Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
South Africa back on the Covid red list 20:51 - Nov 25 with 4310 viewsElderGrizzly

Cases already in UK, but Govt currently waiting to release news

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 20:55 - Nov 25 with 2447 viewsSteve_M

Good summary here too:

In short, limited numbers so far but data is a concern. UK government is doing what it should have done with India and the Delta variant.

The whole world needs to be vaccinated not just he richest part.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 20:57 - Nov 25 with 2418 viewsElderGrizzly

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 20:55 - Nov 25 by Steve_M

Good summary here too:

In short, limited numbers so far but data is a concern. UK government is doing what it should have done with India and the Delta variant.

Your last line is what i’ve been saying for 12 months to those obsessed with wanting to travel.

This doesn’t end until that happens
South Africa back on the Covid red list on 20:59 - Nov 25 with 2411 viewsElderGrizzly

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 20:57 - Nov 25 by ElderGrizzly

Your last line is what i’ve been saying for 12 months to those obsessed with wanting to travel.

This doesn’t end until that happens

Javid confirming it now

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:04 - Nov 25 with 2357 viewsLord_Lucan

What's happening about Bulgaria? I'm thinking about getting a new set of teeth in January.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:08 - Nov 25 with 2342 viewsElderGrizzly

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:04 - Nov 25 by Lord_Lucan

What's happening about Bulgaria? I'm thinking about getting a new set of teeth in January.

A lot of Eastern Europe is struggling with vaccine take-up.

Expect to see multiple lockdowns in that part of the world throughout winter months
South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:10 - Nov 25 with 2334 viewswkj

I thought Covid was supposed to be getting like the flu.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:18 - Nov 25 with 2291 viewsLord_Lucan

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:08 - Nov 25 by ElderGrizzly

A lot of Eastern Europe is struggling with vaccine take-up.

Expect to see multiple lockdowns in that part of the world throughout winter months

Coincidently a friend of mine is currently having his teeth second fit in Hungary and I spoke with him today and he tells me that since arriving Hungary has been put on the red list so he is wondering if he will have to hotel quarantine when he returns.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 21:18]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:22 - Nov 25 with 2241 viewsPendejo

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:10 - Nov 25 by wkj

Yep comes around annually with new strains... And you can get a booster jab!

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Login to get fewer ads

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:24 - Nov 25 with 2225 viewsLord_Lucan

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:10 - Nov 25 by wkj

Slightly off topic but I've had my anti vaxing Polish sparky in tonight and he is 100% adamant that he isn't getting a jab and nor is his wife.

He is concerned that eventually sites where he works will insist on workers being jabbed. He doesn't want to be jabbed because he feels that not enough testing has been done.

I'm double jabbed and going for my booster on Sunday so I'm with the vax program but I must admit, I agree that he should be able to decide if he does or does not take the jab.

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:29 - Nov 25 with 2192 viewspointofblue

The Government has actually moved quickly? Have they distracted Johnson with another trip to Peppa Pig World?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:32 - Nov 25 with 2174 viewsStokieBlue

Posted about this last night, the number of mutations in the spike protein is horrendous and it now looks like it has the same or better mutations for transmission as well which wasn't reported last night.

Common cold eh digger?

Very worrying.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:35 - Nov 25 with 2140 viewsElderGrizzly

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:18 - Nov 25 by Lord_Lucan

Coincidently a friend of mine is currently having his teeth second fit in Hungary and I spoke with him today and he tells me that since arriving Hungary has been put on the red list so he is wondering if he will have to hotel quarantine when he returns.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 21:18]

Hungary isn’t on the red list
South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:36 - Nov 25 with 2140 viewsStokieBlue

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 20:55 - Nov 25 by Steve_M

Good summary here too:

Exactly what I said last night.

Initially they were saying that so many mutations could only happen in someone with a weak immune system like an untreated HIV patient with no vaccine.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:37 - Nov 25 with 2114 viewsLord_Lucan

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:35 - Nov 25 by ElderGrizzly

Hungary isn’t on the red list

Oh, he has been misinformed then, I shall phone him now.

I think I will get my new teeth in Bulgaria anyway, it's a bit dearer but I have an uncle there.

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:39 - Nov 25 with 2095 viewsTrequartista

Bad news about the existence of this variant of course, although both BBC and SKY news reporting that no cases are confirmed in the UK so probably best to amend that.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:42 - Nov 25 with 2050 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

But Christmas!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:43 - Nov 25 with 2027 viewswkj

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:24 - Nov 25 by Lord_Lucan

Slightly off topic but I've had my anti vaxing Polish sparky in tonight and he is 100% adamant that he isn't getting a jab and nor is his wife.

He is concerned that eventually sites where he works will insist on workers being jabbed. He doesn't want to be jabbed because he feels that not enough testing has been done.

I'm double jabbed and going for my booster on Sunday so I'm with the vax program but I must admit, I agree that he should be able to decide if he does or does not take the jab.

Someone making a decision based on rational motivation is one thing -

Someone being coerced into a decision based on building 'facts' around a rigid conclusion is another entirely, especially when some people who spread misinformation are doing it purely to hurt or scare people.

