Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Sir Frank Williams 14:56 - Nov 28 with 749 viewsChondzoresk

Probably having a chat with Ayrton Senna…..
God speed.
RIP Sir Frank Williams on 16:01 - Nov 28 with 680 viewsGuthrum

And his close friend Piers Courage.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

RIP Sir Frank Williams on 16:04 - Nov 28 with 674 viewsTractorFrog

RIP Sir Frank Williams on 16:01 - Nov 28 by Guthrum

And his close friend Piers Courage.

Am I right in thinking Courage and Senna are the only two drivers to die driving a Williams, or have I missed someone?

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

RIP Sir Frank Williams on 16:23 - Nov 28 with 652 viewsZapers

Indeed. Apart from Ron Dennis who was pushed out, pretty much the last of the great team managers/owners. Those days with Patrick Head they were pretty invincible along with McLaren. For me F1 was about Mansell Senna and Prost. When Senna died, a part of my love for F1 went with him.

I think he lived an amazing life considering his disabilities, he was definitely determined and succeeded in outliving his injuries.
RIP Sir Frank Williams on 16:52 - Nov 28 with 625 viewsKievthegreat

One of the most important people in the history of F1. Who else other than Enzo and perhaps Bernie comes close?
RIP Sir Frank Williams on 18:01 - Nov 28 with 563 viewssolomon

It’s a great loss. Frank defined and era of the sport which has been lost to the now all mighty manufacturer teams and their utterly vast resources, he was truly an iconic figure of a golden period of F1, a very sad day.
RIP Sir Frank Williams on 18:03 - Nov 28 with 559 viewsNthsuffolkblue

RIP Sir Frank Williams on 16:52 - Nov 28 by Kievthegreat

One of the most important people in the history of F1. Who else other than Enzo and perhaps Bernie comes close?

Murray Walker?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

RIP Sir Frank Williams on 19:29 - Nov 28 with 521 viewsZapers

Colin Chapman Kiev? Different era but no less an important figure in F1 history. I still enjoy watching F1 now, and I very much admire certain drivers. However in my opinion the big manufacturers have ruined the sport in comparison to how it was when dear old Murray and James Hunt were commentators.
RIP Sir Frank Williams on 20:23 - Nov 28 with 480 viewsKievthegreat

RIP Sir Frank Williams on 19:29 - Nov 28 by Zapers

Colin Chapman Kiev? Different era but no less an important figure in F1 history. I still enjoy watching F1 now, and I very much admire certain drivers. However in my opinion the big manufacturers have ruined the sport in comparison to how it was when dear old Murray and James Hunt were commentators.

Chapman is up there, but Frank has the longevity on his side IMO.
Login to get fewer ads

RIP Sir Frank Williams on 05:48 - Nov 29 with 386 viewssolomon

RIP Sir Frank Williams on 20:23 - Nov 28 by Kievthegreat

Chapman is up there, but Frank has the longevity on his side IMO.

Plus frank never fell to the charms of a certain mr John De Lorean.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024