Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth 19:07 - Nov 27 with 5189 viewsIpswich24

Are so fantastic, how come other sides don't find it difficult to get results against them. Also Sunderland go to cambridge and win , MK Don's romp to another win, the gap just gets bigger and bigger. 10 points off the playoffs and we only in November.

Poll: Who would you like to be manager out of these?

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 19:08 - Nov 27 with 2901 viewsclive_baker

Because they’re better than us.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 19:08 - Nov 27 with 2896 viewsJ2BLUE

Yea it's been a special level of failure by Cook to get here.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 19:15 - Nov 27 with 2857 viewsKeaneish

Another really insightful post with no substance. A TWTD hallmark, well done.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 19:29 - Nov 27 with 2761 viewsSteve_M

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 19:08 - Nov 27 by clive_baker

Because they’re better than us.

Indeed.

Although Oxford - Rotherham finishing 0-0 isn’t a great surprise having seen how well organised both were derisively in the year last few weeks.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 19:35 - Nov 27 with 2707 viewsMullet

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 19:29 - Nov 27 by Steve_M

Indeed.

Although Oxford - Rotherham finishing 0-0 isn’t a great surprise having seen how well organised both were derisively in the year last few weeks.

How can you possibly they say they are better than us when we have the best manager, squad, owners, pies etc possible Steve?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 20:40 - Nov 27 with 2548 viewsbobbyramsey

Exactly, you've hit the nail on the head "It's only November"

Long way to go yet.......
So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 20:44 - Nov 27 with 2528 viewschrismakin

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 20:40 - Nov 27 by bobbyramsey

Exactly, you've hit the nail on the head "It's only November"

Long way to go yet.......

Genuine question. What is it you think will happen to enable us to finish in the playoffs.

We will need at least a run of 10 games on the bounce winning to have any chance... can you see that happening?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 20:52 - Nov 27 with 2507 viewsHerbivore

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 20:44 - Nov 27 by chrismakin

Genuine question. What is it you think will happen to enable us to finish in the playoffs.

We will need at least a run of 10 games on the bounce winning to have any chance... can you see that happening?

If we won 10 on the bounce we'd have 54 points from 29 games and we'd be in the play offs and in with a sniff of the automatics.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 21:16 - Nov 27 with 2420 viewsbobbyramsey

I live in hope, forever the optimist.....

It's difficult sometimes though ;)
So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 23:04 - Nov 27 with 2282 viewspositivity

that's complete nonsense, we could fail to string 2 wins together for the rest of the season and still get 79 points.

why do you think we need 10 on the spin as a minimum?!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Errrrrrr on 23:13 - Nov 27 with 2234 viewsunstableblue

If you don’t think Plymouth and Rotherham aren’t strong sides in League One then I’m not sure what to say.

They just came up against good sides today, who ‘turned up’ and weren’t gripped by fear as we were on Tuesday. Wigan are strong, end of.

There are good sides at the top of this league no matter what people say.

The R5 commentator was waxing lyrical about the quality of the Plymouth v Wigan.

For us to succeed this season we had to gel quick, hit the ground running, get confidence early, and be consistent.

We’ve failed, and no matter what people say, this league has decent teams and is hard.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 23:40 - Nov 27 with 2136 viewspositivity

i didn't think plymouth looked *that* good, given that we'd lost our entire right hand side shortly before the game, they still only just edged past us at home

rotherham were much better, but any league one team can lose to another on any given day

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 00:10 - Nov 28 with 2093 viewsHighgateBlue

And if they're not in fact "so good", then what on earth does that make us? Bottom half make-weights, perchance?
So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 03:08 - Nov 28 with 1981 viewsbournemouthblue

Plymouth much like Sunderland were games where we were incredibly wasteful and should have been winning

I know we have scored a decent tally of goals but boy are we wasteful, I suppose that's just the nature of League One players ultimately

Lambert's sides were pretty disappointing going forward and barely had a plan B, they normally reasonably solid and organised at the back though, something despite all the investment, seems to have gone backwards under Cook

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 03:30 - Nov 28 with 1968 viewsquad

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 03:08 - Nov 28 by bournemouthblue

Plymouth much like Sunderland were games where we were incredibly wasteful and should have been winning

I know we have scored a decent tally of goals but boy are we wasteful, I suppose that's just the nature of League One players ultimately

Lambert's sides were pretty disappointing going forward and barely had a plan B, they normally reasonably solid and organised at the back though, something despite all the investment, seems to have gone backwards under Cook

We were by far the better team against Plymouth.

We were in cruise control when winning 1-0 and if Penney had not defended like an absolute cretin for their first goal to let them back into the game then we would have won with ease IMO.
Errrrrrr on 08:07 - Nov 28 with 1808 viewsHerbivore

Errrrrrr on 23:13 - Nov 27 by unstableblue

If you don’t think Plymouth and Rotherham aren’t strong sides in League One then I’m not sure what to say.

They just came up against good sides today, who ‘turned up’ and weren’t gripped by fear as we were on Tuesday. Wigan are strong, end of.

There are good sides at the top of this league no matter what people say.

The R5 commentator was waxing lyrical about the quality of the Plymouth v Wigan.

For us to succeed this season we had to gel quick, hit the ground running, get confidence early, and be consistent.

We’ve failed, and no matter what people say, this league has decent teams and is hard.

