Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Little Arthur 11:59 - Nov 26 with 2890 viewsZapers

Since TWTD posters seem only interested in political bashing, covid, immigration etc, has anyone been seriously moved by the murder of dear little Arthur?
I for one have been seriously affected by the pain this little boy suffered. I respect the fact that judgement cannot be passed at this stage but, I love you Arthur, I would willing have taken your beautiful self, fed you, clothed you and most importantly hugged you and told you every minute of the day how much I loved you.
Isn't this the least we could all agree on?
RIP Little Arthur on 12:03 - Nov 26 with 2236 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Yep absolutely awful. And I hope they rot in jail.

The authorities, have to be held accountable, and a full investigation launched into the failings and the circumstances surrounding his abuse and eventual death.

But, and I hope you don't mind, to come on here and your first ever post is to declare your love for a child I assume you don't know, no matter their circumstance, is a little odd.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 12:06]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

RIP Little Arthur on 12:05 - Nov 26 with 2192 viewswkj

One thing real quick - You post is definitely touching on a horrific case and is worth discussing -

However, "Since TWTD posters seem only interested in political bashing, covid, immigration etc," is quite an unnecessary and inappropriate way to start that conversation.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 12:07]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

RIP Little Arthur on 12:05 - Nov 26 with 2187 viewsSwansea_Blue

RIP Little Arthur on 12:03 - Nov 26 by Cheltenham_Blue

The authorities, have to be held accountable, and a full investigation launched into the failings and the circumstances surrounding his abuse and eventual death.

But, and I hope you don't mind, to come on here and your first ever post is to declare your love for a child I assume you don't know, no matter their circumstance, is a little odd.

Yeah, bit strange.

There was a thread the other day, and yes of course people were all appalled.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

RIP Little Arthur on 12:19 - Nov 26 with 2128 viewsstickymockwell

I don't think it's odd.
It's heart breaking and quite understandably makes most people recoil in heightened emotion. I feel similar to the OP

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

RIP Little Arthur on 12:25 - Nov 26 with 2097 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Yes. Unbelievably sad. Poor kid. Heartbreaking

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

I can't and won't.... on 12:29 - Nov 26 with 2074 viewsBloots

...watch the video.

I can't bring myself to do it.

Some people are evil.

Thankfully people like that are in a very, very small minority.

RIP Arthur.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

I think that the point.... on 12:31 - Nov 26 with 2060 viewsBloots

...he or she is trying to make is that in the video apparently the child said "nobody loves me"
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 13:20]

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

I can't and won't.... on 12:34 - Nov 26 with 2052 viewsDanTheMan

I can't and won't.... on 12:29 - Nov 26 by Bloots

...watch the video.

Some people are evil.

RIP Arthur.

I had missed a lot of this case for whatever reason, just listened to the audio.

Harrowing knowing what's coming next. Astonishing the parents entering a not guilty plea considering.

Poor child. RIP.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

I can't and won't.... on 12:42 - Nov 26 with 1994 viewsstickymockwell

I can't and won't.... on 12:34 - Nov 26 by DanTheMan

I had missed a lot of this case for whatever reason, just listened to the audio.

Harrowing knowing what's coming next. Astonishing the parents entering a not guilty plea considering.

Poor child. RIP.

I only read the text.
There are just some things in life you can't fathom. How some people can be so cruel? To a child? Children die in famine or war but unloved, starving at the hands of your supposed guardian. Uuugh.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 12:43]

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

RIP Little Arthur on 12:53 - Nov 26 with 1925 viewsBiGDonnie

Your last paragraph is a little odd IMO.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

I can't and won't.... on 12:56 - Nov 26 with 1903 viewsSwansea_Blue

I can't and won't.... on 12:29 - Nov 26 by Bloots

...watch the video.

Some people are evil.

RIP Arthur.

No I wouldn't want to watch either. Just knowing what evil went on is bad enough. Poor little fella

RIP Little Arthur on 13:04 - Nov 26 with 1852 viewsfooters

Bit weird.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I can't and won't.... on 13:17 - Nov 26 with 1812 viewsIllinoisblue

I can't and won't.... on 12:42 - Nov 26 by stickymockwell

I only read the text.
There are just some things in life you can't fathom. How some people can be so cruel? To a child? Children die in famine or war but unloved, starving at the hands of your supposed guardian. Uuugh.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 12:43]

I hadn’t noticed this story but just read about it in the Mirror. And immediately wish I hadn’t. Just unfathomable how parents can inflict such horror on a child. Hopefully the vile scum will get battered and beaten in prison every day.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

RIP Little Arthur on 13:25 - Nov 26 with 1760 viewsRyorry

Hadn't previously about this story. Absolutely heartbreaking.

R.I.P. Arthur Labinjo-Hughes.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

RIP Little Arthur on 19:56 - Nov 26 with 1604 viewsZapers

Not sure what your point is regarding a first post on TWTD. Those that think my love for a little defenseless boy, who was starved, tortured, made to stand for hours in one place after being poisoned with salt, is weird, maybe take a look at yourselves and ask the question, what exactly am i supposed to feel?

I'm a proud father, I love my little boy and would walk across hot coals to save him. I suspect a few on here would consider that weird
RIP Little Arthur on 19:58 - Nov 26 with 1593 viewsJ2BLUE

That story really got to me. Have to block it out as it's just so evil.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

RIP Little Arthur on 20:02 - Nov 26 with 1583 viewsfooters

RIP Little Arthur on 19:56 - Nov 26 by Zapers

Not sure what your point is regarding a first post on TWTD. Those that think my love for a little defenseless boy, who was starved, tortured, made to stand for hours in one place after being poisoned with salt, is weird, maybe take a look at yourselves and ask the question, what exactly am i supposed to feel?

