Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? 12:58 - Nov 26 with 1128 viewsMaySixth

No thanks

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 12:59 - Nov 26 with 1129 viewsDinDjarin

Weird how since Celina been in the 10 role we struggle to score.

Chaplin was smashing it in there previously.
Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 13:11 - Nov 26 with 1074 viewsclive_baker

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 12:59 - Nov 26 by DinDjarin

Weird how since Celina been in the 10 role we struggle to score.

Chaplin was smashing it in there previously.

I think the convincing win at Wycmobe did Chaplin no favours because Celina had a blinder. As you say he was really starting to find his feet and get into his stride, 3 goals in 5 games, very busy and creating, his movement seemed to be looking sharper by the game. Then out of nowhere he's benched and only started 1 of the last 4 in the league.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 13:13 - Nov 26 with 1064 viewsquad

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 13:11 - Nov 26 by clive_baker

I think the convincing win at Wycmobe did Chaplin no favours because Celina had a blinder. As you say he was really starting to find his feet and get into his stride, 3 goals in 5 games, very busy and creating, his movement seemed to be looking sharper by the game. Then out of nowhere he's benched and only started 1 of the last 4 in the league.

Was the Wycombe game a flash in the pan for Celina?
Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 13:14 - Nov 26 with 1064 viewsSwansea_Blue

yeah, a bit odd. He's not been injured as far as I'm aware, so it seems a 'tactical' decision to drop him. As you say, he was doing well.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 13:24 - Nov 26 with 1028 viewsFixed_It

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 13:14 - Nov 26 by Swansea_Blue

yeah, a bit odd. He's not been injured as far as I'm aware, so it seems a 'tactical' decision to drop him. As you say, he was doing well.

Back spasms were why he was initially left out I believe.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 13:25 - Nov 26 with 1021 viewsclive_baker

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 13:14 - Nov 26 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, really odd. Just as he was really getting going he's benched. I think he's the more likely one to bring a level of consistency to his game, I like how busy he is. Not to knock Celina, but I feel like it's players like Chaplin that get clubs out of L1. His goalscoring record is good, I wouldn't bet against him chipping in with double figures if he's in that #10 regularly. Was rusty off the bench at Sunderland and again on Saturday, a little careless in possession I thought which is a shame as we could really do with him finding some form again.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 13:39 - Nov 26 with 990 viewspennblue

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 13:13 - Nov 26 by quad

Celina for me, is best used as an impact sub. Someone to bring on to shake things up in the 2nd half.

I think we can all see now that we need two attacking full backs in place. The issue Cook has is that he either goes for 2 defensive full backs and our defence is less leaky, or he goes for 2 attacking full backs and we try and score more goals than they do.

I think he has to go for the latter, it is far more entertaining anyway, and far more in keeping with his style of play.

Seems everyone is also in agreement, that number 10 you either use Fraser or Connor in there. Burns on the right, Richards on the left.

Aluko can probably do either side, but you could argue he could fall into the Celina bucket of being an impact sub.

The team pretty much picks itself now I think. He just needs to stick to his guns now, and in January upgrade any positions he needs to.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 13:43 - Nov 26 with 978 viewstextbackup

not saying i dont like celina, but in L1 i like chaplin alot more

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 13:44 - Nov 26 with 967 viewsHerbivore

Celina is a bit of an odd one. He is arguably our best player, he's certainly got the most talent and ability, but currently I'm not convinced he fits into our best XI.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 13:51 - Nov 26 with 955 viewsquad

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 13:39 - Nov 26 by pennblue

Celina for me, is best used as an impact sub. Someone to bring on to shake things up in the 2nd half.

I think we can all see now that we need two attacking full backs in place. The issue Cook has is that he either goes for 2 defensive full backs and our defence is less leaky, or he goes for 2 attacking full backs and we try and score more goals than they do.

I think he has to go for the latter, it is far more entertaining anyway, and far more in keeping with his style of play.

