Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clements over KVY 14:04 - Nov 28 with 883 viewsWallingford_Boy

Hmmmmmm..

RIP Sir Bobby

Clements over KVY on 14:07 - Nov 28 with 835 viewsPippin1970

Every Paul at Ipswich has been stubborn.
Clements over KVY on 14:21 - Nov 28 with 761 viewsHerbivore

At this point I'm not sure it's fair on Clements. He hadn't made a league start before and he's now starting his 5th(?) game in a row over a short space of time. He looked a bit out of his depth at times on Tuesday, though wasn't alone to be fair, and now seems a good time to take him out of the spotlight. Two defensive full backs against the bottom side at home is also an odd shout.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Clements over KVY on 14:22 - Nov 28 with 749 viewsStokieBlue

Clements over KVY on 14:21 - Nov 28 by Herbivore

At this point I'm not sure it's fair on Clements. He hadn't made a league start before and he's now starting his 5th(?) game in a row over a short space of time. He looked a bit out of his depth at times on Tuesday, though wasn't alone to be fair, and now seems a good time to take him out of the spotlight. Two defensive full backs against the bottom side at home is also an odd shout.

Agreed.

I would have played KVY.

Clements isn't as young as I think many people believe - 21 now. Do we as a club tend to wait longer to get youth players into the first team?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Clements over KVY on 14:24 - Nov 28 with 727 viewsgazzer1999

Clements over KVY on 14:22 - Nov 28 by StokieBlue

Agreed.

I would have played KVY.

Clements isn't as young as I think many people believe - 21 now. Do we as a club tend to wait longer to get youth players into the first team?

SB

No George Burley, was 17 making his debut marking George Best, arguably past his best but still the greatest of all time.
Clements over KVY on 14:25 - Nov 28 with 715 viewsStokieBlue

Clements over KVY on 14:24 - Nov 28 by gazzer1999

No George Burley, was 17 making his debut marking George Best, arguably past his best but still the greatest of all time.

I'm not convinced that something that happened in the 1970's has any relevance whatsoever.

I thought the context of my post was fairly clear to be the modern history of ITFC.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Clements over KVY on 14:26 - Nov 28 with 707 viewsgazzer1999

Clements over KVY on 14:07 - Nov 28 by Pippin1970

Every Paul at Ipswich has been stubborn.

And crap.
Clements over KVY on 14:27 - Nov 28 with 688 viewsgazzer1999

Clements over KVY on 14:26 - Nov 28 by gazzer1999

And crap.

That does not include players in that statement.
Clements over KVY on 14:28 - Nov 28 with 682 viewsHerbivore

Agreed.

I would have played KVY.

SB

I could be wrong but I think Clements might have been hampered by injury? I know he's not a kid as such but he's very inexperienced and playing so many games back to back from out of nowhere is asking a lot and it's shown in his last couple of games. KVY was very good versus Wycombe and then hasn't started since, today seemed a perfect opportunity to bring him back in again.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Clements over KVY on 14:29 - Nov 28 with 665 viewsgazzer1999

Clements over KVY on 14:28 - Nov 28 by Herbivore

I could be wrong but I think Clements might have been hampered by injury? I know he's not a kid as such but he's very inexperienced and playing so many games back to back from out of nowhere is asking a lot and it's shown in his last couple of games. KVY was very good versus Wycombe and then hasn't started since, today seemed a perfect opportunity to bring him back in again.

Saving him for the 'Big' cup games coming up.
Clements over KVY on 14:33 - Nov 28 with 622 viewsstrikalite

Agreed.

I would have played KVY.

SB

We seemed too, though I think the wish to blood young homegrown players into the first team whilst winning games is always preferred, or they have to be a lot better than what we've brought in..
Clements over KVY on 14:34 - Nov 28 with 619 viewsBlueStreak

Worth noting that Bailey had taken a massive whack at Sunderland Saturday and wasn’t 100% (pretty bad bruising as was just a few days later). Was good against Oxford and Sunderland so think he deserves a run in the team.
Clements over KVY on 14:36 - Nov 28 with 602 viewsquad

I don't really get the clamour for Clements to be dropped. I think he has done very well and I don't think he has been out of his depth even against Rotherham. OK he was somewhat at fault for their 2nd goal but he was up against a very quick and clever attacker who outfoxed him. Bar that he didn't really put a foot wrong. Nowhere near as poor as Penney's defending for Plymouth's first goal and all the other times he has been beaten to the ball when he has had a 10-yard head start on the opposition player.

If Cook had wanted to play KVY surely he would have put him in ahead of Donacien.
Clements over KVY on 14:42 - Nov 28 with 563 viewsWallingford_Boy

Clements over KVY on 14:36 - Nov 28 by quad

I don't really get the clamour for Clements to be dropped. I think he has done very well and I don't think he has been out of his depth even against Rotherham. OK he was somewhat at fault for their 2nd goal but he was up against a very quick and clever attacker who outfoxed him. Bar that he didn't really put a foot wrong. Nowhere near as poor as Penney's defending for Plymouth's first goal and all the other times he has been beaten to the ball when he has had a 10-yard head start on the opposition player.

If Cook had wanted to play KVY surely he would have put him in ahead of Donacien.

Nothing against Clements, he’s done well.

But a poor game midweek so just seemed the right time to rest him and get KVY back involved, plus he’s much more of an attacking threat against the leagues weakest side.

KVY has played left back plenty of times, so just surprised to see Clements given the nod.

Agreed that Penney is not the answer though!

RIP Sir Bobby

Clements over KVY on 14:48 - Nov 28 with 532 viewschicoazul

Liking the look of Fraser Morsy though.
Not sure about Chaplin wide left presumably.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Clements over KVY on 14:48 - Nov 28 with 525 viewsquad

Clements over KVY on 14:42 - Nov 28 by Wallingford_Boy

Nothing against Clements, he’s done well.

But a poor game midweek so just seemed the right time to rest him and get KVY back involved, plus he’s much more of an attacking threat against the leagues weakest side.

KVY has played left back plenty of times, so just surprised to see Clements given the nod.

Agreed that Penney is not the answer though!

Fair enough. I get that KVY would have a lot more attacking threat. Maybe would be a good idea to rest Clements too. I just don't want Penney anywhere near the first team as I think he has been a liability!!
Clements over KVY on 14:51 - Nov 28 with 501 viewsquad

Clements over KVY on 14:48 - Nov 28 by chicoazul

Liking the look of Fraser Morsy though.
Not sure about Chaplin wide left presumably.

Hopefully Chaplin central and Celina wide left.
Clements over KVY on 14:53 - Nov 28 with 486 viewsKeno

Clements over KVY on 14:24 - Nov 28 by gazzer1999

Bit harsh on Burley, I think he had his best years probably in his mid 20''s

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Clements over KVY on 15:15 - Nov 28 with 433 viewspositivity

Clements over KVY on 14:21 - Nov 28 by Herbivore

janoi hasn't started very defensively!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024