Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach 19:35 - Nov 26 with 1100 viewsstiff_talking

Paul Cook assistant coach who can contribute ideas could greatly help Paul and club.
Lambert results declined without his key #2 as did even the great Bryan Clough.
The only thing different with Paul Cook past and present is his missing #2 and perhaps this is the answer many are overlooking !
We should get a competent head coach first. (n/t) (n/t) on 20:00 - Nov 26 with 1036 viewsBlueBadger

[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 10:23]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Preferably one who hasn't fallen out with (n/t) on 20:07 - Nov 26 with 1024 viewsBasuco

We should get a competent head coach first. (n/t) (n/t) on 20:00 - Nov 26 by BlueBadger

[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 10:23]

the first team coach he achieved all his success with.
January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach on 20:27 - Nov 26 with 1015 viewsChurchman

He’s got the staff he asked for. If he needs help because he doesn’t know what he’s doing, he needs replacing with somebody that does.

The club has got loads of ex-players, coaches and an ex-manager in Peter Reid. How much advice does this experienced 54 year old who has managed for 15 years need? He’s putting out a football team in poxy League 1, not trying split the atom.
January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach on 09:53 - Nov 27 with 786 viewsJ2BLUE

January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach on 20:27 - Nov 26 by Churchman

He’s got the staff he asked for. If he needs help because he doesn’t know what he’s doing, he needs replacing with somebody that does.

The club has got loads of ex-players, coaches and an ex-manager in Peter Reid. How much advice does this experienced 54 year old who has managed for 15 years need? He’s putting out a football team in poxy League 1, not trying split the atom.

This, and Cook is very stubborn as well. He's said no assistant manager is coming and he'll almost certainly stick with that. If we're at the point where the club want to force him to get one then we might as well make the change now.

I think he's on very thin ice. No inside info, just an opinion based on a break between tomorrow and the next league game as well as giving a new manager the chance to access the squad before the window opens. If we lose tomorrow, it would not surprise me if he's gone shortly after.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach on 10:01 - Nov 27 with 771 viewsKeaneish

January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach on 20:27 - Nov 26 by Churchman

What level of value do you think he gets from having an assistant versus his coaches? It’s simply a title. Modern day management in any industry is becoming more title fluid. The idea that an assistant is needed is a misnomer when he has good rapport with the coaches he’s selected who are very active in game.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach on 10:12 - Nov 27 with 745 viewsPlums

January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach on 09:53 - Nov 27 by J2BLUE

This, and Cook is very stubborn as well. He's said no assistant manager is coming and he'll almost certainly stick with that. If we're at the point where the club want to force him to get one then we might as well make the change now.

I think he's on very thin ice. No inside info, just an opinion based on a break between tomorrow and the next league game as well as giving a new manager the chance to access the squad before the window opens. If we lose tomorrow, it would not surprise me if he's gone shortly after.

Whoever built the club website clearly expected there to be a number 2:
https://www.itfc.co.uk/teams/staff/

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach on 10:15 - Nov 27 with 739 viewsPinewoodblue

January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach on 10:01 - Nov 27 by Keaneish

What level of value do you think he gets from having an assistant versus his coaches? It’s simply a title. Modern day management in any industry is becoming more title fluid. The idea that an assistant is needed is a misnomer when he has good rapport with the coaches he’s selected who are very active in game.

Surely Peter Reid, in an advise position, should be sufficient.

Personally I think the solution is to appoint an Assistant Manager and let Peter Cook, on a matter of principle, resign.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach on 10:19 - Nov 27 with 732 viewsWeWereZombies

January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach on 10:15 - Nov 27 by Pinewoodblue

Surely Peter Reid, in an advise position, should be sufficient.

Personally I think the solution is to appoint an Assistant Manager and let Peter Cook, on a matter of principle, resign.

Peter Cook! Not only would the post match interviews and pressers be greatly improved but also there would be Dudley Moore in the assistant role - if they were both still alive.

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

Login to get fewer ads

January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach on 10:23 - Nov 27 with 726 viewsFBI

January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach on 10:19 - Nov 27 by WeWereZombies

Peter Cook! Not only would the post match interviews and pressers be greatly improved but also there would be Dudley Moore in the assistant role - if they were both still alive.

"Ere... woss the worst job you ever 'ad?"
"Managin' Ipswich Taahn in League 1, weren't it?"

Poll: The career progress of former town players is...

January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach on 10:27 - Nov 27 with 710 viewsWeWereZombies

January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach on 10:23 - Nov 27 by FBI

"Ere... woss the worst job you ever 'ad?"
"Managin' Ipswich Taahn in League 1, weren't it?"

Even worse than being a miner?

Poll: Luton or Dubai ?

January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach on 10:28 - Nov 27 with 709 viewsPlums

January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach on 10:19 - Nov 27 by WeWereZombies

The dugout full of French figs, Greta Garbo hanging out of the office windows, it’d be delightful mayhem.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach on 10:31 - Nov 27 with 705 viewsChurchman

January key signing - Paul Cook assistant coach on 10:01 - Nov 27 by Keaneish

In my view not a lot, hence being dismissive of the idea. I guess it all depends on what type of person Cook is and what he requires from the people that work to him. You a right, it’s just a title. I think it was always pretty fluid, depending on the nature of the manager.

If I go back to the good ole days, Clough had a true assistant in Taylor, but football was very different and so were clubs. So was BC come to that. Clough and Taylor started I think at Hartlepool and did everything from paint the fence to finding the players. Taylor was particularly good at that and also counter balance Clough to some extent (from what I’ve read, not just the excellent film The Damned United). It was different with Matt Busby, Bill Shankly, Bobby Robson had coaches, not Assistant Managers. So did John Lyall and of course Alf with Jimmy Forsyth.

I can’t remember Dale Roberts’ title, but he was obviously a friend of GBs and did the coaching. Nobody talked about Dale at the time but he clearly was important to George. The focus was rightly on the manager.

This is a rather long winded way of saying if Cook wants an Assistant Manager, a fish tank or the conductor from the Royal Philharmonic fine. But it has to be his choice and not imposed upon him - and it’s something he should have sorted in the summer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024