Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another wasted season 20:58 - Nov 26 with 2274 viewsBlueGhost

Prove me wrong.
Another wasted season on 21:01 - Nov 26 with 2260 viewsDarth_Koont

Season hasn’t ended.

Pronouns: He/Him

27 games left which is 81 points... on 21:31 - Nov 26 with 2192 viewsunstableblue

Another wasted season on 21:01 - Nov 26 by Darth_Koont

Season hasn’t ended.

We've got 19 points so far at 1.26 per game, 1.26!!!

27 x 2 PPG + 19 = 73 finish

Making one point off the play-offs last season
Would have been sixth place in 18/19

So in short we are at Last Chance saloon, the time is NOW, and we all know Ipswich don't do last chance saloons, we haven't seized the day for over a decade

But i still have some belief... I WAS at pompey, wycombe and sunderland away.. we can beat any team in this division

If the below is achieved... we're 2 PPG against some of the best teams... is it achievable?... NAAAAH... not unless we have that massive mind set change.. if it clicks we could go on a run, but odds against at the moment..

Crewe (H) - win
Charlton (A) - draw
Wigan(A) - draw
Sunderland (H) - win
Gillingham (A) - win
Wycombe (H) - draw

One thing i'll be singing on Sunday!!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Another wasted season on 21:49 - Nov 26 with 2145 viewsjeera

Win the weekend and that glimmer of hope will reignite itself.

Get a result at Charlton in a couple of weeks time and we'll start to dare to believe again.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Another wasted season on 21:50 - Nov 26 with 2136 viewsJ2BLUE

It's November.

Got any harder questions?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Another wasted season on 21:54 - Nov 26 with 2113 viewsunstableblue

Another wasted season on 21:49 - Nov 26 by jeera

Win the weekend and that glimmer of hope will reignite itself.

Get a result at Charlton in a couple of weeks time and we'll start to dare to believe again.

Yup

A convincing win and performance against Crewe,., with a return to some real attacking play.. the. A trip to the valley with some promising play and a draw… then you’re right the mood will be lifted… and the naysayers will retreat briefly into the shadows

But I’m just sure I’m seeing the character in the squad to turn it around

A weak display Sunday and man, it will be BAD

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Another wasted season on 22:00 - Nov 26 with 2083 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The proof will be in time.

If we are building something and putting together a squad it won't have been wasted.

If we can't make any foundation from what we have and are starting again in the summer at League 1 level then it is.

Much as I want Cook (or pretty much anyone) to succeed here, it is looking like we are going to need to find someone else once again.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Another wasted season on 22:01 - Nov 26 with 2075 viewsSwansea_Blue

Another wasted season on 21:01 - Nov 26 by Darth_Koont

Season hasn’t ended.

It'd have to be the best season we've had in years (probably ever had) to salvage something from it though. Not going to happen. Or very, very unlikely going to happen if I'm going to leave my options open.

I make the OP right, as sad as that it. I'm a miserable sod though, ground down by years of disappointment. But enough about my marriage!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Another wasted season on 22:01 - Nov 26 with 2074 viewsjeera

Another wasted season on 21:54 - Nov 26 by unstableblue

Yup

A convincing win and performance against Crewe,., with a return to some real attacking play.. the. A trip to the valley with some promising play and a draw… then you’re right the mood will be lifted… and the naysayers will retreat briefly into the shadows

I've been disappointed at the lack of consistency, no point in my pretending I haven't, and the frustration is understandable following a double defeat.

People must remind themselves we're not in competition with each other and that when people are hurting it's because they care about the club.

I shall tune in on Sunday with the usual hope and probably swear a lot when things don't go our way and be gutted if we don't get the 3 points.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Another wasted season on 22:06 - Nov 26 with 2051 viewsrgp1

Another wasted season on 21:50 - Nov 26 by J2BLUE

It's November.

Got any harder questions?

Hurst got us relegated in July!
Another wasted season on 22:11 - Nov 26 with 2028 viewsOldsmoker

Another wasted season on 22:06 - Nov 26 by rgp1

Fair point.
I can't remember another season in our history where we recruited a team a whole season before they were needed.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Another wasted season on 10:03 - Nov 27 with 1780 viewsChurchman

Another wasted season on 22:06 - Nov 26 by rgp1

How true. It was obvious it was done and dusted before the end of August.

Yes, this season is turning into a bit of a mess. It occurs to me that the club is rightly putting in structure to take the club forward (a CEO that knows a bit more than where to find a tin of cheap paint from the B&Q bargain bin, a medical team, DoF etc etc). It’s even putting in place a recruitment team. Excellent!

However, the way in which recruitment was done was for good reason completely at odds with the measured approach they’re taking with everything else. I know it’s the way Cook wanted to go about it and possibly the only way, given the state Evans had left things (a matter of opinion, I know), but the recruitment last summer was the equivalent of hurling mud at a wall.

It may have worked for Cook before. Hopefully it will work again, if he keeps his job, but this season looks to be a write off. I am usually wrong and hopefully am in this case. Who knows, we might go on a long winning run after Christmas. Stranger things have happened.
Another wasted season on 10:11 - Nov 27 with 1767 viewsParisBlue

Maybe we'll win the FA Cup...?

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

Another wasted season on 10:39 - Nov 27 with 1743 viewsBlueBadger

Another wasted season on 21:54 - Nov 26 by unstableblue

Yup

The BB prediction - another 'statement win' tomorrow, followed by a 'professional' 2-1 win over Barrow and then two utterly toothless displays at Charlton and Wigan.

