Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The substitutions 17:00 - Nov 28 with 993 viewsurbanblue

For the life of me I don't understand why Evans needed to come on. Edwards for Aluko I get but Fraser was comfortable in the centre, clearly his best position.

If Cook wanted to change the number 10 would have made more sense to me to slot Pigott in there. What Pigot has to do to get minutes in the league I have no idea.
The substitutions on 17:03 - Nov 28 with 950 viewsHalifaxBlue

I don't get it at all. I assumed Fraser would go 10 and Evans would try and clog up midfield as we were giving up a lot there. But Evans just played as a 10 and had a shocker while they continued to run through our midfield.

Not meant as a criticism of Fraser btw, I thought he looked good in midfield.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

The substitutions on 17:07 - Nov 28 with 926 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Using his preferred 4-2-3-1 in the second half to hang on to the bottom team at home.
The substitutions on 17:08 - Nov 28 with 911 viewsSomethingBlue

Pigott should have been given half an hour there, Bonne was off it and we're getting no chance to find out whether we have a functioning alternative.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The substitutions on 17:10 - Nov 28 with 894 viewspositivity

is el miz injured?

would make more sense to have him there as a defensive change

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

The substitutions on 17:12 - Nov 28 with 876 viewsurbanblue

The substitutions on 17:03 - Nov 28 by HalifaxBlue

I don't get it at all. I assumed Fraser would go 10 and Evans would try and clog up midfield as we were giving up a lot there. But Evans just played as a 10 and had a shocker while they continued to run through our midfield.

Not meant as a criticism of Fraser btw, I thought he looked good in midfield.

I thought Fraser did go 10 with Evans slotting into the centre so it was obviously clear as mud what we were doing ...
The substitutions on 17:14 - Nov 28 with 854 viewsHalifaxBlue

The substitutions on 17:12 - Nov 28 by urbanblue

I thought Fraser did go 10 with Evans slotting into the centre so it was obviously clear as mud what we were doing ...

Evans was definitely spending a lot of time way ahead of Fraser, a couple times he was our highest player up the pitch. But yeah - maybe neither of them were certain either.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

The substitutions on 17:15 - Nov 28 with 842 views_sanctimoanious_

The substitutions on 17:12 - Nov 28 by urbanblue

no the heavy, laboured and sluggish Evans appeared to spend most of his time on the pitch as No10.
The substitutions on 17:19 - Nov 28 with 786 viewstimothyeo

The substitutions on 17:08 - Nov 28 by SomethingBlue

Pigott should have been given half an hour there, Bonne was off it and we're getting no chance to find out whether we have a functioning alternative.

Yeah its just really poor management. We need minutes in Pigots legs, Bonne is looking jaded and with busy Xmas fixtures round the corner it would be nice to take advantage of an opportunity to get Pigot as match sharp as possible, whilst resting Bonne
Login to get fewer ads

The substitutions on 17:48 - Nov 28 with 714 viewsgazzer1999

The substitutions on 17:19 - Nov 28 by timothyeo

Yeah its just really poor management. We need minutes in Pigots legs, Bonne is looking jaded and with busy Xmas fixtures round the corner it would be nice to take advantage of an opportunity to get Pigot as match sharp as possible, whilst resting Bonne

Bonne looked jaded because he was getting no service, just a big lump up the field form Walton. There was a couple of crosses that went over his head which were picked up by his stake partner, Oh wait he didn't have one, thats why it came to nothing again.
The substitutions on 17:51 - Nov 28 with 695 viewsMullet

He’s got more chance of changing a lightbulb than a game lately.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The substitutions on 17:54 - Nov 28 with 664 viewspointofblue

If Evans had to come on it should have been for Fraser. Taking off Chaplin seemed to confuse both Fraser and Evans as to who should be playing where. Another example of a lack of communication and seemingly no guidance or orders from the bench - was Evans a like for like or should he have dropped back, having Fraser play in the number ten position?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

The substitutions on 17:55 - Nov 28 with 654 viewsITFCBlues

I think it made perfect sense. They were litreally cutting through our midfield at will with Fraser in there.

The thing I didn't understand was why he then played him as a 10!

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

The substitutions on 18:26 - Nov 28 with 565 viewsWickets

Well he will start Pig on wednsday , if it helps .
[Post edited 30 Nov 2021 15:08]
The substitutions on 18:33 - Nov 28 with 534 viewsYallop

From what I saw he actually switched it to 433.
The substitutions on 18:36 - Nov 28 with 514 viewsDennyx4

The substitutions on 18:33 - Nov 28 by Yallop

From what I saw he actually switched it to 433.

That was what I thought too - with Evans to the right of Morsy and Fraser to the left.
The substitutions on 18:38 - Nov 28 with 499 viewsYallop

The substitutions on 18:36 - Nov 28 by Dennyx4

That was what I thought too - with Evans to the right of Morsy and Fraser to the left.

You saw Evans when he came on indicate a 3 man middle. It didn't work though. Too many gaps appeared
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024