Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Paul 20:47 - Nov 27 with 1904 viewssaffers12

Warne? How would he do with more financial resources at Town?

Wouldn't be surprised if he was on a shortlist...
Another Paul on 20:48 - Nov 27 with 1906 viewsSitfcB

No more Pauls and certainly no more scummers.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Another Paul on 20:48 - Nov 27 with 1895 viewshomer_123

...unlikely to be ours.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Another Paul on 20:49 - Nov 27 with 1888 viewsitfcjoe

No more Pauls, especially those with Norwich connections like Lambert and Cook

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Another Paul on 08:22 - Nov 28 with 1691 viewsTonyHumesIpswich

Along with Paul McVeigh?
Another Paul on 08:29 - Nov 28 with 1676 viewsIpswichKnight

Hates us he’s a massive scum fan.
Another Paul on 08:30 - Nov 28 with 1671 viewschicoazul

Another Paul on 20:48 - Nov 27 by SitfcB

No more Pauls and certainly no more scummers.

Quite right Sitters

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Another Paul on 08:42 - Nov 28 with 1654 viewsclive_baker

No chance, he’s a proper scummer. It’s one thing hiring a Lambert who has a few seasons there as manager, it’s another hiring a bloke born and bred there and growing up supporting them.

Honestly can’t get my head around people saying no based on his first name, unless it’s a joke that’s gone over my head.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Another Paul on 08:46 - Nov 28 with 1636 viewsGeoffSentence

It doesn't matter how good they are, I don't think I could tae another Paul.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Another Paul on 09:05 - Nov 28 with 1611 viewsSaxonblue74

On a shortlist? There is no shortlist as Cook is going nowhere! Do you guys ever read statements from our owners? They are considerably more patient and realistic. There isn't a manager out there who would do any better with a brand new squad less than half way through a season!

Poll: Would you take MM and TC back tomorrow?

Another Paul on 09:10 - Nov 28 with 1585 viewsMullet

Another Paul on 09:05 - Nov 28 by Saxonblue74

On a shortlist? There is no shortlist as Cook is going nowhere! Do you guys ever read statements from our owners? They are considerably more patient and realistic. There isn't a manager out there who would do any better with a brand new squad less than half way through a season!

When does Lamberts 5 year contract finish?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Another Paul on 09:46 - Nov 28 with 1527 viewsitfcjoe

There isn’t a manager out there who could be doing much worse

Another Paul on 09:50 - Nov 28 with 1502 viewsitfcjoe

Another Paul on 08:42 - Nov 28 by clive_baker

No chance, he’s a proper scummer. It’s one thing hiring a Lambert who has a few seasons there as manager, it’s another hiring a bloke born and bred there and growing up supporting them.

Honestly can’t get my head around people saying no based on his first name, unless it’s a joke that’s gone over my head.

If Cook goes soon it will mean 4 of our last 5 managers will have been called Paul and all failed - in some ways it’s a bit tongue in cheek but not sure I could face another one!

Another Paul on 10:16 - Nov 28 with 1463 viewsstrikalite

Another Paul on 09:50 - Nov 28 by itfcjoe

If Cook goes soon it will mean 4 of our last 5 managers will have been called Paul and all failed - in some ways it’s a bit tongue in cheek but not sure I could face another one!

Here's a question, do you think Lampard would be interested this time? Good owners, good fan base, can't see a Prem job coming along anytime soon...
Another Paul on 10:21 - Nov 28 with 1425 viewschrismakin

Bolton gaffs if someone from our league.

But I'd be surprised if when the time comes. Gamechanger don't get in someone high profile. Depends who makes the decision. Them or Ashton.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Another Paul on 10:28 - Nov 28 with 1433 viewsBlueBadger

We only have 5 more points than newly-promoted Morecombe, who made a similar number of signings to us on a fraction of the budget.

Wycombe, in 3rd signed 14 players and have 14 more points than us.

Wigan who are top, made 17.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2021 10:40]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Another Paul on 10:32 - Nov 28 with 1409 viewsChurchman

They are Americans. Americans provide support literally and verbally. They give people the tools to do the job. But if people then fail, they’re as ruthless as can be. Whether it’s NFL, Ice Hockey or any other sport, they have a winning mentality and losers don’t tend to last long.

They are not going to be issuing anything publicly on Cook. It’ll be all smiles and encouragement, but I’d be very surprised if they tolerate his inept ‘efforts’ for too much longer. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they weren’t even now considering who to replace him with.
Another Paul on 10:36 - Nov 28 with 1399 viewsitfcjoe

Another Paul on 10:16 - Nov 28 by strikalite

Here's a question, do you think Lampard would be interested this time? Good owners, good fan base, can't see a Prem job coming along anytime soon...

Think it's hard to rule anything out when yous ee how aggressive and out of our league we were in the transfer market this summer - this is one of the best jobs in the EFL currently and people will be falling over themselves for it if it is available.