Seems everyone is also in agreement, that number 10 you either use Fraser or Connor in there. Burns on the right, Richards on the left.

Aluko can probably do either side, but you could argue he could fall into the Celina bucket of being an impact sub.

The team pretty much picks itself now I think. He just needs to stick to his guns now, and in January upgrade any positions he needs to.

I really don't know.

I suppose I would go with Chaplin no.10 and Burns right, Aluko left if everyone is fit.

Celina and Edwards as impact subs. Neither doing enough to start for me.

Which just leaves Fraser. I have been supportive of Evans but he was poor against Rotherham. Maybe it's time to give Fraser a go alongside Morsy against Crewe and see how that pans out.
Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 14:36 - Nov 26 with 898 viewsDavoIPB

Trouble is he did give Chaplin and he was very poor in recent games.

We do have a lot of very good players. The only problem is they are not quite fitting the system and not working together. Need partnerships and it looks like none of them have played together ever, except for Burns and Donacian who work very well together.

Plus we only have one defender who basically covers for everybody else.
Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 14:43 - Nov 26 with 886 viewsblueislander

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 14:36 - Nov 26 by DavoIPB

Trouble is he did give Chaplin and he was very poor in recent games.

We do have a lot of very good players. The only problem is they are not quite fitting the system and not working together. Need partnerships and it looks like none of them have played together ever, except for Burns and Donacian who work very well together.

Plus we only have one defender who basically covers for everybody else.

Burns has created quite a few of Bonne's goals, and seems to pick him out better than the others ,as well, as he and Donacien looking the best partnership.
Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 15:28 - Nov 26 with 827 viewsChrisd

Cook needs to decide who is No.10 is and play him there. For me, it's Chaplin which means Celina and Fraser need to wait their turn. Put round pegs, in round holes, it really is that simple.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 15:45 - Nov 26 with 811 viewsfranz_tyson

Celina wasn’t needed - a vanity signing.

He’ll do some wonderful things, but over the course of the season we need players who turn up and do the hard yards as well as the odd piece of magic. Chaplin and Fraser should be enough to be fighting for the 10 spot, with Chaplin staking the best claim. Why we got Celina when we need a tough, durable midfielder and a tough as nails CB?

Fraser’s a good player at this level - but how does he fit in with Celina and Chaplin seemingly in front of him at 10?With all our front four players do we have anyone to nail down the left wing position? Burns and Aluko both deserve a start on the right, but that left-hand spot is a problem. Edwards is the obvious fit, but hasn’t got the end product.
Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 16:25 - Nov 26 with 776 viewsDinDjarin

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 13:51 - Nov 26 by quad

I really don't know.

I suppose I would go with Chaplin no.10 and Burns right, Aluko left if everyone is fit.

Celina and Edwards as impact subs. Neither doing enough to start for me.

Which just leaves Fraser. I have been supportive of Evans but he was poor against Rotherham. Maybe it's time to give Fraser a go alongside Morsy against Crewe and see how that pans out.

Fraser has the best stats out all the squad, not sure why he gets so much hate.

Yes was poor v Rotherham but then so was everyone else.
Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 16:27 - Nov 26 with 775 viewsDinDjarin

v Wycombe was Celina moved out to the left which is when we really started to dominate second half and scored 3 goals? He is not a 10.

Or was that Doncaster? My memory is shot to bits.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 16:28]
Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 16:30 - Nov 26 with 767 viewsquad

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 15:45 - Nov 26 by franz_tyson

Celina wasn’t needed - a vanity signing.

He’ll do some wonderful things, but over the course of the season we need players who turn up and do the hard yards as well as the odd piece of magic. Chaplin and Fraser should be enough to be fighting for the 10 spot, with Chaplin staking the best claim. Why we got Celina when we need a tough, durable midfielder and a tough as nails CB?

Fraser’s a good player at this level - but how does he fit in with Celina and Chaplin seemingly in front of him at 10?With all our front four players do we have anyone to nail down the left wing position? Burns and Aluko both deserve a start on the right, but that left-hand spot is a problem. Edwards is the obvious fit, but hasn’t got the end product.

