Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Green 'Un - TWTD! 19:19 - Nov 25 with 3457 viewsrfretwell

Clive Baker mentioned being amazed how the Green Un was in the newsagents by 6.00pm on Saturdays with even all the local non league match reports. The best of all was the report on the Olive Leaf's matches - absolutely hilarious they were. Anyone know who the scribe was? One day i'll dig up my old Green Uns in our loft.
The Green 'Un - TWTD! on 14:09 - Nov 26 with 571 viewsRyorry

Also a flag of recognition for fellow ITFC-ers travelling to or inhabiting distant places - my best was in Glasgow Airport medical centre having a back-resting lie-down whilst waiting for a connecting flight, when one of the medics saw me reading it & came up to introduce himself!

Brilliant paper which I subscribed to as a way of keeping in touch in pre-internet days in Yorkshire.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

I used to play cricket for Mellis on 14:18 - Nov 26 with 552 viewsDubtractor

I used to play cricket for Mellis on 10:45 - Nov 26 by Lord_Lucan

You are talking about The Railway on Foxhall Rd, we are talking about The Railway Tavern in Mellis.

Joyce had The Railway on Foxhall Rd with her husband Chris, when he died she eventually took over The Black Horse.

She was indeed a formidable women, not the easiest on the eye but nice enough in a way.

Ah, it would help if I read the thread properly!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I used to play cricket for Mellis on 16:29 - Nov 26 with 508 viewsLeaky

I used to play cricket for Mellis on 10:45 - Nov 26 by Lord_Lucan

You are talking about The Railway on Foxhall Rd, we are talking about The Railway Tavern in Mellis.

Joyce had The Railway on Foxhall Rd with her husband Chris, when he died she eventually took over The Black Horse.

She was indeed a formidable women, not the easiest on the eye but nice enough in a way.

Chris died when they were at the Black Horse. I used to do plumbing jobs for them even though I live near Huntingdon. Used plan jobs when there was an evening game on.
or Saturday mornings.
The Green 'Un - TWTD! on 16:45 - Nov 26 with 494 viewsPortwoman

As a teenager I read the Green'un avidly - Town's report first, then the Olive Leaf notes, superbly written by the late Paul 'Digger' Crane. They were hilarious and for a while I was naive enough to believe some of the ridiculous exploits Digger reported! Mr PW knew most of the team and later introduced me to Arkle and Digger.
The Green 'Un - TWTD! on 18:40 - Nov 26 with 459 viewsmonty_radio

The Green 'Un - TWTD! on 16:45 - Nov 26 by Portwoman

As a teenager I read the Green'un avidly - Town's report first, then the Olive Leaf notes, superbly written by the late Paul 'Digger' Crane. They were hilarious and for a while I was naive enough to believe some of the ridiculous exploits Digger reported! Mr PW knew most of the team and later introduced me to Arkle and Digger.

They were prescribed reading for those I.T.K.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

The Green 'Un - TWTD! on 19:28 - Nov 26 with 426 viewsjontysnut

I used to like how the big match reporters would get some copy in early by starting of with a description of the weather and the pitch.
The Green 'Un - TWTD! on 07:54 - Nov 27 with 355 viewsWarkystache

The Green 'Un - TWTD! on 09:21 - Nov 26 by woodbridge_blue

I can remember as a ten or eleven year old waiting at the Cross Corner in Woodbridge on Saturday evenings to collect a copy, it usually arriving by 6.15 at the latest.

Years later I was "View From The Bridge" for Woodbridge Town, and used to phone through match reports at half-time and full-time, always impressed by the efficiency and organisation of this much cherished, and much missed publication.

I was 'The Shelterite' for FC Clacton!!!

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024