Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... 10:26 - Nov 26 with 1594 viewsOriginalMarkyP

... well organised...blah...experienced coach in X... blah blah... no easy games....blah blah... they carry a threat... blah blah...

Like listening to Lambert.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:28 - Nov 26 with 1226 viewsSitfcB

Not sure what people expect a manager to say when it comes to this.

You want him to say ‘yeah they’re f’king sh!t we should roll them over’?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:29 - Nov 26 with 1208 viewsStokieBlue

You're just upset that you can't post about Norwood on a daily basis.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:29 - Nov 26 with 1208 viewsDavoIPB

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:28 - Nov 26 by SitfcB

Be good to hear him say that we should beat them though! That we are a really good team (he may have to lie there though) and that we shouldn't be worried about anybody in this league.
Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:32 - Nov 26 with 1187 viewsSitfcB

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:29 - Nov 26 by DavoIPB

Be good to hear him say that we should beat them though! That we are a really good team (he may have to lie there though) and that we shouldn't be worried about anybody in this league.

Yeah let’s write the team talk for the Crewe manager.

Plus Cook would be called disrespectful as well.

Dear oh dear.

COYB

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:32 - Nov 26 with 1182 viewswkj

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:29 - Nov 26 by StokieBlue

SB

I think Marky P must be his agent.

I'll leave it there.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 10:34]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:34 - Nov 26 with 1176 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:28 - Nov 26 by SitfcB

No but I'd be happier if he said 'They're a good side, but a good side we need to beat. We need to get amongst the goals again and start winning games if we want to climb the table. I'm not saying it will be easy, it most definetly won't. Crewe won't let it be. But it's not about Crewe, it's about us and we need to WIN. '

Something like that.

Hold on, I'll write it..... on 10:34 - Nov 26 with 1172 viewsBloots

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:32 - Nov 26 by SitfcB

Yeah let’s write the team talk for the Crewe manager.

Plus Cook would be called disrespectful as well.

Dear oh dear.

...."they play 4-2-3-1".

Sorted.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:39 - Nov 26 with 1148 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:29 - Nov 26 by StokieBlue

SB

I actually don't care about Norwood any more than our other players. I just happen to think, as do a lot of people much more knowledgeable than me, that when fit he is the best out and out goalscorer at this club (check his stats, they unarguably show this to be the case) and while he's still on our books we should play him, especially when we aren't scoring goals.

Login to get fewer ads

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:44 - Nov 26 with 1118 viewsStokieBlue

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:39 - Nov 26 by OriginalMarkyP

I actually don't care about Norwood any more than our other players. I just happen to think, as do a lot of people much more knowledgeable than me, that when fit he is the best out and out goalscorer at this club (check his stats, they unarguably show this to be the case) and while he's still on our books we should play him, especially when we aren't scoring goals.

Not sure his stats are historically better than Pigotts at this level or better than Bonne's at this level over a goals per game basis.

If you're going to cite stats, it's probably best not to make them up.

SB

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:46 - Nov 26 with 1092 viewsGarv

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:34 - Nov 26 by OriginalMarkyP

No but I'd be happier if he said 'They're a good side, but a good side we need to beat. We need to get amongst the goals again and start winning games if we want to climb the table. I'm not saying it will be easy, it most definetly won't. Crewe won't let it be. But it's not about Crewe, it's about us and we need to WIN. '

Something like that.

One of the criticisms of Cook is that he focuses too much on what his own side can do and doesn't adjust tactically depending on who we're playing.

The bloke can't win.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:50 - Nov 26 with 1073 viewsChurchman

Instead of the usual no easy games rubbish (which itself is nonsense - Rotherham had one on Tuesday), it would be great if he said.

‘The opposition are bottom of the table easy meat. Fodder. I expect to be resting a few players second half after we’ve put the game to bed’’We are playing a little club whose home support is smaller than our away support and whose players are paid peanuts’.They’re wasting their time even coming here, but I suppose it is their cup final’’Roll on Saturday 5pm when our goal difference will have had a really good boost’

The Muhammad Ali approach! It worked for him…..mostly.

Maybe not.
Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:51 - Nov 26 with 1062 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:44 - Nov 26 by StokieBlue

Not sure his stats are historically better than Pigotts at this level or better than Bonne's at this level over a goals per game basis.

If you're going to cite stats, it's probably best not to make them up.

SB

Im talking about his career stats.

They are better. And in League One it shouldn't make that much of a difference if some of those stats are from League 2.

