Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday 05:01 - Nov 26 with 3225 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Asides from the Cheltenham (and Grand National) threads that I post onto here and elsewhere, I’ve only put up two horses this year. One was a disappointing loser and the other was the 45/1 winner back in January that half of TWTD seemed to be on. Takingrisks it was aptly called. However, the good/bad news is I have another I really fancy running this weekend.

In the Ladbrokes Trophy at Newbury - Kitty’s Light at 10/1 each way (7 places Skybet and William Hill).

He’s looking to be the youngest horse for many years to win the race which some might see as a big negative and is a huge part as to his price. However, for one so young he’s incredibly experienced in these types of races and I’ve long thought he’d run huge if in the Ladbroke with the pace the race is run at every year. He wants a trip. Always has and always will. Look at his run last year at Wincanton (very flat track and the race becomes a sprint down the back straight) where he was flat to the boards before staying on remarkably over 3m in the last 2 furlongs to finish a remarkable 2nd. He must’ve passed at least 10 horses in the straight.

Fast forward to the end of last season in the Bet365 Gold Cup when he stayed on again up the hill after the last fence and was about to win before the leader took him out and carried him left. That horse was disqualified back with Kitty’s Light moved up to second but as another horse benefitted from the antics of the leader, KL by rule could only be given second. An absolute robbery. I was on him that day too. He loved the 3m 5f trip.

This will be his third run of the season after a good performance on his seasonal reappearance when second and then a personal best (arguably) when running second (would’ve been third but for the leader Shan Blue tumbling at the last when clear) in a Grade 2. Once again in both of those two runs he stayed on powerfully. And both races were over 3 miles.

The Ladbroke (it’s the Hennessy to those of us who have some level of tradition in the Sport) is over 3m 2f and it’s renowned for being run at a fast pace from the start. Put frankly, his staying power makes him absolutely perfect for this. Reminds me of what I expected with Takingrisks when he won for us as a horse that is a proven stayer and I can’t see him not placing at the very least.. but wouldn’t at all be suprised to see him win. I really fancy him here. He may even get his preferred ground of good to soft where he’s had his best results but even if it turns soft, that won’t trouble him. And it will slow his rivals down which may actually be a benefit.

It’s a quality race as it always is but Kitty’s Light is young, improving, has the experience in a big field handicap like this, is consistent, has got everything he wants here (trip, fast pace, likely ground, track) and is a double figure price with 7 places on offer. I think he’s an absolutely superb bet and thought I just had to post it onto here.

Saturday Newbury 3:00 - Kitty’s Light at 10/1 each way (7 places Sky & WH)

Good luck all, gamble responsibly.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 5:20]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 16:38 - Nov 26 with 2640 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just a bump for those who didn’t see it since I posted it very early this morning

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 16:42 - Nov 26 with 2632 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

I lost on the last one you mentioned but in for a penny, in for pound.
Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 16:47 - Nov 26 with 2621 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 16:42 - Nov 26 by BlueBlueBluex2

I lost on the last one you mentioned but in for a penny, in for pound.

Indeed. Two I put up this year were the January 45/1 winner and the very disappointing performance of the loser you’d backed later in the year.

Back in the day (I’m talking 5 years ago now at least), I probably did these threads twice a month. Had some good times (Laugh a Minute at 28/1 at York did a few on here a turn) but unfortunately once 4 or 5 lose in a row in such short time span of a couple months, it looked like I was losing (when obviously with those prices I wasn’t). Throw in the anti-gambling and anti-racing posters on here and my threads became more trouble than they were worth.

I sort of compromised with Callis and the like that I’d stay off the vegan threads if they could leave my racing threads a few times a year plus the Cheltenham and Aintree meeting previews that I post in a few different places on the Internet. That’s worked well. As I say a lot these days, peace and love.

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 16:51 - Nov 26 with 2600 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 16:47 - Nov 26 by The_Romford_Blue

Indeed. Two I put up this year were the January 45/1 winner and the very disappointing performance of the loser you’d backed later in the year.

Back in the day (I’m talking 5 years ago now at least), I probably did these threads twice a month. Had some good times (Laugh a Minute at 28/1 at York did a few on here a turn) but unfortunately once 4 or 5 lose in a row in such short time span of a couple months, it looked like I was losing (when obviously with those prices I wasn’t). Throw in the anti-gambling and anti-racing posters on here and my threads became more trouble than they were worth.

I sort of compromised with Callis and the like that I’d stay off the vegan threads if they could leave my racing threads a few times a year plus the Cheltenham and Aintree meeting previews that I post in a few different places on the Internet. That’s worked well. As I say a lot these days, peace and love.

I recall, I have had a few winners myself following your tips going back over the years.

