Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January additions. 11:43 - Nov 26 with 1496 viewsOwainG1992

What do we need?

For me a key figurehead with experience at CB would be ideal.
Along the lines of when we got James Collins a few years ago but ideally less injury prone.

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

January additions. on 11:49 - Nov 26 with 1287 viewsBloomBlue

Haven't we got that already with Edmundson?
January additions. on 11:50 - Nov 26 with 1288 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Striker for when Norwood and Jackson inevitably leave
January additions. on 11:51 - Nov 26 with 1283 views66notout

Blimey, of all the options at your disposal that's it? Collins was a waste of money and contributed zero, except to his pension pot. One of many dreadful deals in which this club has been involved in what seems like an eternity.
January additions. on 11:55 - Nov 26 with 1253 viewshunty21

Full backs for me , ones that have an end product and can defend, and striker maybe somone from our rivals
January additions. on 11:58 - Nov 26 with 1236 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Captains.

I'm really worried when Morsy serves his inevitable ban, it's going to leave us very lightweight and with no real leadership.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

January additions. on 12:16 - Nov 26 with 1203 viewsIllinoisblue

A new manager.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

January additions. on 12:23 - Nov 26 with 1165 viewsSomethingBlue

Centre-back to partner Edmundson, seems Burgess isn't going to work out.

Left-back unless we can shake some durability into Coulson.

Striker who can offer something different, this is a priority because Bonne and Pigott aren't enough over a season.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

January additions. on 12:39 - Nov 26 with 1124 viewsHerbivore

Unless Coulson stops being made of wafer we need a first choice left back. Right back I think we're okay, I'm hopeful KVY will come good and push on and Donacien is fine in that position. Another CB would be good, Woolf is out of favour and out of form, Toto is Toto, and Burgess is quickly looking the most mystifying of our signings. Another striker if Norwood and Jackson go. I'd say that's probably it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

January additions. on 15:54 - Nov 26 with 980 viewsChurchman

January additions. on 11:51 - Nov 26 by 66notout

Blimey, of all the options at your disposal that's it? Collins was a waste of money and contributed zero, except to his pension pot. One of many dreadful deals in which this club has been involved in what seems like an eternity.

Agreed. This club has for years been a rest home for wasters, pension pot fillers, hasbeens and never will be’s. If you want to unload a deadbeat and actually be given money for it, call Marcus.

Chopra and Paul Taylor. I can just imagine the gales of laughter when those deals were done. The selling clubs’ Chairmen must have partied for weeks after those deals. Let’s try and aim a bit higher than arthritic Collins, neverthere Nolan or kneesgluedtogether Douglas.
January additions. on 16:00 - Nov 26 with 971 viewsThe_Realist_09

I think he'll look a both fullback slots. These have been a key position in his previous teams and I don't think he will be happy with where we are right now on that front.

I think we all (including Cook) expected KVY and Coulson to be the two. KVY looked shaky and Coulson hasn't had a run of fitness.

Donacien has done great in certain games, but for all his great 1v1 defending, when we are controlling the majority of the ball, he isn't the one for me.

Similar for Penney, very very average for me, not sure you could trust him week in week out.
January additions. on 16:03 - Nov 26 with 960 viewschrismakin

New LB
New CB
New RB
New LW
New Rw
Striker
New DCM

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

January additions. on 16:12 - Nov 26 with 936 viewsHerbivore

January additions. on 16:03 - Nov 26 by chrismakin

New LB
New CB
New RB
New LW
New Rw
Striker
New DCM

The last thing we need is even more options for the three attacking roles behind Bonne. We've got too much choice already and the constant changing of players in those roles means our attack still looks disjointed most of the time.

January additions. on 16:35 - Nov 26 with 907 viewschrismakin

January additions. on 16:12 - Nov 26 by Herbivore

The last thing we need is even more options for the three attacking roles behind Bonne. We've got too much choice already and the constant changing of players in those roles means our attack still looks disjointed most of the time.

I think they are needed.

Burns and his achilles needs managing. And Aluko is the other option if and when available.

The left side is a problem. We have Edwards who isn't anywhere near scoring yet or supplying the crosses we need. And despite is excellent off the ball work and the space his runs create for other.. he is our only option on the left.
Celina and Chaplin need to fight out the 10 role. Imo

The fraser usage on the left has to stop.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

January additions. on 16:39 - Nov 26 with 893 viewsHerbivore

January additions. on 16:35 - Nov 26 by chrismakin

I think they are needed.

Burns and his achilles needs managing. And Aluko is the other option if and when available.

The left side is a problem. We have Edwards who isn't anywhere near scoring yet or supplying the crosses we need. And despite is excellent off the ball work and the space his runs create for other.. he is our only option on the left.
Celina and Chaplin need to fight out the 10 role. Imo

The fraser usage on the left has to stop.

Disagree entirely. We've got about 7 players for three spots and you want to add another 2 into the mix? Madness.

January additions. on 16:43 - Nov 26 with 882 viewsKeaneish

January additions. on 12:16 - Nov 26 by Illinoisblue

A new manager.

