours. Cook should have this season at the very least.

COYB

Another manager sacked on 15:35 - Nov 25 with 1415 viewsitfcjoe

Another manager sacked on 15:32 - Nov 25 by SitfcB

To keep changing the manager when things aren’t going well for a bit isn’t the way forward though surely, especially in a situation like ours. Cook should have this season at the very least.

If he can't turn things round quickly then I don't see the point in persisting personally - he's not done anywhere near well enough to justify just being given more time for the sake of it.

This season is hanging by a thread as it is, last season was a promotion opportunity thrown away - I wouldn't give him a third chance to fail personally but who knows what the powers that be think

Another manager sacked on 15:42 - Nov 25 with 1379 viewsSitfcB

Another manager sacked on 15:35 - Nov 25 by itfcjoe

If he can't turn things round quickly then I don't see the point in persisting personally - he's not done anywhere near well enough to justify just being given more time for the sake of it.

This season is hanging by a thread as it is, last season was a promotion opportunity thrown away - I wouldn't give him a third chance to fail personally but who knows what the powers that be think

So you’re at the point of no return for Cook? I know you’ve not always been keen although you did list him as one of your candidates to replace Lambert.

The poor start has damaged us, cut the first 5/6 games out of the season and it wouldn’t look as bad.

Like I said yesterday it’s just like we are a new club starting again with all the new stuff, just think in these circumstances we should be giving him a bit more time.

COYB

Another manager sacked on 15:47 - Nov 25 with 1351 viewsitfcjoe

Another manager sacked on 15:42 - Nov 25 by SitfcB

So you’re at the point of no return for Cook? I know you’ve not always been keen although you did list him as one of your candidates to replace Lambert.

The poor start has damaged us, cut the first 5/6 games out of the season and it wouldn’t look as bad.

Like I said yesterday it’s just like we are a new club starting again with all the new stuff, just think in these circumstances we should be giving him a bit more time.

Certainly not the point of no return, but I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed to find he had gone now - if we are to make a change I'd be looking to do it ASAP to give the new guy a proper run of things....but I suspect we'll beat Crewe and then stumble through a few games and then that will be it both for him and our season.

I wasn't keen from when I saw how poor a job he did last year, and didn't like way he just blamed players every week - but by time new squad was in place I was happy enough and expected to see him have us right up there - but whatever it is he has had elsewhere, he certainly doesn't seem to have here - the simplistic answer is Richardson, but sure much more to it than that and he just doesn't seem a good fit.

It's a shame, as I do genuinely like him, and think that if he could have got us going it would be fun - but just seems a bad fit in our new structure

Another manager sacked on 15:52 - Nov 25 with 1304 viewsbluefunk

Another manager sacked on 14:46 - Nov 25 by itfcjoe

You sure about that, Ferguson was one game from the sack, a 3rd cup tie against Forest at the City Ground which they unexpectedly won, and Sir Bob was the subject of a board apology because the crowd were chanting for his dismissal, neither had won anything 9 months into the job
Another manager sacked on 15:56 - Nov 25 with 1286 viewsitfcjoe

Another manager sacked on 15:52 - Nov 25 by bluefunk

You sure about that, Ferguson was one game from the sack, a 3rd cup tie against Forest at the City Ground which they unexpectedly won, and Sir Bob was the subject of a board apology because the crowd were chanting for his dismissal, neither had won anything 9 months into the job

Yes, they didn't struggle from the start - they took the clubs forwards, got credit in the bank and then went backwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024