They are good sides for League 1 is about the best you can say. That Rotherham consistently fail to stay in the Championship for more than one season suggests they aren't a good side in the wider scheme of things. I'm not sure Plymouth are necessarily even a good League 1 side especially, they've just been grinding results out. People keep saying this is the best League 1 ever but I'm knot sure I see it. There's nobody with the attacking fluency of Peterborough when they were on song, Rotherham look very much like Hull did last year. Sunderland are still Sunderland. Oxford are still right in the mix which you wouldn't necessarily expect if the quality of the rest of the league had gone up so much, given they don't have the resources to keep strengthening themselves. The league is what it's been ever since we've been down here. A lot of dross and some better sides whose main feature is they are well drilled.

Errrrrrr on 08:22 - Nov 28 with 1775 viewsMullet

Errrrrrr on 08:07 - Nov 28 by Herbivore

They are good sides for League 1 is about the best you can say. That Rotherham consistently fail to stay in the Championship for more than one season suggests they aren't a good side in the wider scheme of things. I'm not sure Plymouth are necessarily even a good League 1 side especially, they've just been grinding results out. People keep saying this is the best League 1 ever but I'm knot sure I see it. There's nobody with the attacking fluency of Peterborough when they were on song, Rotherham look very much like Hull did last year. Sunderland are still Sunderland. Oxford are still right in the mix which you wouldn't necessarily expect if the quality of the rest of the league had gone up so much, given they don't have the resources to keep strengthening themselves. The league is what it's been ever since we've been down here. A lot of dross and some better sides whose main feature is they are well drilled.

Rotherham were to be sneered at when we were at our most shameful ebb in the championship. A team to be utterly disrespected and lamented. Now we have fallen from such a shameful moment to the best football ever, they are Arsenal’s Invincibles and to be lauded.

Weird isn’t it?

Errrrrrr on 08:27 - Nov 28 with 1762 viewsYallop

Errrrrrr on 08:22 - Nov 28 by Mullet

Rotherham were to be sneered at when we were at our most shameful ebb in the championship. A team to be utterly disrespected and lamented. Now we have fallen from such a shameful moment to the best football ever, they are Arsenal’s Invincibles and to be lauded.

Weird isn’t it?

Mate it's matchday. Get yourself down there and cheer on the lads. Enjoy it. Hopefully we'll hammer Crewe.
Errrrrrr on 08:31 - Nov 28 with 1741 viewsMullet

Errrrrrr on 08:27 - Nov 28 by Yallop

Mate it's matchday. Get yourself down there and cheer on the lads. Enjoy it. Hopefully we'll hammer Crewe.

I’d never make it and come home to my stuff still inside the house. I’ve been to more games than not and supported throughout. I’m not really sure what this sort of attitude is meant to mean.

I’d love us to hand out another thrashing, but as we’ve seen they’re not followed up and now we need that more than ever. A big victory today would be Pig scoring and a bit of creativity coming off. Our lack of goals this month is worrying.

Errrrrrr on 08:36 - Nov 28 with 1717 viewsYallop

Errrrrrr on 08:31 - Nov 28 by Mullet

I’d never make it and come home to my stuff still inside the house. I’ve been to more games than not and supported throughout. I’m not really sure what this sort of attitude is meant to mean.

I’d love us to hand out another thrashing, but as we’ve seen they’re not followed up and now we need that more than ever. A big victory today would be Pig scoring and a bit of creativity coming off. Our lack of goals this month is worrying.

I agree it's been a poor month result wise but aside from Rotherham we've played well. When matchday comes we have to put the negatives aside and try to enjoy it.
Errrrrrr on 08:40 - Nov 28 with 1696 viewsMullet

Errrrrrr on 08:36 - Nov 28 by Yallop

I agree it's been a poor month result wise but aside from Rotherham we've played well. When matchday comes we have to put the negatives aside and try to enjoy it.

If someone posting fairly blandly on Twtd at 8am ruins our players then they aren’t cut out to play for us. We’ve shown incredible support for far too long, I don’t think we are the problem are we?

So if Rotherham are so good and Plymouth on 08:42 - Nov 28 with 1683 viewstractordownsouth

I don't think anyone has claimed Plymouth are particularly spectacular. I can't see anybody catching Rotherham however.

But yes the season so far has been a failure.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Errrrrrr on 08:46 - Nov 28 with 1671 viewsYallop

Errrrrrr on 08:40 - Nov 28 by Mullet

If someone posting fairly blandly on Twtd at 8am ruins our players then they aren’t cut out to play for us. We’ve shown incredible support for far too long, I don’t think we are the problem are we?

We'll always show great support it's what we do.

Anyway get the kids sorted and roll on 3pm. I can see a great performance today and we'll be looking up again. Have a good one pal. Trust me you'll be feeling more positive about Cookie come 5pm!
Errrrrrr on 08:50 - Nov 28 with 1653 viewsgazzer1999

Errrrrrr on 08:46 - Nov 28 by Yallop

Anyway get the kids sorted and roll on 3pm. I can see a great performance today and we'll be looking up again. Have a good one pal. Trust me you'll be feeling more positive about Cookie come 5pm!

Noted!
Errrrrrr on 09:29 - Nov 28 with 1562 viewsHerbivore

Errrrrrr on 08:46 - Nov 28 by Yallop

Some don't blow in the wind game to game, mate. We could win 6-0 again today and it wouldn't mean Cook is doing a good job here. He needs to put together a sustained run, the like of which he's not managed in 35 games in charge. Crewe are awful, smashing them should be a par result given the resources at our disposal.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024