I'm a proud father, I love my little boy and would walk across hot coals to save him. I suspect a few on here would consider that weird

It was just the very odd conflation of it being your 'first' forum post, taking a shot at the forum and then commenting on a tragic case that I found odd, btw.

You obviously have some axe to grind with the forum generally which is nothing to do with this tragic story. Just mixing the two up in your first post seemed weird. That's all.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

RIP Little Arthur on 20:05 - Nov 26 with 1574 viewsSwansea_Blue

RIP Little Arthur on 19:56 - Nov 26 by Zapers

Right, let's get this straight. Your opening gambit was to come in with accusations that people on here wouldn't care about loss of life of a child because we're "only interested in political bashing, covid, immigration, etc". And then you follow that up with further accusations that we would consider paternal protection as weird.

You're clearly looking for an argument and I've no idea what your game is. If you'd paid any attention to this site over the years, you'd know that although there are a lot of differences, posters have been through all sorts or personal challenges involving their families or close friends and have received 100% support. Also, the site has always been 100% united in being appalled at the type of violence that happened to this poor little chap.

So you can cut all this bullsh*t out and, if you're genuinely intersted in posting, you can tell us what your favourite cheese is instead.

RIP Little Arthur on 20:08 - Nov 26 with 1564 viewsSwansea_Blue

RIP Little Arthur on 19:58 - Nov 26 by J2BLUE

That story really got to me. Have to block it out as it's just so evil.

Same. I can't get past the headlines and have no wish to. Apparently there's audio and visual footage out there of what he was subjected to that was presented as evidence at the trial, but there's no way 'm looking at that.

As I said in the original post on this, I'm firmly against the death penalty due to so many miscarriages of justice, but this case is testing that resolve to the limit. I suspect (hope) their inmates will have their own view on what they've done.

RIP Little Arthur on 20:11 - Nov 26 with 1547 viewsZapers

I appreciate your response Footers and see where you are coming from. I think anger played a part, but not with TWTD posters. My anger is directed at the guardians and social services, schools and grand parents. Surely someone could have sensed a serious issue with Arthur.
Frankly it broke my heart and whatever punishment is served, it will never be enough.
RIP Little Arthur on 20:20 - Nov 26 with 1531 viewsSwansea_Blue

RIP Little Arthur on 20:11 - Nov 26 by Zapers

I appreciate your response Footers and see where you are coming from. I think anger played a part, but not with TWTD posters. My anger is directed at the guardians and social services, schools and grand parents. Surely someone could have sensed a serious issue with Arthur.
Frankly it broke my heart and whatever punishment is served, it will never be enough.

I 100% agree with that. Maybe attacking TWTD posters en masse in your first 2 posts isn't the best way to get that message across... Or maybe I'm being too sensitive, but this isn't a subject I like to be accused on, even if indirectly.

Since I had my own kids, I can't bear to know the detail in cases like this. The evil is far beyond what I can process.

RIP Little Arthur on 20:26 - Nov 26 with 1498 viewsjeera

RIP Little Arthur on 20:20 - Nov 26 by Swansea_Blue

I 100% agree with that. Maybe attacking TWTD posters en masse in your first 2 posts isn't the best way to get that message across... Or maybe I'm being too sensitive, but this isn't a subject I like to be accused on, even if indirectly.

Since I had my own kids, I can't bear to know the detail in cases like this. The evil is far beyond what I can process.

Speaking for myself I saw the clip on a newsfeed with its title, "No one loves me" and the image of the little boy. I got the gist from that and couldn't bring myself to look any closer.

I wasn't comfortable and felt like an intruder, but I will watch it at some point if only to try to find if there's anything to learn from it; i.e. how to spot these things from the outside.

I was upset enough to see a 12 year old child has been killed in the way she was.

What is going on?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

RIP Little Arthur on 20:35 - Nov 26 with 1449 viewsZapers

Agreed Swansea. It begs the question how can this be allowed to happen. They will end up being sectioned away from internal harm no doubt.

I still couldn't bring myself to watch the video. For me it begs the question should the media be allowed to report this.

I think this will haunt me for a very long time, and I once again apologise if the message came across as anti posters.
RIP Little Arthur on 20:36 - Nov 26 with 1446 viewsbluelagos

RIP Little Arthur on 20:26 - Nov 26 by jeera

Speaking for myself I saw the clip on a newsfeed with its title, "No one loves me" and the image of the little boy. I got the gist from that and couldn't bring myself to look any closer.

I wasn't comfortable and felt like an intruder, but I will watch it at some point if only to try to find if there's anything to learn from it; i.e. how to spot these things from the outside.

I was upset enough to see a 12 year old child has been killed in the way she was.

What is going on?

Two horrible news stories on top of the boat tragedy in the channel. Sh1tty news week and plenty of media I've been skipping for similar reasons to you/others.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

RIP Little Arthur on 20:40 - Nov 26 with 1418 viewsJ2BLUE

RIP Little Arthur on 20:36 - Nov 26 by bluelagos

Two horrible news stories on top of the boat tragedy in the channel. Sh1tty news week and plenty of media I've been skipping for similar reasons to you/others.

And the Hull abuse one. That was just as messed up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024