Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Female Dr Who = male crime 23:26 - Nov 25 with 2310 viewsDubtractor

Have we covered this one? Some of the statements from this bell end are breathtaking.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/25/bond-doctor-who-casting-women-r

Edited to include the actual speech.

[Post edited 25 Nov 2021 23:30]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Female Dr Who = male crime on 23:06 - Nov 26 with 535 viewsfooters

Female Dr Who = male crime on 22:54 - Nov 26 by GlasgowBlue

I’m sure people read what they want to read due to their own confirmation bias rather than what is written in the post.

I didn’t defend what he said. I made it perfectly clear that I disagree with his point that role models such as Tommy Shelby are the reason young men turn to violent crime.

I merely pointed out that what he is reported to have said, was not what he actually said. Men do not commit violent crime because the new doctor who has tits. And he never said that.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 22:55]

If that wasn't his point, why did he raise it as an example?

There are plenty of positive male role models out there for young people to follow. For him to include it as a reason for his 'point' is telling.

Maybe he shouldn't be part of a party that's defunded and demoralised the police and social services so much. But hey, one the 2019 intake, I think, so it's to be expected.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Female Dr Who = male crime on 23:07 - Nov 26 with 535 viewsjeera

Female Dr Who = male crime on 22:46 - Nov 26 by Nthsuffolkblue

Indeed. It is a good point but clumsily made. What he is really alluding to is what identity do males identify with?

There is a massive issue with male underachievement in education and this expert https://global.oup.com/education/content/primary/experts/gary-wilson/?region=uk has some notable research on some of what lies behind it. Much of it are subliminal cultural things like what the MP is referring to in saying positive male role models are being replaced with females. In one way it is harmless but the message that could be portrayed is that women are better than men and men are better suited to unsuccessful/darker roles. Clearly not the intention in changing these characters but the way we relate to role models is not entirely logically reasoned.

Role models have got to come from what kids experience in their daily lives mate, in their own families, school, within their own environment, not TV screens.

And support for families who are unable to provide appropriate framework for children and support for the communities which are lacking in adequate means to educate and guide kids as they grow up.

I would definitely question parents who allow their kids to watch things like some of the programmes mentioned too, i.e. Peaky Blinders.

Maybe some further guidance on age appropriate stuff wouldn't go amiss if the government are concerned about such matters rather than counting solely on implementing 9 O'Clock as some magic deadline that will sort itself out.

Dunno, maybe I've got this wrong, but it feels like the usual deflection of responsibility from the top.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Female Dr Who = male crime on 00:26 - Nov 27 with 483 viewstractordownsouth

Classic 2019 intake.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Female Dr Who = male crime on 01:17 - Nov 27 with 464 viewsTractorboy24

Female Dr Who = male crime on 23:07 - Nov 26 by jeera

Role models have got to come from what kids experience in their daily lives mate, in their own families, school, within their own environment, not TV screens.

And support for families who are unable to provide appropriate framework for children and support for the communities which are lacking in adequate means to educate and guide kids as they grow up.

I would definitely question parents who allow their kids to watch things like some of the programmes mentioned too, i.e. Peaky Blinders.

Maybe some further guidance on age appropriate stuff wouldn't go amiss if the government are concerned about such matters rather than counting solely on implementing 9 O'Clock as some magic deadline that will sort itself out.

Dunno, maybe I've got this wrong, but it feels like the usual deflection of responsibility from the top.

As always the voice of reason, Jeera. Kids now don’t look to TV for role models, the watershed pushes them towards gaming & they will take their role models from that world. (My 8 year old has shown more interest in caravans on TV than Dr Who and whether that is a male or female)

They will see/hear more on the games they play/stream than what they see on TV, so then it’s weighing up if it’s appropriate to have an overweight white guy saving a women is good to have as the hero or should they look to a blue alien hedgehog trying to defeat the white. . . overweight guy?
Female Dr Who = male crime on 01:44 - Nov 27 with 449 viewsBLUEGOLD

I’m sure people read what they want to read due to their own confirmation bias rather than what is written in the post.

I didn’t defend what he said. I made it perfectly clear that I disagree with his point that role models such as Tommy Shelby are the reason young men turn to violent crime.

I merely pointed out that what he is reported to have said, was not what he actually said. Men do not commit violent crime because the new doctor who has tits. And he never said that.

Listen again to what he actually said.

He lists roles once played by men that are now played by women, then mentions the Krays and Tommy Shelby and says is there any wonder we see so many young men committing crime.

He is obviously thick or worse, as are you for trying to stand up for him in a Tucker Carlson some people are saying way.

You are really still and always have been a Tory fanboy.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 1:46]
Female Dr Who = male crime on 03:00 - Nov 27 with 441 viewsKropotkin123

I didn't say you "defended what he said". Nor did you say that you say "I dont want to defend what he said".

You said "I dont want to defend the bloke" and I said "you did defend him", which is true. You wrote a lengthy post defending him against misrepresentation.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Female Dr Who = male crime on 04:30 - Nov 27 with 430 viewsRyorry

I'll just drop this in here -

Someone also made the point that since Dr Who was apparently intended as a non-human creation, genders may not be relevant ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Female Dr Who = male crime on 15:27 - Nov 27 with 354 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Female Dr Who = male crime on 23:07 - Nov 26 by jeera

Role models come from whatever is in the public eye. You might like that all families have great role models within them, however, that isn't the reality in any way.

Have a read of some of Gary Wilson's observations and you see where the lazy white boy image is developed. You may disagree, but he is based in good research and makes his point quite well.

It is a far bigger issue than the Doctor Who (poorly chosen) example and I am not sure the MP in question is really close to grasping the nettle of what is at the centre of it. But there is a real issue.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024