Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So Boris has a 'professional' call with Macron,some progess made on immigration. 15:31 - Nov 26 with 878 viewsunstableblue

... plans

Then to play to his Daily Mail base, Boris breaks protocol and tweets a letter with 'demands' in an attempt to look 'strong on europe' and to shift the blame on asylum seeker/refugee deaths in the freezing channel on the French

Quite rightly Macron is calling out such sh!thousery and has uninvited Nazi Patel from a join immigration discussion with numerous relevant European countries.

Now wait as the dominant press spins this Boris' way, and the Tories blame the French

Good on Macron, don't connect yourself with the plummeting standards in political life that we are enduring

sickening

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

This is why Patel and Norries hate ‘liberal leftie elites’ on 15:51 - Nov 26 with 824 viewsunstableblue

Because they expose the for the nasty pieces of work that they are

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

This is why Patel and Norries hate ‘liberal leftie elites’ on 15:59 - Nov 26 with 796 viewsmylittletown

This is why Patel and Norries hate ‘liberal leftie elites’ on 15:51 - Nov 26 by unstableblue

Not sure what is worse - nastiness or sheer stupidity. Patel, of course is strong on both.
This is why Patel and Norries hate ‘liberal leftie elites’ on 16:00 - Nov 26 with 794 viewspointofblue

This is why Patel and Norries hate ‘liberal leftie elites’ on 15:51 - Nov 26 by unstableblue

Whilst I agree with you, Macron is also playing to his nationalist base. The views of the far right seem to becoming more and more mainstream.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

This is why Patel and Norries hate ‘liberal leftie elites’ on 17:51 - Nov 26 with 669 viewsBlueBadger

This is why Patel and Norries hate ‘liberal leftie elites’ on 16:00 - Nov 26 by pointofblue

Whilst I agree with you, Macron is also playing to his nationalist base. The views of the far right seem to becoming more and more mainstream.

The drift towards the far right is how politics in a large chunk of the world are going right now.

It's why stuff like getting vaccinated and basic human decency are seen in some quarters as being 'far left' positions.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This is why Patel and Norries hate ‘liberal leftie elites’ on 18:39 - Nov 26 with 649 viewsLord_Lucan

This is why Patel and Norries hate ‘liberal leftie elites’ on 17:51 - Nov 26 by BlueBadger

The drift towards the far right is how politics in a large chunk of the world are going right now.

It's why stuff like getting vaccinated and basic human decency are seen in some quarters as being 'far left' positions.

I think when people say far right it’s really just right, ditto for left and far left.

Personally I think I go over the centrist line into both camps depending whether it’s economics or social standards.

I do find the left more authoritarian though

It always amazes me when people think we have a big racist problem in UK. Having been lucky enough to travel extensively I have to say we don’t - and we are a world away from the attitudes of the 70’s.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

This is why Patel and Norries hate ‘liberal leftie elites’ on 19:15 - Nov 26 with 594 viewsmylittletown

This is why Patel and Norries hate ‘liberal leftie elites’ on 18:39 - Nov 26 by Lord_Lucan

I think when people say far right it’s really just right, ditto for left and far left.

Personally I think I go over the centrist line into both camps depending whether it’s economics or social standards.

It always amazes me when people think we have a big racist problem in UK. Having been lucky enough to travel extensively I have to say we don’t - and we are a world away from the attitudes of the 70’s.

We do have a racism problem, but a few weeks in Georgia (USA), Alabama, Louisiana etc or Eastern Europe would put it in perspective.

Doesn't mean that we don't have a lot of work to do.
This is why Patel and Norries hate ‘liberal leftie elites’ on 21:57 - Nov 26 with 483 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This is why Patel and Norries hate ‘liberal leftie elites’ on 15:59 - Nov 26 by mylittletown

Not sure what is worse - nastiness or sheer stupidity. Patel, of course is strong on both.

I wonder which bit of this the infamous DaveU disagrees with!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

So Boris has a 'professional' call with Macron,some progess made on immigration. on 22:05 - Nov 26 with 471 viewsHatStand

So

Poll: Piers Morgan / Marmite

Login to get fewer ads

This is why Patel and Norries hate ‘liberal leftie elites’ on 22:13 - Nov 26 with 449 viewsNthsuffolkblue

This is why Patel and Norries hate ‘liberal leftie elites’ on 18:39 - Nov 26 by Lord_Lucan

I really don't get your last paragraph.

As a white privileged male (which I am fairly certain you are too), I cannot say that the problem is not big until those who live with it every day are no longer saying they have to live with it every day.

I agree there are worse places. That does not mean we can turn a blind eye to what is happening here. For what it's worth, I also think things are slowly getting better in this country. However, much of that is due to pressure and publicity.

I still think we are a long way short of MLK's dream. That is not to deny we are a long way ahead of MLK's day and that his and many others' fight achieved a lot.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024