Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Little Arthur 11:59 - Nov 26 with 2884 viewsZapers

Since TWTD posters seem only interested in political bashing, covid, immigration etc, has anyone been seriously moved by the murder of dear little Arthur?
I for one have been seriously affected by the pain this little boy suffered. I respect the fact that judgement cannot be passed at this stage but, I love you Arthur, I would willing have taken your beautiful self, fed you, clothed you and most importantly hugged you and told you every minute of the day how much I loved you.
Isn't this the least we could all agree on?
RIP Little Arthur on 20:40 - Nov 26 with 613 viewsjeera

RIP Little Arthur on 20:36 - Nov 26 by bluelagos

Two horrible news stories on top of the boat tragedy in the channel. Sh1tty news week and plenty of media I've been skipping for similar reasons to you/others.

Quite.

And if anyone needs attacking for their views this week it would be for the type of comments on sites like MSN, such as "That's another 30 less" etc.

Some awful people out there.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

RIP Little Arthur on 20:43 - Nov 26 with 601 viewsSwansea_Blue

RIP Little Arthur on 20:35 - Nov 26 by Zapers

Agreed Swansea. It begs the question how can this be allowed to happen. They will end up being sectioned away from internal harm no doubt.

I still couldn't bring myself to watch the video. For me it begs the question should the media be allowed to report this.

I think this will haunt me for a very long time, and I once again apologise if the message came across as anti posters.

We still want to know your favourite cheese...

Oh, and:

Kuqui or Pablo?
Best manager of the Evans era?
Do you think J2 can cook an egg?
How much should one pay for bangers and mash?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

RIP Little Arthur on 20:55 - Nov 26 with 576 viewsSwansea_Blue

RIP Little Arthur on 20:26 - Nov 26 by jeera

Speaking for myself I saw the clip on a newsfeed with its title, "No one loves me" and the image of the little boy. I got the gist from that and couldn't bring myself to look any closer.

I wasn't comfortable and felt like an intruder, but I will watch it at some point if only to try to find if there's anything to learn from it; i.e. how to spot these things from the outside.

I was upset enough to see a 12 year old child has been killed in the way she was.

What is going on?

We let our 13 year old go into town on his own with school friends last nigh for Xmas lights switch on. Today's news brings it home a bit.

We've seen messages on my lad's phone from his girlfriend saying things like 'I'd slash him across the face if I could'. What are you supposed to do with that as a parent? She's lovely as well, a quiet girl and very naive like our lad is. But obviously they open up more in massages to each other. Do you ignore it as teenager bravado, speak to her parents, speak to our lad (but give away you snoop in on his messages, and therefore imply you don't trust them)? It's a minefield.

I'm going to use this terribly sad Liverpool case to talk to my lad this week about the impact of knife crime on lives, and ask him to let us know if he ever encounters knives or talk of knives. I'm not sure what else we can do beyond that.

RIP Little Arthur on 21:02 - Nov 26 with 572 viewsZapers

I like most cheese

Kuqui

That’s difficult, very difficult!

No idea but I sympathise with him if he can’t

£90-
RIP Little Arthur on 21:15 - Nov 26 with 548 viewsjeera

RIP Little Arthur on 20:55 - Nov 26 by Swansea_Blue

We let our 13 year old go into town on his own with school friends last nigh for Xmas lights switch on. Today's news brings it home a bit.

We've seen messages on my lad's phone from his girlfriend saying things like 'I'd slash him across the face if I could'. What are you supposed to do with that as a parent? She's lovely as well, a quiet girl and very naive like our lad is. But obviously they open up more in massages to each other. Do you ignore it as teenager bravado, speak to her parents, speak to our lad (but give away you snoop in on his messages, and therefore imply you don't trust them)? It's a minefield.

I'm going to use this terribly sad Liverpool case to talk to my lad this week about the impact of knife crime on lives, and ask him to let us know if he ever encounters knives or talk of knives. I'm not sure what else we can do beyond that.

I hardly know where to start with that if I'm honest.