The ressies will do.....something in the pizza cup but let's face it, none of us give a toss about that.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2021 10:41]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Another wasted season on 11:44 - Nov 27 with 1686 viewsrgp1

Another wasted season on 10:03 - Nov 27 by Churchman

How true. It was obvious it was done and dusted before the end of August.

Yes, this season is turning into a bit of a mess. It occurs to me that the club is rightly putting in structure to take the club forward (a CEO that knows a bit more than where to find a tin of cheap paint from the B&Q bargain bin, a medical team, DoF etc etc). It’s even putting in place a recruitment team. Excellent!

However, the way in which recruitment was done was for good reason completely at odds with the measured approach they’re taking with everything else. I know it’s the way Cook wanted to go about it and possibly the only way, given the state Evans had left things (a matter of opinion, I know), but the recruitment last summer was the equivalent of hurling mud at a wall.

It may have worked for Cook before. Hopefully it will work again, if he keeps his job, but this season looks to be a write off. I am usually wrong and hopefully am in this case. Who knows, we might go on a long winning run after Christmas. Stranger things have happened.

Agreed I think the point is that those of us that think the season is over would absolutely love to be proved wrong but just cannot see it. It was pointed out the other day that we haven't won 5 in a row for 20 years! That's a shocking statistic. My problem with Cook is that he found a wasps nest but in a fit of panic to get rid of it he burnt the house to ground, only to discover he doesn't know how to rebuild it!
Another wasted season on 11:48 - Nov 27 with 1675 viewsWD19

Another wasted season on 11:44 - Nov 27 by rgp1

Agreed I think the point is that those of us that think the season is over would absolutely love to be proved wrong but just cannot see it. It was pointed out the other day that we haven't won 5 in a row for 20 years! That's a shocking statistic. My problem with Cook is that he found a wasps nest but in a fit of panic to get rid of it he burnt the house to ground, only to discover he doesn't know how to rebuild it!

It wasn’t a house. It was a rotten old shed that hadn’t been maintained. There was quite literally nothing left to knock down. It was only held together by the wasps nest.

The inability to build a new shed is a different matter altogether.
Another wasted season on 11:51 - Nov 27 with 1665 viewsKeaneish

Not for me. I’m on for my “win division outright accumulator” at £3.5k; at worst it’ll be a great cash out: Man City, Fulham, Sunderland and Forest Green.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Another wasted season on 15:19 - Nov 27 with 1519 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Another wasted season on 11:51 - Nov 27 by Keaneish

Not for me. I’m on for my “win division outright accumulator” at £3.5k; at worst it’ll be a great cash out: Man City, Fulham, Sunderland and Forest Green.

Will they pay out with Sunderland being nowhere close?

Another wasted season on 15:33 - Nov 27 with 1486 viewsrgp1

Another wasted season on 11:48 - Nov 27 by WD19

It wasn’t a house. It was a rotten old shed that hadn’t been maintained. There was quite literally nothing left to knock down. It was only held together by the wasps nest.

The inability to build a new shed is a different matter altogether.

Added to that the club wheels out different puppy salesman every week to convince us they are rebuilding the shed, except they build it for one day and it falls down courtesy of the opposition!
Another wasted season on 20:04 - Nov 27 with 1358 viewsMackemLad

Another wasted season on 15:19 - Nov 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

We're 3 points off top with a game in hand? I’d say we’re close! The problem is we’ve been awful for 6 weeks now, but we’re well in touch with lots of players out injured and a transfer window coming soon.

That’s a good bet to cash out at some point!
Another wasted season on 20:15 - Nov 27 with 1335 viewsKeaneish

Another wasted season on 15:19 - Nov 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Sunderland are 5 pts off the top. As long as they stay in touching distance, the cash out is going up week-by-week.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Another wasted season on 20:19 - Nov 27 with 1319 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Another wasted season on 20:04 - Nov 27 by MackemLad

We're 3 points off top with a game in hand? I’d say we’re close! The problem is we’ve been awful for 6 weeks now, but we’re well in touch with lots of players out injured and a transfer window coming soon.

That’s a good bet to cash out at some point!

Hadn't realised it was so close at the top. Just saw you were 6th and thought you had dropped well behind. Not a lot of point looking that far up the table for us. You clearly think this year could be very different from the rest. I look forward to that feeling eventually coming here hopefully.

Another wasted season on 20:19 - Nov 27 with 1319 viewspointofblue

Another wasted season on 22:11 - Nov 26 by Oldsmoker

Fair point.
I can't remember another season in our history where we recruited a team a whole season before they were needed.

We've arguably done it twice in four seasons - we recruited a League One side for the Championship in 18/19 and have now recruited a Championship side (without the muscle and bite required at this level) for League One in 21/22.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Another wasted season on 20:25 - Nov 27 with 1296 viewsitfcjoe

It’s just infuriating how much it is drifting away, and how far behind the 8 ball we are.

This season should have been different, but then so should the last two - least we had some false hope due to results those season as opposed to just signings

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Another wasted season on 20:47 - Nov 27 with 1237 viewsMackemLad

Another wasted season on 20:19 - Nov 27 by Nthsuffolkblue

Hadn't realised it was so close at the top. Just saw you were 6th and thought you had dropped well behind. Not a lot of point looking that far up the table for us. You clearly think this year could be very different from the rest. I look forward to that feeling eventually coming here hopefully.

Not really - if things don’t change soon in terms of performances we won’t be getting automatic. My point was just that we were close now, and could go joint top with our game in hand. We are playing horrific football right now, and the good teams are going to spank us. We will buy in January though. I think we’ll finish top 6 still on account of our home form won 7/8
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024