Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... 10:26 - Nov 26 with 1587 viewsOriginalMarkyP

... well organised...blah...experienced coach in X... blah blah... no easy games....blah blah... they carry a threat... blah blah...

Like listening to Lambert.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 13:20 - Nov 26 with 356 viewsChurchman

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:39 - Nov 26 by OriginalMarkyP

I actually don't care about Norwood any more than our other players. I just happen to think, as do a lot of people much more knowledgeable than me, that when fit he is the best out and out goalscorer at this club (check his stats, they unarguably show this to be the case) and while he's still on our books we should play him, especially when we aren't scoring goals.

Yes, ignoring the baggage that comes with him, for us he’s been a goal every two games. A good record. But he can’t keep fit. Two seasons, 40 appearances, 10 goals a season. You cannot build a team around that. At 31 his fitness isn’t going to improve. Impact sub at best.

Time for him to move on.
Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 15:01 - Nov 26 with 315 viewsDavoIPB

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 12:48 - Nov 26 by HighgateBlue

This can be said of the Sunderland matches and many more.

When they change the rules to hand out points for a subjective assessment that one side outplayed the other, we'll be in the playoff places. Until then, we have to work out how to ensure we score more than the opposition, which necessarily entails at least considering how to concede fewer than the opposition.

Time and time again, an assessment that we "outplayed" the opposition, or "played good football" is based on our ability to retain the ball by passing it around, and NO other elements of playing good football. Defending, creating chances, and scoring those chances being the obvious other three areas. These are key aspects of "outplaying" and key aspects of "playing good football". I appreciate on this occasion you're referring to a particular game in which we did create some chances, but my point remains. There is a selective view of what constitutes outplaying a side. Just consider the Rotherham game for example. One side outplayed the other, and it wasn't the 63% possession or the superior passing stats.

I was making the point that league 2 sides are not of the same caliber as league 1 sides and there is a big difference between the leagues.

I appreciate that creating chances and taking them constitutes effectively outplaying the opposition.
Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:43 - Nov 27 with 271 viewsStewart27

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:51 - Nov 26 by OriginalMarkyP

Im talking about his career stats.

They are better. And in League One it shouldn't make that much of a difference if some of those stats are from League 2.

The key thing when you look at his stats is that he has scored a lot of goals consistently wherever he's been, whereas Bonne and Pigott's stats show troughs and peaks

Let's be clear. I'm not saying he is a better footballer. He is a better goalscorer. The statistics clearly show that. Look them up and do some sums if you don't believe me. I have.

Norwood’s town record in league one is better than Bonne’s town record in league one? Are you sure?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024