Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why doesn’t Walton distribute the ball sooner? 19:00 - Nov 28 with 893 viewsBLUEBEAT

Most definitely the best keeper in squad but he seems really slow to process information, sometimes.

How many times are the front 3 screaming for the ball wanting to pounce on the break?

Frustrating.

Poll: W or W

Why doesn’t Walton distribute the ball sooner? on 19:07 - Nov 28 with 863 viewsMeadowlark

Yeah, he even did that catch and go to ground thing that keepers do to waste time - in the first half!!!
Why doesn’t Walton distribute the ball sooner? on 19:08 - Nov 28 with 856 viewsAlanG296

He is being kind to the opponents, allowing them time to get back in to their positions before hoofing it forward. It's the gentlemanly thing to do.
Why doesn’t Walton distribute the ball sooner? on 19:54 - Nov 28 with 737 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Is it the keeper or the instructions they are under? When Holy signed there were highlights of his distribution setting off effective counter-attacks, yet I cannot think of him doing that for us at all.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Why doesn’t Walton distribute the ball sooner? on 20:14 - Nov 28 with 704 viewsDurovigutum

They weren't. He was getting seriously fed up with the players hiding from him and having to go long, then losing possession. There were two really bad examples at about 70 minutes where JD ran to hide behind a player to avoid receiving the pass.
Why doesn’t Walton distribute the ball sooner? on 21:18 - Nov 28 with 589 viewsBLUEBEAT

Why doesn’t Walton distribute the ball sooner? on 19:54 - Nov 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

Is it the keeper or the instructions they are under? When Holy signed there were highlights of his distribution setting off effective counter-attacks, yet I cannot think of him doing that for us at all.

The front players were continually waving frantically at him, so doubt he was under instructions not to pick them out.

Poll: W or W

Why doesn’t Walton distribute the ball sooner? on 21:43 - Nov 28 with 533 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Why doesn’t Walton distribute the ball sooner? on 21:18 - Nov 28 by BLUEBEAT

The front players were continually waving frantically at him, so doubt he was under instructions not to pick them out.

I wonder if the instruction to the keepers is to slow the game down and not to take the risk. It would seem to go against the attacking philosophy overall but it seems Holy did it before he got here but none of our keepers do it now they are here. Perhaps the instruction comes via the goalkeeping coach rather than the manager. I don't really know but it is my observation that it doesn't happen.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Why doesn’t Walton distribute the ball sooner? on 22:31 - Nov 28 with 474 viewsSharkey

Why doesn’t Walton distribute the ball sooner? on 19:07 - Nov 28 by Meadowlark

Yeah, he even did that catch and go to ground thing that keepers do to waste time - in the first half!!!

I really wish they could find a way of getting this out of the game.
Why doesn’t Walton distribute the ball sooner? on 08:04 - Nov 29 with 337 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Sometimes it's game management - especially the final 15mins in the lead. Crewe had just scored, why should he force releasing the ball early when he can take the sting out of Crewe's momentum and allow us as a team to get up the pitch.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024