Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stat people 15:46 - Nov 26 with 1550 viewschrismakin

Someone mentioned our goals scored column and I was wandering how ours compares with others..

I know it's easy to say remove games. BUT take away 3 results and we have 20 goals in 16 games... not knowing if those above us have the same '3' high scoring results etc to make their goal scored column look better, BUT is 20 i 16 a good return or have those 3 games, made us appear more exciting than we have been?

I saw earlier someone mention our shots per game is similar to last seasons, so I guess the question is how much more' exciting' are we or are we not and it's moving along at the same pace? and these odd games are papering the cracks?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Stat people on 22:54 - Nov 26 with 314 viewspositivity

Stat people on 21:45 - Nov 26 by Ewan_Oozami

I'm looking at ways of finding an eigenvalue for each team at any given point in the season, using vector analysis and matrix algebra to determine true performance - I'll report back in a couple of years on that one...

that sounds complex, in the meantime we have opponents ppg.

we've had the toughest opponents in the last 6, 8 and 10 games, our performance is a little better than the mean, but not by enough to be promotion form.

https://www.soccerstats.com/formtable.asp?league=england3

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Stat people on 10:58 - Nov 27 with 256 viewsStewart27

Stat people on 18:49 - Nov 26 by HighgateBlue

And the overachievement on xG is now evening out - a small (hopefully small) lean patch in front of goal.

It's clearly the underachievement in xgA that leaves us in an unacceptable league position. We let in too many goals, and Cook has shown himself entirely unable to sort that. Obviously I am very disappointed by this, but have no sympathy for Cook at all - last year we had a good defence, he ripped it apart because the players were allegedly rubbish and he could do better. If he was right, he would deserve much credit. As it is, he must take all the flak for his massive arrogance. Wilson must be chuckling at Plymouth and he has every right to. Mighty Plymouth.

Sorry but this great defence thing last season is a little misjudged.

We were as dull as dishwater and our passive style of play meant we were taking fewer risks. Far fewer.

I assume also that you are praising Lambert’s defensive set up, as opposed to individual players being better? The nod to Wilson makes me think not. I can tell you now that if the likes of Wilson and Chambers were here then the GA column would be even less pretty this season.
Stat people on 16:15 - Nov 27 with 222 viewsSawtrich

Here's an interesting stat. This season, in League One, we've lost more games than we've won.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024