Who would that be?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

January additions. on 16:44 - Nov 26 with 878 viewsSwansea_Blue

A new manager.

And/or new coaches. And/or we all chip in and buy them each a copy of Football for Dummies for Christmas

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

January additions. on 16:44 - Nov 26 with 878 viewsChurchman

New LB
New CB
New RB
New LW
New Rw
Striker
New DCM

Isn’t that a bit Lambert-esq Chris? Keep chucking players at it?

I would unload Nolan Jackson, Norwood and after throwing a party to celebrate, try and bring in a new striker and a full back. Maybe just go with what we’ve got would be a better option and save the money for Cook’s successor.

As has been said by a number of people, you rarely get a good deal and all you generally do get is somebody else’s cast offs. Naturally, Marcus Stewart is excluded from that horrid generalisation.
January additions. on 16:46 - Nov 26 with 874 viewspositivity

January additions. on 11:58 - Nov 26 by Cheltenham_Blue

Captains.

I'm really worried when Morsy serves his inevitable ban, it's going to leave us very lightweight and with no real leadership.

i think edmundson might be the answer here too.

on the kings of anglia pod, they were saying the deadline for yellow cards totting up has passed, so morsy's ban isn't inevitable

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

January additions. on 16:46 - Nov 26 with 871 viewschrismakin

January additions. on 16:39 - Nov 26 by Herbivore

Disagree entirely. We've got about 7 players for three spots and you want to add another 2 into the mix? Madness.

We dont. We've signed a load of players yes. And PC has thrown them in all over the shop yes. But not correctly.

We have 3 players for 2 wide slots. 1 who's yet to get in thr stats. 2 potentially injury prone. ( as you know I love both burns and Aluko. It's not a slight on them, just how it's been)

The 10 has 2 players for it.

Fraser... Well he doesn't fit us at all unfortunately. Right player wrong formation for him.

Barry. Goes back to villa.

January additions. on 16:49 - Nov 26 with 864 viewschrismakin

January additions. on 16:44 - Nov 26 by Churchman

Isn’t that a bit Lambert-esq Chris? Keep chucking players at it?

I would unload Nolan Jackson, Norwood and after throwing a party to celebrate, try and bring in a new striker and a full back. Maybe just go with what we’ve got would be a better option and save the money for Cook’s successor.

As has been said by a number of people, you rarely get a good deal and all you generally do get is somebody else’s cast offs. Naturally, Marcus Stewart is excluded from that horrid generalisation.

My answer really is based on who the manager is and his formation.

As mentioned in a previous post. 19 players. Completely unbalanced to work the way PC needs it to.

I can't see anything but more spending and more players if PC remains. He says he knows how to solve it.
go back to Wigan and pompy days and that was by adding more players to it.

January additions. on 16:50 - Nov 26 with 859 viewsSwansea_Blue

New LB
New CB
New RB
New LW
New Rw
Striker
New DCM

Lambert, is that you?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

January additions. on 17:17 - Nov 26 with 814 viewsgazzer1999

A new manager.

You beat me to it, someone not named Paul as well. Or Roy come to think of it.
January additions. on 17:19 - Nov 26 with 813 viewsChurchman

January additions. on 16:49 - Nov 26 by chrismakin

My answer really is based on who the manager is and his formation.

As mentioned in a previous post. 19 players. Completely unbalanced to work the way PC needs it to.

I can't see anything but more spending and more players if PC remains. He says he knows how to solve it.
go back to Wigan and pompy days and that was by adding more players to it.

He wouldn’t have to solve anything if he’d done his job properly in the first place. I suppose in reality the Board either back him or bin him - within the financial constraints of FFP of course.

I don’t take too much notice of there words about ‘long term’, ‘Cook’s our man’ etc when it comes to the manager. They can hardly say anything else when the bloke is sitting next to them.
January additions. on 17:47 - Nov 26 with 781 viewsChrisd

January additions. on 16:12 - Nov 26 by Herbivore

We’ve got too much choice, but for 1 position that No.10 role. We need a LW and a genuine one. Edwards has moments of inspiration, but we perhaps need a player with proven ability who can beat his man and get a cross in the box.

Many suggestions on this thread and many valid ones.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 18:02]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

January additions. on 17:57 - Nov 26 with 753 viewsstrikalite

January additions. on 16:00 - Nov 26 by The_Realist_09

I think he'll look a both fullback slots. These have been a key position in his previous teams and I don't think he will be happy with where we are right now on that front.

I think we all (including Cook) expected KVY and Coulson to be the two. KVY looked shaky and Coulson hasn't had a run of fitness.

Donacien has done great in certain games, but for all his great 1v1 defending, when we are controlling the majority of the ball, he isn't the one for me.

Similar for Penney, very very average for me, not sure you could trust him week in week out.

It's going to be very very difficult to find two flying wing backs in January, yes we need them badly but Clubs aren't going to release any player who are featuring obviously, a punt on a surplus to requirement Championship player or two possibly(though they won't be up to speed)or another Louis Barry type who again will be raw..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024