The key thing when you look at his stats is that he has scored a lot of goals consistently wherever he's been, whereas Bonne and Pigott's stats show troughs and peaks

Let's be clear. I'm not saying he is a better footballer. He is a better goalscorer. The statistics clearly show that. Look them up and do some sums if you don't believe me. I have.

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:53 - Nov 26 with 1048 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:46 - Nov 26 by Garv

One of the criticisms of Cook is that he focuses too much on what his own side can do and doesn't adjust tactically depending on who we're playing.

The bloke can't win.

Not this season he can't.

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:54 - Nov 26 with 1047 viewsSitfcB

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:39 - Nov 26 by OriginalMarkyP

Should be given a run out in the cup games, unless Cook doesn’t give out second chances.

COYB

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:55 - Nov 26 with 1044 viewsDavoIPB

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:51 - Nov 26 by OriginalMarkyP

They are better. And in League One it shouldn't make that much of a difference if some of those stats are from League 2.

The key thing when you look at his stats is that he has scored a lot of goals consistently wherever he's been, whereas Bonne and Pigott's stats show troughs and peaks

Let's be clear. I'm not saying he is a better footballer. He is a better goalscorer. The statistics clearly show that. Look them up and do some sums if you don't believe me. I have.

There is a huge difference between league 1 and league 2. Have you seen Colchester play?
Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:57 - Nov 26 with 1034 viewsStokieBlue

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:51 - Nov 26 by OriginalMarkyP

Goals in the conference and League 2 don't count.

SB

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:58 - Nov 26 with 1028 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:55 - Nov 26 by DavoIPB

There is a huge difference between league 1 and league 2. Have you seen Colchester play?

yes. We've played them twice and couldn't beat them.

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 11:00 - Nov 26 with 1016 viewsDavoIPB

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:58 - Nov 26 by OriginalMarkyP

We totally outplayed them just missed good chances.
Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 11:03 - Nov 26 with 1006 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 11:00 - Nov 26 by DavoIPB

Chances Norwood would perhaps have scored?

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 11:17 - Nov 26 with 977 viewswkj

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 11:03 - Nov 26 by OriginalMarkyP

Chances Norwood would perhaps have scored?

Perhaps. Shame he damaged his relationship with the club and management if so.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Another MarkyP Thread? on 11:22 - Nov 26 with 961 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 11:42 - Nov 26 with 908 viewsFtnfwest

In a false position?
Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 12:12 - Nov 26 with 846 viewsSwansea_Blue

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 10:58 - Nov 26 by OriginalMarkyP

Touché. Hard to argue with that argument.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 12:48 - Nov 26 with 775 viewsHighgateBlue

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 11:00 - Nov 26 by DavoIPB

This can be said of the Sunderland matches and many more.

When they change the rules to hand out points for a subjective assessment that one side outplayed the other, we'll be in the playoff places. Until then, we have to work out how to ensure we score more than the opposition, which necessarily entails at least considering how to concede fewer than the opposition.

Time and time again, an assessment that we "outplayed" the opposition, or "played good football" is based on our ability to retain the ball by passing it around, and NO other elements of playing good football. Defending, creating chances, and scoring those chances being the obvious other three areas. These are key aspects of "outplaying" and key aspects of "playing good football". I appreciate on this occasion you're referring to a particular game in which we did create some chances, but my point remains. There is a selective view of what constitutes outplaying a side. Just consider the Rotherham game for example. One side outplayed the other, and it wasn't the 63% possession or the superior passing stats.
Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 12:57 - Nov 26 with 753 viewsquad

Crewe are a very well coached, solid side... on 12:48 - Nov 26 by HighgateBlue

This can be said of the Sunderland matches and many more.

When they change the rules to hand out points for a subjective assessment that one side outplayed the other, we'll be in the playoff places. Until then, we have to work out how to ensure we score more than the opposition, which necessarily entails at least considering how to concede fewer than the opposition.

Time and time again, an assessment that we "outplayed" the opposition, or "played good football" is based on our ability to retain the ball by passing it around, and NO other elements of playing good football. Defending, creating chances, and scoring those chances being the obvious other three areas. These are key aspects of "outplaying" and key aspects of "playing good football". I appreciate on this occasion you're referring to a particular game in which we did create some chances, but my point remains. There is a selective view of what constitutes outplaying a side. Just consider the Rotherham game for example. One side outplayed the other, and it wasn't the 63% possession or the superior passing stats.

Nail on the head.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024