I'd probably convince myself I'd play it cool and devise some sort of plan on how to approach it and then lose my mind, go in head first and blow it.

Like you say, you can't be seen to betray his trust like that but at the same time that's hardly acceptable speak either.

I take it the girl was talking about somebody else and not your boy btw?

If you knew the parents were approachable then maybe you could meet for drinks and have a chat etc, or even just convince them you wanted to have a joint talk with the kids together about the world and its dangers in general.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 21:17]

RIP Little Arthur on 22:05 - Nov 26 with 486 viewsSwansea_Blue

RIP Little Arthur on 21:15 - Nov 26 by jeera

I hardly know where to start with that if I'm honest.

I'd probably convince myself I'd play it cool and devise some sort of plan on how to approach it and then lose my mind, go in head first and blow it.

Like you say, you can't be seen to betray his trust like that but at the same time that's hardly acceptable speak either.

I take it the girl was talking about somebody else and not your boy btw?

If you knew the parents were approachable then maybe you could meet for drinks and have a chat etc, or even just convince them you wanted to have a joint talk with the kids together about the world and its dangers in general.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 21:17]

Yeah, we're thinking getting to know the parents is a good idea. I don't think there's anything to it other than words they pick up. Her parents have gone out on limb to tell us how nervous they are of her being in a relationship so young, as she's really sheltered. Our lad doesn't seem that interested or knows what to do either tbh!

Bladdy hell. It was bad enough going through teenage angst as a teenager. I don't want to go through it again!

RIP Little Arthur on 22:15 - Nov 26 with 473 viewsjeera

RIP Little Arthur on 22:05 - Nov 26 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, we're thinking getting to know the parents is a good idea. I don't think there's anything to it other than words they pick up. Her parents have gone out on limb to tell us how nervous they are of her being in a relationship so young, as she's really sheltered. Our lad doesn't seem that interested or knows what to do either tbh!

Bladdy hell. It was bad enough going through teenage angst as a teenager. I don't want to go through it again!

You might become good friends with the parents.

You might even buy a bakery and put a perspex cage in the basement.*

*This could depend on your recent TV viewing.

RIP Little Arthur on 22:37 - Nov 26 with 446 viewsjaykay

RIP Little Arthur on 20:11 - Nov 26 by Zapers

I appreciate your response Footers and see where you are coming from. I think anger played a part, but not with TWTD posters. My anger is directed at the guardians and social services, schools and grand parents. Surely someone could have sensed a serious issue with Arthur.
Frankly it broke my heart and whatever punishment is served, it will never be enough.

trouble is they will have a inquiry and then say lessons need to be learnt. we had this this with baby peter and seems if these poor little children continue to suffer with feral parents.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Little Arthur on 05:08 - Nov 27 with 376 viewsKropotkin123

I just can't comprehend stuff like this. First it's a defenceless child. Second two adults had to come together and somehow get to a point where they are both okay with this.

I understand how one person can be evil, but how is it that two people can come together and act like this?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

RIP Little Arthur on 20:27 - Dec 4 with 255 viewsZapers

RIP Little Arthur on 12:03 - Nov 26 by Cheltenham_Blue

Yep absolutely awful. And I hope they rot in jail.

The authorities, have to be held accountable, and a full investigation launched into the failings and the circumstances surrounding his abuse and eventual death.

But, and I hope you don't mind, to come on here and your first ever post is to declare your love for a child I assume you don't know, no matter their circumstance, is a little odd.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 12:06]

I noticed that several stadiums clapped in the sixth minute for Arthur. Also shirts were worn prior to kick of saying we love you Arthur, I doubt they all knew him. Still think it's a little odd?

Incidentally good for Julian Knight. Hes the MP for Solihull that is referring the case to the Attorney General because the sentences are deemed too lenient.

Personally I hope they throw away the keys. The thought that man scum could be free in 14 years is horrendous. Of course they will be segregated, at tax payers cost. I would love to see them banged up with the other prisoners and have the same torture, but worse, dealt out every day of their miserable existence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024