Whether Lampard will be one, who knows - but be interested to hear why he turned down Norwich, if indeed he did. If he did turn them down then think it is unlikely he's interested in dropping down as far as quickly

Another Paul on 10:48 - Nov 28 with 1347 viewsChurchman

Another Paul on 10:36 - Nov 28 by itfcjoe

Think it's hard to rule anything out when yous ee how aggressive and out of our league we were in the transfer market this summer - this is one of the best jobs in the EFL currently and people will be falling over themselves for it if it is available.

Whether Lampard will be one, who knows - but be interested to hear why he turned down Norwich, if indeed he did. If he did turn them down then think it is unlikely he's interested in dropping down as far as quickly

‘Frank Lampard Ipswich’. No thanks. We had enough of that nonsense with madman Keane.

I don’t think he did a great job at Derby either. He looked tactically inept and only got past dirty Leeds in the play offs because Leeds committed suicide either side of half time.

It will be interesting to see who they do go for. Hopefully not some tired old second rate failure like Nigel Atkins or Paul Jewell.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2021 10:59]
Another Paul on 11:04 - Nov 28 with 1306 viewspointofblue

Another Paul on 10:28 - Nov 28 by BlueBadger

We only have 5 more points than newly-promoted Morecombe, who made a similar number of signings to us on a fraction of the budget.

Wycombe, in 3rd signed 14 players and have 14 more points than us.

Wigan who are top, made 17.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2021 10:40]

No, no, no, no, no, that is simply not correct. No other side has rebuilt a side in the summer then gone on to be successful that season, it has never happened in the history of football. If they tell you otherwise they’re just a hater of Cook who simply cannot catch a break here, somehow having two squads that refuse to perform for him and understandably needs more that the season to get the best squad in the division just to be in a position to battle for the top six.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Another Paul on 11:11 - Nov 28 with 1288 viewsSaxonblue74

Another Paul on 10:48 - Nov 28 by Churchman

‘Frank Lampard Ipswich’. No thanks. We had enough of that nonsense with madman Keane.

I don’t think he did a great job at Derby either. He looked tactically inept and only got past dirty Leeds in the play offs because Leeds committed suicide either side of half time.

It will be interesting to see who they do go for. Hopefully not some tired old second rate failure like Nigel Atkins or Paul Jewell.

Frank Lampard? Would prefer Frank Spencer!! It never ceases to amaze me how people call for change for changes sake based upon nothing whatsoever. I remember a large number calling for the Cowleys, remember their tactics when PC pitted his wits against them?

Another Paul on 11:17 - Nov 28 with 1256 viewsSaxonblue74

Another Paul on 10:32 - Nov 28 by Churchman

They are Americans. Americans provide support literally and verbally. They give people the tools to do the job. But if people then fail, they’re as ruthless as can be. Whether it’s NFL, Ice Hockey or any other sport, they have a winning mentality and losers don’t tend to last long.

They are not going to be issuing anything publicly on Cook. It’ll be all smiles and encouragement, but I’d be very surprised if they tolerate his inept ‘efforts’ for too much longer. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they weren’t even now considering who to replace him with.

Bit of a sweeping statement for a nation of 330 million!

Another Paul on 11:24 - Nov 28 with 1219 viewspointofblue

That is the one issue - if we do sack Cook who do we bring in? I agree regarding Lampard; he jumped ship before he was ready at Chelsea and hadn’t fully learned the game so he’d be on a learning curve.

Appleton, from rumours, appears to be the owners favourite but doesn’t have a great strike rate at anywhere but Lincoln, and he’s not having a great time there this season.

Adkins had a disaster at Charlton this season and is being shown up by his temporary replacement.

Why would any manager from the teams above us want to join us? Would it being a case of looking at Warnock to try and at least get us out of the division? Or I suppose the owners may look abroad which would be novel for us.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Another Paul on 12:52 - Nov 28 with 1099 viewsIllinoisblue

Another Paul on 10:32 - Nov 28 by Churchman

I’d be very surprised if they have anything more than a very limited knowledge of potential replacements. They’ll be leaning heavily on Ashton for guidance I would imagine

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Another Paul on 13:55 - Nov 28 with 1021 viewsChurchman

Another Paul on 12:52 - Nov 28 by Illinoisblue

I’d be very surprised if they have anything more than a very limited knowledge of potential replacements. They’ll be leaning heavily on Ashton for guidance I would imagine

I’d say so. Ashton and the Chairman will do the recruiting I presume. God knows who. I can’t think of anyone tbh, but there must be somebody better than the trail of deadbeats and failures that have littered this club in recent decades (MM excluded).
Another Paul on 14:41 - Nov 28 with 950 viewsstrikalite

Think that's harsh, there no doubting that he has brought through some decent players, at Chelsea he had that transfer embargo to deal with and I think everyone was surprised when he got the boot, at the time anyway...

The truth is that young players would look up to him, bit like Gerrard, you have to respect what he achieved as a player, bit unfair to judge him yet as a Manager...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024