Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager speak 14:34 - Nov 26 with 833 viewsnodge_blue

“Don’t forget, we’ve put together a brand new team in the summer,” Cook continued. “I don’t want to go back to it because it’s not an excuse"

Translates as....I will go back to it and use it as an excuse, even though I know its wearing a bit thin. So I'll acknowledge it shouldn't be, but really can I please use it, again. And keep it in my back pocket.

Despite that I still quite like his honesty and at least saying that he can see it from a fans point of view etc. He knows that the trajectory has to be upwards or he won't be here. He certainly gives more of an honest assessment that Lambert was doing towards the end.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Manager speak on 14:36 - Nov 26 with 820 viewsBlueBadger

He's slightly more selectively honest than Lambert, but not much.

He's even playing the same formation and 'style' of play.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Manager speak on 14:42 - Nov 26 with 793 viewsnodge_blue

Manager speak on 14:36 - Nov 26 by BlueBadger

He's slightly more selectively honest than Lambert, but not much.

He's even playing the same formation and 'style' of play.

I know. But at least he said theres too much sideways and backwards. We need to be braver.

Its chicken and egg though. The players aren't braver cos they haven't been drilled well enough in the movement and positioning of players to make the forward passes.

Unless of course they just don't have the ability.

Who knows.

One of the two.

Manager speak on 14:58 - Nov 26 with 729 viewsDavoIPB

Manager speak on 14:42 - Nov 26 by nodge_blue

I know. But at least he said theres too much sideways and backwards. We need to be braver.

Its chicken and egg though. The players aren't braver cos they haven't been drilled well enough in the movement and positioning of players to make the forward passes.

Who knows.

One of the two.

Yep, they can't play a forward pass if nobody is making a run forward or into space.
Manager speak on 16:02 - Nov 26 with 672 viewsstrikalite

Manager speak on 14:58 - Nov 26 by DavoIPB

Yep, they can't play a forward pass if nobody is making a run forward or into space.

I've got an idea, when we get a free kick near the edge of the box we could try passing it forward then to guys who have run forward!!

I honestly don't know what gets covered on the training ground...
Manager speak on 16:12 - Nov 26 with 647 viewsKeaneish

Who knows.

One of the two.

…said through the lens of the Tuesday night game not the rampant wins against Wycombe, Doncaster and Pompey I assume. Given the amount of goals we’ve scored, you’re not correct.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Manager speak on 16:16 - Nov 26 with 628 viewsHerbivore

Manager speak on 16:12 - Nov 26 by Keaneish

…said through the lens of the Tuesday night game not the rampant wins against Wycombe, Doncaster and Pompey I assume. Given the amount of goals we’ve scored, you’re not correct.

We've gone three games without scoring now and aside from those three games where we handed out spankings, which skew our goals for stats somewhat, our attacking stats are pretty poor. We're amongst the lowest in the league for chance creation.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2021 16:29]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Manager speak on 16:26 - Nov 26 with 621 viewsCoastalblue

Looking at the season as a whole I think you're the one cherry picking here, we have hardly looked a dynamic free flowing attacking side which is what you seem to keep suggesting bringing up those games.

i hope we turn into one, and quickly under Cook, but it's not happening at the moment regardless of the fact we scored a hatfull in a couple of games

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Manager speak on 16:31 - Nov 26 with 595 viewsKeaneish

Manager speak on 16:26 - Nov 26 by Coastalblue

Looking at the season as a whole I think you're the one cherry picking here, we have hardly looked a dynamic free flowing attacking side which is what you seem to keep suggesting bringing up those games.

i hope we turn into one, and quickly under Cook, but it's not happening at the moment regardless of the fact we scored a hatfull in a couple of games

The point was that we “aren’t well drilled in our positional play” so how do you explain the glut of goals we’ve scored?

Login to get fewer ads

Manager speak on 16:32 - Nov 26 with 584 viewsHerbivore

Manager speak on 16:31 - Nov 26 by Keaneish

The point was that we “aren’t well drilled in our positional play” so how do you explain the glut of goals we’ve scored?

A fair chunk of them came in three games, in two of which the opposition were abject. Do you think we look well drilled? We have no discernable pattern of play and the attacking side of our game is very disjointed much of the time.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Manager speak on 17:33 - Nov 26 with 542 viewsnodge_blue

Hold on a sec.....Im quoting the manager here!

Manager speak on 17:37 - Nov 26 with 523 viewsAlanG296

Manager speak on 16:31 - Nov 26 by Keaneish

The glut was against Wycombe, Pompey and Doncaster. 2 freak away games and Doncaster were so abysmal that Evans got a hat trick. 20 goals from the other 16 games.
Manager speak on 17:38 - Nov 26 with 520 viewsBlueBadger

Who knows.

One of the two.

Poor Paul Cook. Inherited a side full of players who won't make a forward run or pass and now he's bought another 19 of them.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Manager speak on 17:47 - Nov 26 with 500 viewsKeaneish

Manager speak on 17:33 - Nov 26 by nodge_blue

Hold on a sec.....Im quoting the manager here!

You said that we’re not we’ll drilled positionally. If we weren’t well drilled positionally we’d be struggling to create and score chances which isn’t and hasn’t been the case. I think there are consistency issues with this as we all know but we’ve had some excellent cutting edge this season and looked very fluid going forward at times and slightly disconnected at others.

Manager speak on 17:51 - Nov 26 with 473 viewspennblue

To be fair to Paul Lambert he was managing under difficult circumstances. When you are trying to do a job with no support from the people above you, it is impossible.

I like a lot of what lambert was saying I thought he was pretty honest too.

Lamberts failing was playing out from the back, he did not have the players to carry that off

But he was right about the club being run down and forced evans hand so we have much to be thankful for.

He was also right about getting fans and players joined up and doing things together is also crucial.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024