Kicked myself as I missed the 45/1

A score each way on tomorrow, wife not impressed. Blamed you.
Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 16:59 - Nov 26 with 2584 viewsITFC_Forever

A couple of quid on, based on the logic you must get one right sooner or later....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 18:10 - Nov 26 with 2533 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 16:59 - Nov 26 by ITFC_Forever

A couple of quid on, based on the logic you must get one right sooner or later....

99% sure I remember you thanking me for a horse winning once. Wasn’t the 45/1 shot in January.

Think it was One For Arthur in the National a few years ago at 20/1

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 19:00 - Nov 26 with 2481 viewsITFC_Forever

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 18:10 - Nov 26 by The_Romford_Blue

99% sure I remember you thanking me for a horse winning once. Wasn’t the 45/1 shot in January.

Think it was One For Arthur in the National a few years ago at 20/1

No, wasn’t the 45-1.

I did win on One For Arthur, but I backed it as it was my late uncle’s name, rather than anything else.

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 08:32 - Nov 27 with 2328 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

14/1 now with Hills 7 places

Login to get fewer ads

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 08:50 - Nov 27 with 2294 viewsWestover

I'm on Rommy but because I live in the Algarve I can't get a betting account the only way I can bet is on the barkingbuzz Irish greyhound site but it's tote betting only so I've just had a tenner to win because tote places are usually pay very poorly good luck.👍
[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 8:51]
Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 09:10 - Nov 27 with 2254 viewshype313

Cheers Rimmer's, paying 7 places so worth a cheeky nugget or two e/w

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 09:40 - Nov 27 with 2183 viewsJ2BLUE

Sleeping with dogs, fancying horses....we need to have a serious chat mate.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 12:40 - Nov 27 with 2044 viewsjacko77

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 08:32 - Nov 27 by The_Romford_Blue

14/1 now with Hills 7 places

22/1 on the exchanges,win only.
Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 12:58 - Nov 27 with 2025 viewsgtsb1966

I never gamble....so just had a tenner each way
Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 13:15 - Nov 27 with 1998 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 12:40 - Nov 27 by jacko77

22/1 on the exchanges,win only.

True but this type of horse isn’t one for ‘win only’. He’s a belter of a bet each way seven places but less so, even at bigger odds, as a win proposition

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 15:09 - Nov 27 with 1843 viewsITFC_Forever

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 16:59 - Nov 26 by ITFC_Forever

FFS Rommy.

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 15:10 - Nov 27 with 1835 viewswitchdoctor

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 15:09 - Nov 27 by ITFC_Forever

FFS Rommy.

😂😂😂….
Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 15:11 - Nov 27 with 1823 viewsjacko77

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 15:09 - Nov 27 by ITFC_Forever

FFS Rommy.

Just glad that horse got up tbh.
Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 15:12 - Nov 27 with 1823 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

FFS Rommy.

Very disappointing. Not ridden how he usually is. Tactically it’s a mess but it wasn’t a good performance nonetheless.

Time to move on I guess.

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 15:12 - Nov 27 with 1824 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 15:10 - Nov 27 by witchdoctor

😂😂😂….

I think, yes, sure that was last.

Wife wants a divorce due to all the ‘crap tips’ so every cloud
Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 15:22 - Nov 27 with 1784 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 15:12 - Nov 27 by BlueBlueBluex2

I think, yes, sure that was last.

Wife wants a divorce due to all the ‘crap tips’ so every cloud

Do think that’s a bit harsh. I’ve put up three horses this year on TWTD and one of them won at 50/1.

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 15:29 - Nov 27 with 1737 viewsBlueBlueBluex2

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 15:22 - Nov 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Do think that’s a bit harsh. I’ve put up three horses this year on TWTD and one of them won at 50/1.

I’m only messing about.

Let’s have more luck next time.
Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 15:35 - Nov 27 with 1712 viewsclive_baker

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 15:22 - Nov 27 by The_Romford_Blue

Cheers sons crying

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 15:59 - Nov 27 with 1649 viewsitfcjoe

The problem is that one won first

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 17:36 - Nov 27 with 1507 viewsRyorry

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 15:59 - Nov 27 by itfcjoe

The problem is that one won first

The golden rule for following tipsters is that people have to follow one consistently, or sod's law means they'll miss the biggie that not only covers any losses, but will put 'em well in profit.

The exception to this is of course when the biggie happens to be the first tip. When that's the case, cash in and step back to bank or spend the jolly at leisure!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 20:33 - Nov 27 with 1338 viewsRKD

Haven’t put many horses up this year but I fancy one big Saturday on 17:36 - Nov 27 by Ryorry

The golden rule for following tipsters is that people have to follow one consistently, or sod's law means they'll miss the biggie that not only covers any losses, but will put 'em well in profit.

The exception to this is of course when the biggie happens to be the first tip. When that's the case, cash in and step back to bank or spend the jolly at leisure!

That's a pretty dangerous belief to pedal. Encouraging people to keep betting when they are on a losing streak, even when you put aside the ethical issues with horse racing in general.

Poll: Edwards goal - shot or cross?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024