I thought that Aluko was perfectly capable of playing on the left so I'd start him there and Burns on the right (when available). If not then Celina on the left instead, Edwards has no end product so isn't going to help us win games until he sorts it out.

Fraser doesn't seem to fit in anywhere in the front 3. He would be better as direct competition for Evans place I think. He could be a good link between defence and attack with Morsy doing all the donkey work.
Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 16:38 - Nov 26 with 750 viewsKeaneish

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 16:25 - Nov 26 by DinDjarin

Fraser has the best stats out all the squad, not sure why he gets so much hate.

Yes was poor v Rotherham but then so was everyone else.

Fraser should have a run of starts alongside Morsy, no doubt about it and been saying as much some Col U. I actually think the cast and balance of our defence is wrong for any attacking endeavour despite the improvement at the back.

Penney and KVY are far more dynamic but Donacien and Clements the better defenders. I prefer the former at home and the latter away. Tough one.

My feelings about Toto will never change. That ridiculous air shot in the first half on Tuesday and the continual back passing being testament to that.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 16:51 - Nov 26 with 734 viewsfranz_tyson

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 16:38 - Nov 26 by Keaneish

Fraser should have a run of starts alongside Morsy, no doubt about it and been saying as much some Col U. I actually think the cast and balance of our defence is wrong for any attacking endeavour despite the improvement at the back.

Penney and KVY are far more dynamic but Donacien and Clements the better defenders. I prefer the former at home and the latter away. Tough one.

My feelings about Toto will never change. That ridiculous air shot in the first half on Tuesday and the continual back passing being testament to that.

I like Fraser, but doesn’t he need to be more physical for that role next to Morsy? Those two deep midfielders and two CB’s are critical the way Cook sets up to play. With the full-backs encouraged to go forward, those deep midfielders really need to have to work hard, cover and add bite when the full-backs go forward. Fraser isn’t tough enough in that role IMO.
Not sure exactly where Fraser would fit in best… maybe as a number 10, but that’s covered. I think Cook likes two deep-lying number 6’s who’ve got a tackle in them. Carroll isn’t that… Harper also… I wonder if El Miz is likely to get the nod over Evans who hasn’t lived up to expectations.
Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 22:35 - Nov 26 with 610 viewsChocorange

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 13:13 - Nov 26 by quad

Wycombe got it tactically wrong and left Celina unmarked , he made the, pay with all the space and time he had , though you could also argue 2 of his goals were fortunately helped ..the first took a big deflection to beat the keeper and the last the keeper was in the half way line fir who knows what reason.
Celina did well to avoid him but it was hair kari by Stockdake.
Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 14:41 - Nov 27 with 444 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Celina instead of Chaplin in the No 10 role? on 16:51 - Nov 26 by franz_tyson

I like Fraser, but doesn’t he need to be more physical for that role next to Morsy? Those two deep midfielders and two CB’s are critical the way Cook sets up to play. With the full-backs encouraged to go forward, those deep midfielders really need to have to work hard, cover and add bite when the full-backs go forward. Fraser isn’t tough enough in that role IMO.
Not sure exactly where Fraser would fit in best… maybe as a number 10, but that’s covered. I think Cook likes two deep-lying number 6’s who’ve got a tackle in them. Carroll isn’t that… Harper also… I wonder if El Miz is likely to get the nod over Evans who hasn’t lived up to expectations.

I see Playing 2 defensive midfielders is great for counter attacking matches.

Definitely didn’t work v rotherham as full backs didn’t get up the pitch and without burns (pace) we struggled!

On the left Edwards- he has flattered to deceive- no goals and very few assists!
Celina should be there not as 1st choice no10
If not Coulson can play there , and can also double up as cover if the lb is out of position!

No 10 is Chaplins or as cam Harper as at Lincoln
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024