'Covid being like the flu in sping' is not as rational as someone unsure about the quality of testing.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:52 - Nov 25 with 1967 viewsMeadowlark

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:24 - Nov 25 by Lord_Lucan

Testing has been done by virtue of the fact that it's worked.
I think there is a general misunderstanding between drugs and vaccines. A vaccine works in a matter of weeks and if any side effects are likely, they will appear within this time scale. Of course it is possible that there could be unknown long term effects, but this is highly unlikely.as the same technologies and techniques are used in all vaccines.
If he is not jabbed, and gets seriously ill when he gets Covid will he rely on the NHS who are recommending vaccines, or will he refuse the treatment too, because that has not been tested?
South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:53 - Nov 25 with 1963 viewsLord_Lucan

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:43 - Nov 25 by wkj

Someone making a decision based on rational motivation is one thing -

Someone being coerced into a decision based on building 'facts' around a rigid conclusion is another entirely, especially when some people who spread misinformation are doing it purely to hurt or scare people.

'Covid being like the flu in sping' is not as rational as someone unsure about the quality of testing.

You are preaching to the converted - but I do believe that people should have a choice.

Ryorry posted recently about the possibility of governments forcibly injecting people with all sorts of sh1t and I have to say I agree with her.

People get so high and mighty and think they know it all. Me, I'll take the advice and roll with it but I completely respect people should be allowed to say no.

This post has been edited by an administrator

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:57 - Nov 25 with 1944 viewsElderGrizzly

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:39 - Nov 25 by Trequartista

Bad news about the existence of this variant of course, although both BBC and SKY news reporting that no cases are confirmed in the UK so probably best to amend that.

Confirmed has many meanings in Govt.

There are already suspected cases here and they are tracing almost 10,000 people from the last 7 days.
South Africa back on the Covid red list on 22:08 - Nov 25 with 1852 viewsLord_Lucan

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:52 - Nov 25 by Meadowlark

Testing has been done by virtue of the fact that it's worked.
I think there is a general misunderstanding between drugs and vaccines. A vaccine works in a matter of weeks and if any side effects are likely, they will appear within this time scale. Of course it is possible that there could be unknown long term effects, but this is highly unlikely.as the same technologies and techniques are used in all vaccines.
If he is not jabbed, and gets seriously ill when he gets Covid will he rely on the NHS who are recommending vaccines, or will he refuse the treatment too, because that has not been tested?

Again, you are preaching to the converted.

But.......He has his opinion and I 100% respect that. When we had a light hearted argument he told me he had complete faith in his immune system and he would rather die from Covid than get jabbed.

Of course I disagree but I believe he has the right to make up his own mind.

As for NHS treatment, yes of course he should be offered it, just the same as smokers, drinkers, cave tunneling weirdos and sexual deviants.

If he gets lucky he might be treated by the many NHS heroes who are refusing the vaccine.

Jobs a good'n!

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 22:15 - Nov 25 with 1812 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:57 - Nov 25 by ElderGrizzly

There are already suspected cases here and they are tracing almost 10,000 people from the last 7 days.

In which case the only sensible course will be for Johnson to cancel Christmas again.....oh well, every cloud and all that!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 22:31 - Nov 25 with 1744 viewsLord_Lucan

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 22:15 - Nov 25 by BanksterDebtSlave

In which case the only sensible course will be for Johnson to cancel Christmas again.....oh well, every cloud and all that!

Although unlike most people I am not a Covid expert I have from the start had the opinion that we should brake and go (repeat to fade)

Or we could all individually make our own decisions against running the risk of seeing our grandchildren or be stuck alone to fester.

There are of course times when unfortunately we must be told to do what The Man says but at this point I think we are doing ok - and long may it last.

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 22:38 - Nov 25 with 1708 viewsTrequartista

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 21:57 - Nov 25 by ElderGrizzly

Suspected. Hmmm.

I've no quarrel with you at all, believe me, and i would go as far as to say it is probably inevitable this mutation will get into the UK, but there's something very unsettling to me about the scrutiny of your op in comparison to what i can detect may have been in the removed thread. I'll leave it there.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 23:04 - Nov 25 with 1604 viewsjeera

South Africa back on the Covid red list on 22:08 - Nov 25 by Lord_Lucan

Again, you are preaching to the converted.

But.......He has his opinion and I 100% respect that. When we had a light hearted argument he told me he had complete faith in his immune system and he would rather die from Covid than get jabbed.

Of course I disagree but I believe he has the right to make up his own mind.

As for NHS treatment, yes of course he should be offered it, just the same as smokers, drinkers, cave tunneling weirdos and sexual deviants.

If he gets lucky he might be treated by the many NHS heroes who are refusing the vaccine.

Jobs a good'n!

"smokers, drinkers, cave tunnelling weirdos and sexual deviants."

I only do one of those things, but have to say if there was a possibility of all those things happening at once at some kind of party, I might actually be interested in at least seeing the trailer.

I agree with your take on your mate being able to choose about what goes into his own body, but also feel that others should have the choice whether to have him mix with them or not which I suppose would make me pro-passport which isn't something I thought I would say in the past.

I suppose we all sometimes want things all ways.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 23:12]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024